[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Operation Dirty Hippie - Page 2 - Pacific Northwest Events/Games

[OP] Operation Dirty Hippie

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Event Information (view in calendar)

Starts: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:30 am
Ends: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:00 pm
Duration:0 Days, 7 Hours, 30 Minutes

Re: Operation Dirty Hippie

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:50 pm

People, please do an AAR for this. Hope You guys had fun! Thanks
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:41 am

Hey all, great game yesterday! Sadly, I am missing my pistol & holster that disappeared from my utility belt somewhere between lunch & the middle of the second half. It is a SOCOM Gear Gemtech Oasis with two magazines:

It was in an OD green universal buckle holster almost identical to this:

The pistol has "FOXHOUND" carved under the barrel as well as on the two mags. I have never seen anyone else on the field with this pistol so it should be very distinct.

If found, please PM. Thank you!
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:00 am

Yo Cruz, do you have an idea of what end/area of the field you were on when it ran away?

Figuring that out, and calling Stubby (Tim) himself, directly at Camp R&R, would be a good idea.
He's pretty amazing at finding stuff, and/or it might already be found.

Good Luck.

(So just to confirm, this was a holster/molle strap malfunction?)
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:28 am

Hey CB,

Thanks for checking in on this. The only place I could imagine having dropped it would be during the initial sprint from the very west side of the field, down the road to Homestead at the top of the second half. There was an entire team running behind me so it would be hard for someone to miss at that point. I did retrace those steps & thoroughly searched to no avail. I spent a lot of time on the south side of the field pushing towards the Stage.

Having said all that, it is a lightweight pistol & I have never had issues with the holster in over a year of use. I would actually be very surprised for it to have disconnected during play, but I know these things happen when we least expect them. Typically, the only way the holster comes off the belt is manual removal.

Regarding an AAR, the camo team won. There was an overwhelming number of camo players vs. PMC to begin with, but even after the teams were leveled out, I think more experienced players were on the camo team. Lots of new players attended which was totally awesome -- probably around 150-180 folks on the field in total. Thunder Kiss invented a fun game & there was much fantastic pew pew. Lots of BBs were given away after lunch & some lucky dude won a Valken Tactical AEG (looked like a UMP 45, not sure). A rogue "security force" was based in the town & they made things interesting.

Come out to the next one!
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nark » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:49 pm

Thanks for hosting Tim and thanks for putting on a fun game Thunderkiss. I was part of the group that was pulled for player admin duties in the village. It was terrific fun at the beginning watching both sides shoot at each other till some of the camo guys got too close and me and my buddy had to engage them, much to their confusion when they saw camo guys shooting at them. The Dirty Hippie was a great addition to the game, he kept it light and fun and I think it helped with keeping everyone having a good time.

The objectives were a little too easily obtained I thought. Hiding objectives, making them moveable would've made it more interesting and given each side a little more to push for rather than a hard dash to recover it. Within a half hour of starting the camo team had grabbed the briefcase on the road/trail north of the village. With more people I think more objectives should be planned. Have a tier system set up so 30 to 60 people show up, you have 3-5 objectives. 60 to 100 people, you have 5-10 that way everyone has a chance to achieve something and something worth doing besides simply being in a team deathmatch.

There was an extraordinary amount of people there, 70 v 70 and I feel like I only saw half of you from each side so I'm glad people didn't just flock to the village.

I had a great time getting to hang out with the blue bands and causing chaos for all you people and getting to meet a few more of the AP crowd. At the next event we should plan a AP only step away so we can all meet and greet each other and any new members as well. It might help them latch on to someone they have good repertoire with on the forum and have a better experience.
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Agent orange. » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:30 am

I just want to say it was a fantastic game, filled with outstanding individuals.
I got to meet alot of good people out there who worked great as a team, which was awsome to see.
And it was a awsome to work along side spook and the sons of liberty, they are a great group of guys who know what to do.
I hope some time in the future I can work and fight along side many of these fine individuals.

Sincerely, Restin.
A error does not become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it.

Orlando a Battista.
Agent orange.
Grunt
Grunt

Team: 79th

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:48 am

Sure would be great to hear from the Hippy Himself?

Thanks for the AAR's guys, Crossbow, You got one?
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:06 pm

Pistol was located on the field by teammates during yesterday's build day! Lesson: GET A BETTER HOLSTER
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:45 pm

New buildings in the village?

Oh yeah, glad You found your piece.
Did it just unsnap, or did it rip?

I smell some holster review coming up? (Theirs your new video content to grab the kiddies)
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Previous

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games