[OP] Operation Dirty Hippie

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Event Information (view in calendar)

Starts: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:30 am
Ends: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:00 pm
Duration:0 Days, 7 Hours, 30 Minutes

Operation Dirty Hippie

Postby ThunderKissNW » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:11 pm

Come on out and join us for this!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1696312120582273/

Premise:

Top Secret Government Agency (Top secret VIP) has been working on Secret Gamma Weapons. VIP was kidnapped and forced to build Gamma weapons that the PMC group has placed strategically throughout the US under Key cities.
Top Secret VIP managed to escape custody without giving the PMC group the activation codes to gamma weapons and alerted the Top Secret Gov. Agency. VIP is currently on the run from the PMC group.

Objectives:

Find the codes and then attempt to find VIP. VIP has a case that has the correct order of the code. Input code wrong or incomplete and game is over due to the Key Cities being destroyed!
Input the correct code and in the correct order to save the Key Cities by disarming the Gamma Weapons

Pyro/Smoke allowed: Yes
DEATH RAGS ARE REQUIRED:
BARREL SOCKS ARE REQUIRED OFF THE FIELD

Where:Camp R&R
61635 NW Agaard Rd
Gales Creek, Oregon 97117
Map:Map to Camp R&R
Field Map:General Field Map
Cost:Cash on location, Visa MasterCard
$15.00 Saturday

Rules:Safety Rules & FPS Limits

We strongly urge full face protection but it is not mandatory.
Any questionable safety gear spotted by admins will result in player being taken out of play

AEGs: 400 FPS
DMRs: 475 FPS Mechanically locked to Semi only
HPA: 1.5 Joules. ~Will be check for Joule Creep/Regulators must be locked~
Sniper Rifles (Bolt Action ONLY): 550 FPS
*Be courteous, be aware of your engagement distance*

Waivers:***Camp R&R Waiver***

Teams:
PMC: No camo patterns on clothing. Camo rigs ok.

Rescue: Any camo pattern is fine

If needed we will use tape to help designate teams/ balance teams.

Schedule:
Saturday 3/26/16
0800 - Field Opens – Turn in waivers, Show ID if you have them, pay fee and have your ammo checked at the snack shack
0800 - Registration / Chrono Opens
0930 - Registration / Chrono Closes
0930 - Safety Meeting
1000 - Game Starts
1230 - Lunch Break
1330 – Resume Game Play
1600 - Game Ends
Early regristration in the link below
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/operation-dirty-hippie-tickets-21118424777
When you register early, you recieve a free bottle of .28 Valken Bio bbs.
We have the best pricing in the NW for airsoft gear.
And now we offer the best indoor experience for our great community.
ThunderKissNW
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: N/A
Location: 14602 NE Fourth Plain Rd, Suite J, Vancouver, Wa 98682

Re: Operation Dirty Hippie

Postby Agent orange. » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:53 pm

Hey, I'm hoping to have a sidearm by the time of this game, and are there pistol FPS limits? cause I didn't see anything on this event page or on the AP website about safety rules.

Here is the link
http://www.evike.com/products/31807/

This sucker shoots hot and hard, but in the comments, people are saying that I can just use higher gram BB's to lower the FPS.

If you could get back to me on weather or not I am permitted to use this, that would be awesome.
A error does not become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it.

Orlando a Battista.
Agent orange.
Grunt
Grunt

Team: 79th

Postby Darius137 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:02 am

I'll be there with ze Germanz and of course, lovable scummy Russians!
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:20 am

Agent orange. wrote:Hey, I'm hoping to have a sidearm by the time of this game, and are there pistol FPS limits? cause I didn't see anything on this event page or on the AP website about safety rules.

Hey Agent Orange!
Camp R&R uses a 10' safety kill radius for AEGs & other guns with that high of a velocity. This means you will not be permitted to engage within 10' with that pistol. Some players may explain that the purpose of having an airsoft pistol is to be able to engage in close quarters, especially within the typical safety kill radius so you don't have to say "safety" & can just shoot. I would also add that, in my personal opinion, when two players encounter each other within 10', the one shooting a low-FPS pistol beats the one yelling "safety kill".

