[OP] Red Storm

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Event Information (view in calendar)

Starts: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:00 pm
Ends: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:00 pm
Duration:1 Day, 21 Hours, 0 Minutes

Red Storm

Postby Lionclaws » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:29 pm

Operation: Red Storm
Presented by Lion Claws

After a major military clash between the US and Russia, the disruption of social order allowed militaristic warlords to expand their criminal operations both in the East, as well as inside the now reeling US State. US Military Command and SOCOM have diligently been reacting to any reports of Russian or Pro-Russian activity, but instant eradication has proved difficult.

A year ago, Rojo, who has been on the run from US Forces for some time, managed to set off a dirty bomb. Despite this, US forces have kept Rojo from regrouping his forces, though he still wields considerable influence. Intelligence indicates that Rojo and sympathetic Russian and Pro-Russian Milita forces may have plans to execute a similar attack. USASOC has dispatched Ranger elements to secure the area, prevent detonation of another dirty bomb or nuclear device, and capture Rojo and/or his Lieutenants, if possible.

When: June 13-15th
Where: Blue Heron Paper Mill, 419 Main St, Oregon City, Oregon 97045

Leadership:

US Forces: MSG. Howard "Mad Max" Mullen - A veteran US Army Ranger, "Mad Max" was recently inducted into the Ranger Hall of Fame, and has participated in a number of Lion Claws events. Under his leadership, you'll work in an ordered element and learn from a former Ranger Instructor. Full Bio Here.

Russian Forces: SFC. Mike Moore - Another US Army Ranger veteran, "Bubba" Moore is a high octane soldier, and a master at asymmetrical warfare. As a more recent Army Ranger Instructor, "Bubba" uses the latest Ranger doctrine to surprise and disrupt his opponent. Unconventional tactics are the name of the game. Full Bio Here.

Gameplay: - This is your WARNO. Forces will receive an OPORD with radio frequencies, mission objectives, and other details closer to the event.

Each force will be briefed with initial taskings and overall objectives the morning of the event. As assignments are completed, new orders will be issued based on changing mission needs and updated enemy intel.

Preplanning is encouraged, but it is your responsibility to organize lower-level leadership structures. We recommend Platoon Leaders be in direct contact with your CO, with each Platoon Leader being responsible for 1-4 Squad Leaders. Each Squad Leader will ideally have 2 Fire Team Leaders.

Other site intel, including maps, or other info, can be obtained via our local sponsor Airsoft Outlet NW, either in-store or via YouTube site videos.

The AO:

http://youtu.be/Hjs6u59XWLU

Schedule:
Friday: Check in, Chrono.
Saturday: Late Check in, Briefing, Early Iteration. Lunch Break, Afternoon Iteration. Dinner Break, Night Iteration
Sunday: Redeployment Briefing, Last Iteration.

Ruleset:

You can find the complete Lion Claws Core Ruleset Here. Notable highlights and alterations below:

366 FPS with .25g BB. There is no warning zone for this event. Under is Go, Over is No Go.

Since the entire AO is considered CQC, this is a semi-auto only event.

There is no Support (SAW) and no Sniper Rifles allowed at this event.

In addition to required uniforms per side, every participant is required to have a helmet and a flashlight. Weapon mount flashlights are highly recommended. An additional handheld light is also recommended.

Full seal eye protection required. Face protection strongly recommended.

You must be pre-registered to attend this event. Registration will likely sell out, so the sooner the better for those intent on going.

You can register as an individual here.

You can register as a squad here.

For more information, check out the Official Red Storm Facebook Page, or visit the Lion Claws OP: Red Storm Forum.
Lionclaws
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Red Storm

Postby Lionclaws » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:34 pm

For any ladies interested in attending, G&G Armament will be sponsoring 10 qualified female players to attend OP: Red Storm. Admission will be fully covered by G&G Armament.

