[OP] OP: Snake Eater II -CAMP RILEA- *16HR Event

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Event Information (view in calendar)

Starts: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:30 am
Ends: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:00 pm
Duration:1 Day, 6 Hours, 30 Minutes

OP: Snake Eater II -CAMP RILEA- *16HR Event

Postby Riddick » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:50 pm

OPERATION: SNAKE EATER II
presented by: http://www.warsportnw.com

This event will exclusively feature:
16 Hour Milsim-Lite Scenario Event
Vehicle Support
Objective based gameplay
Command Structure
Squad Management & Tactics
All ammo will be issued to you before and via team resupply during gameplay at NO EXTRA CHARGE
All sleeping arrangements will be done "IN THE FIELD / DURING DEPLOYMENT" - THERE IS NO BARRACKS ACCOMODATIONS
***MIDCAP ONLY EVENT*** unless Support/SAW class

Date:
8.26.17 - 8.27.17

Where:
Camp Rilea Armed Forces Training Center
33168 Patriot Way
Warrenton, Oregon 97146

Cost:
$60

For more info / RSVP, please visit: https://www.warsportnw.com/snakeeater2
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Team: N/A

Re: OP: Snake Eater II -CAMP RILEA- *16HR Event

Postby Riddick » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Reservations are currently being accepted.

https://www.warsportnw.com/snakeeater2
Riddick

Postby Grounded » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:25 pm

sweet
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Heretic » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:46 am

This is gunna be fun.
Heretic
Specops
Specops

Postby Airsoft Pacific » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:05 pm

-
INTRODUCTION:
While there is a lot of great info on the event FB Page and FB Teams closed groups, it can get easily lost or missed.
Any information here is for the benefit of both teams, so please don’t discuss strategies or team specific intel here.

For some of you :shock: this may be your first overnight airsoft/MilSim event in the field (going to be Awesome 8)). This is much different than sleeping in the cushy Starship Barracks at Camp Rilea. :wink:

PACKING:
The Big questions; what to bring and how to pack. Please read War Sports NW Players Handbook https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/252e63_5 ... f7276e.pdf There is a packing list on Page 5 and we are going to add to that.

A GREAT start is a packing video from Adam of SOTA Milsim. Some of you may remember Adam from Airsoft Outlet NW. He is a solid operator that has done a bunch of overnight OPs.

Here is AP's advice for this event. :idea:

Detailed Packing list
On your person
-Government Issued Picture ID; required for access to Camp Rilea
-War Sport NW Waiver and House Rules Agreement (don’t be one of those who fills out paperwork at the event)
-Cash for incidentals (BB’s, Chem lights for night game)
-UNIFORM – Team Specific
-Boots (please no tennis shoes if you can help it)
-Hat and or boonie and or helmet
-Load Bearing Equipment (PC, Chest Rig, Belt Rig .. ect)
-GPS and or compass
-Radio (Optional)
-Notepad & pen/pencil
-Gloves
-Mouth/Face protection required
-Eye protection (ANSI Z87 rated) needs to cover eye socket, mesh is OK but use at own risk
-Wrist watch (Time piece)

Primary Replica:
-AEG, SAW, DMR, BOLT, LM4 … pick your poison.
-Magazines
-Batteries/Gas
-Speed Loader
-BB’s (will be supplied in this game)
-Assault Pack: (Assault pack/hydro pack combo is suggested .. at the minimum you need to have water and snacks on -you in the field)

Items to Pack:
-Water, bring plenty for the 16 hours in the field. Start hydrating days before the event.
-Snacks (high protein, and good carbs, not a bunch of sugar)
-Medication
-Spare battery / gas
-Flashlight and or head lamp please make sure it has a red lens option
-Spare eye-pro
-Small garbage bag for trash
-Rucksack /Duffel Bag: (Each team will be assigned to a building in the MOUT for sleeping, so a duffel bag is fine but a rucksack/backpack also works … whatever you are used to)
-IFAC (individual first aid kit)
-Change of clothing (put clothing in a plastic bag to keep them dry. Besides a few layers, hopefully all you need are socks)
-Cooking stove – optional (NO COOKING INSIDE the building, I suggest MRE’s)
-Eating / cooking utensils
-Spare batteries for all of your lights and other toys
-Small roll of duct tape and electrical taps is super handy. Re-roll the tape on its self to keep it small … you don’t need much.
-Sleeping bag and or bevy sack
-Sleeping mat
-Personal hygiene kit (including medication)
-Large Heavy Duty plastic garbage bag for cleanup – Pack it in, pack it out

Meals
If you plan on eating in the field eye pro is required. If you wear a full-face mask w/o detachable face pro, please bring eye pro that will allow you to eat.