The short answer is "YES", you can use it at R&R or any other OUTDOOR field in the area. There will likely be restrictions on how close you can be when you shoot an opponent, but it's your call how you feel about that. At any rate, it looks very nice!
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:03 am

Agent Orange, You may want to reconsider your sidearm choice, as you most likely wouldn't be cleared to use that at any of the indoor arenas.

Plus IDK what weight BB you'd need to slow it down enough, but this too might be a hindrance during milsim games, where specific ammo is provided.

But yeah it's pretty, and it has a rail!

BTW, all the local shops have pistols that shoot under 350, and have stuff in that price range.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Agent orange. » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:12 am

Awesome, thanks again guys!

Clownbaby/Foxhound

I'm not one for indoor, and for getting in the enemy's face, unless when its the only to survive. I've been shot at point blank, and have tried doing safety kills and getting 16 17' kill, but in my opinion, its more of a hassle and argument than its worth trying to do, cause the other guy will be like

"Dude, like, I safetyed you, go back to spawn"

Me "Well, I lit your you up at the same time, so after you fool"

Its confrontations like that that I don't go to indoor, or get real close and comfy to the enemy with range.

Thanks again lads!
A error does not become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it.

Orlando a Battista.
Agent orange.
Grunt
Grunt

Team: 79th

Postby Payback » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:27 pm

doesn't matter what bb you use. You will always be chrono'd with a .20. So if it doesn't pass with a .20, it won't pass with a .40.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby Jester316 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:55 pm

Payback wrote:doesn't matter what bb you use. You will always be chrono'd with a .20. So if it doesn't pass with a .20, it won't pass with a .40.

This times 1 million (although at Steel Talon last month we used .25's, but had done the math. That was fun explaining 400 times as to why their guns seemed to be shooting low...).

Chrono is not about FPS. It is about joules of energy. But since we don't have expensive plates to shoot that will measure how hard something hits them, we use simple math to determine what FPS is acceptable based on the desired impact limit.

CQB/Indoor - All under 350 fps (1.13j)
Fully/Semi Automatics - 400 fps (1.5j)
Semi-Auto DMR (full auto disabled) - 475fps (2.1j)
Sniper Rifles (Bolt Action ONLY) - 550 FPS (2.8j)
*Limits Measured with .20g BB

Many games us 400fps (give or take) with a .20g bb as the gold standard for AEG measurements. The Joule (J) number allows us to calibrate for different weight bb's while still maintaining the standard. In the below table you can see how the max FPS drops with a heavier bb shooting at a constant joule, whereas the Joules increase with a heavier bb shooting a constant FPS.

This is why you CANNOT use a heavier BB to "beat chrono" as you are actually INCREASING the energy in that particular bb which would cause more damage.

CO2 pistols have the highest rate of being over the limits in chronos, and we've gotten very good at knowing how people try to beat the chrono (using a half full CO2 doesn't fool us people...).

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:29 pm

Science!

Thanks Jester
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Darius137 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:13 pm

can you beat the chrono with heavier weight in an HPA?
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Payback » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:51 am

Darius137 wrote:can you beat the chrono with heavier weight in an HPA?
You have to use a smaller tank with hpa to beat the chrono. Duh!!!
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby SuperViper » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:23 pm

Just so I make sure I am reading this correctly.

I was planning on using my Tippmann as a DMR, as was a fellow teammate. Semi locked, and no external regulator, but there is a locking pin on the gun that works as a tournament lock (was used at American Milsim and Summer Slaughter just fine).

So because it is HPA, there is no way to run it as a DMR? I am absolutely fine chronoing in joules (pretty standard at this point), and I'll even bring brand new .3's and we can do all the math. It sounds like AEG's can hit 2.1j, but I am going to be limited at 1.5j.

I know many guys don't like HPA for one reason or another. But a Tippmann isn't a Polarstar and I'm trying to take all the steps to play fair. Can we meet in the middle?
SuperViper
Recruit
Recruit

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:25 am

Call ThunderKissNW, ask for Charles
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:59 am

Hey AP! I'll be driving up from Salem for this event. Would anyone like to carpool?
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nark » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:28 pm

Cruz FoxHound wrote:Hey AP! I'll be driving up from Salem for this event. Would anyone like to carpool?

I've got a ride to the event but I could use a ride back to Portland as I have stuff to do Sat. evening and my ride is camping overnight.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Next

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games