To qualify, please post a brief summary of yourself and a pic holding a G&G rifle on the Red Storm Facebook Event thread. Explain WHY you deserve a complimentary ticket! Good luck!!

You can find G&G on Facebook here.
Lionclaws
Grunt
Grunt

Postby USB PLUG » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Sadly due to the lack of equipment, I can't go. If it wasn't for that I would be all over this op, looks like an awesome time though.
USB PLUG
Recruit
Recruit

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Already having Zombie filled dreams of this AO almost nightly.

Can't wait!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby The_Robcat » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:36 am

Well I have arrived. Unpacked my gear last night. So this sounds pretty AMAZING!

I was worried I would not find a large Psudo Indoor Location like this.

Will it be as wet looking in June as in these pictures or do we dry out for a time here in PDX?

Oh and a little off topic where can I go locally to get a new tappet plate for an M4?
The_Robcat
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Shortbu » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:03 pm

The_Robcat wrote:Well I have arrived. Unpacked my gear last night. So this sounds pretty AMAZING!

I was worried I would not find a large Psudo Indoor Location like this.

Will it be as wet looking in June as in these pictures or do we dry out for a time here in PDX?

Oh and a little off topic where can I go locally to get a new tappet plate for an M4?

Should be dry at that time, but this IS Oregon, and the weather is always a crap shoot.
Airsoft Outlet NW in Cornelius, Oregon Indoor Airsoft Arena in Beaverton, or Thunderkiss NW in Vancouver should have a tappet plate. Call em' and make sure,but they all keep them in stock.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby The_Robcat » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:53 pm

Thanks
The_Robcat
Grunt
Grunt

Postby SuicidalCrepe » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:49 am

Age restrictions for this OP?
SuicidalCrepe
Recruit
Recruit

Postby CarlitoCafe » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:18 pm

age restriction 18+ or go to there web site for more info
CarlitoCafe
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby spazzticsmurff » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:17 pm

i realy want to go to this game and since im going to LCXIII it is only half price to attend this one. the only thing that is stopping me is transport of guns/gear and of course me. oh yeah, lodging would probly be important too.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:21 pm

I feel as if I'm gonna be the only Russian at this game?

Anybody out there?

HEY LIONCLAWS!! HOW ABOUT LOWERING THE PRICE SO YOU/WE CAN GET A REAL TURNOUT!!!!

just saying.... it'd be nice. No for real.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby spazzticsmurff » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:56 am

ClownBaby wrote:I feel as if I'm gonna be the only Russian at this game?

Anybody out there?

HEY LIONCLAWS!! HOW ABOUT LOWERING THE PRICE SO YOU/WE CAN GET A REAL TURNOUT!!!!

just saying.... it'd be nice. No for real.

i dont think that there will be a problem with attendance at this ao. i think they will get a full count without a problem.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby tucansam21 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:34 am

I'm waiting to decide between this and Holy Wars, but I'd be going Russian
tucansam21
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Sat May 03, 2014 8:16 pm

The roster got fat quick. (Lion Claws forums) Thank God!

Gonna be a great game.

Just to beat a dead horse. If you haven't been out to the bluff above the plant, GO! It's fantabulous !!
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby SpooF-Man » Sun May 04, 2014 9:44 pm

So I'm new to huge mil-sim events, but I am trying too go to Red Storm. I was wondering if some Veterans of lion claws can help me. I'm going too try too register soon, but here is a few complications. I'm getting a full multicam uniform (Already have digital marpat, but I'm buying a new uniform since I don't have a helmet yet), I only have a AEG (I don't ever use a sidearm), I don't have a platoon or squad too join.

So I guess what I am asking is if the US team is full and can I still join? (can't find a roster telling me if they are full or not) I also don't have rank insignias

If I don't have a squad or group will they be able too attach me to a squad?

If I don't have a sidearm do they frown on that?

I'm pulling my hair out reading forums and trying too get ready before I register. New too huge events, and never thought lion claws would come too Oregon.
SpooF-Man
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games