Other Things to Consider
Everything With You: Bring everything to the field that you will need for the 16 hour operation; Saturday 1600 to Sunday 0800. Going back and forth to your vehicle will be very difficult and reduce your teams combat effectiveness.

Cooking – if you go with dehydrated options, you need a way to boil water. Don’t bring anything that needs to stay cold.

Cooking is allowed OUTSIDE ONLY … no stove cooking in the building.

Weather / Sunset / Sunrise / Moon
It is August, but still the OR coast. Check the latest forecast before heading out.
Long range forecast.
67 degrees Hi / 51 degrees Low - No Rain
Sunset Saturday August 25 – 20:05hr.
Moon: Waxing crescent - Visible: 24% (going to be dark)
Sunrise Sunday August 26 – 06:30hr.

MAP READING
Here is a simple document about how to read MGRS coordinates. Phantom Fury made it for a specific event, but it is still applicable here http://www.phantomfuryairsoft.com/wp-co ... inates.pdf

Please feel free to comment or ask questions. We will do our best to answer, but some may need to go the event host, War Sport NW

We hope you find this information helpful!!
Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Instragram
Airsoft Pacific
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Riddick » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:03 pm

178 players registered. 4 spots left
Riddick

Postby Nark » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:10 am

Thanks to Rick and Bryan Shaw for putting on this event and for having to deal with us during it. I love Rilea and want to return.

NATO players... you left all your MREs around the MOUT facility. Your command should instill some sort of respect in yourselves because I only saw 2 of your team returning to pick them up after you all left. Great teamwork!!! If we had left the MOUT facility like that you think we'd be returning?
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ShakesFIST » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:31 pm

On the Facebook thread of AAR's it was recommended to post the AAR's here too so I am copying, pasting, and editing that post for here. I've also thought about things more after reading on Facebook.

Improve:
1. We need more info up front. Everything felt reactionary. All I knew walking in was that we were defending town. I feel like we could have assigned buildings and all that well before the game day and had a plan in mind before things kicked off. Part of the blame could lay on myself for not asking for more info though.

2. Having an official break time killed it. It gave people a reason to quit. Perhaps push it down to the commanders to order their forces into a gradual break. Turn off all respawns that are not at each factions base and have everyone hold there for an hour or so to "rearm, rest, get food, and prepare for a major offensive". Eventually the game will die down due to casualties.

3. Encourage more use of the field. The MOUT site is by far the greatest attraction to Rilea but encouraging people to use the whole area would be neat. Maybe little side objectives like what was done at previous games?

Sustain:
1. I feel we did well with holding sectors and shifting forces to problem areas. Most of the guys I talked with seemed willing to hold that spot to the death if need be. I tried to keep everyone informed and prepared enough just in case they got into a last man standing situation.

2. Ammo conservation: Everyone seemed to do pretty decently with this considering the amount and type of fighting. I ran into plenty of guys with low ammo but no one seemed to be completely out.

3. Epic side missions that reward +10 LOL's. Stealing all of NATO's ammo was hilarious. I think having small "commando" groups would be a great idea next time. In hindsight, I think I would have sent a small team out early on to locate the mortar and disable/destroy/capture it.

16 hours of continuous play may be out of our reach for now but I think if we can somehow gradually modify the two day event structure we are all used to, eventually we can get everyone (admins AND players) used to that style of play it can be done.

There was a lot that went wrong and a lot that went right. I had fun and I appreciate the effort of all involved in making things happen.
ShakesFIST
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Grounded » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:09 am

Thanks for the input bro.
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games