[OP] cancelled - REPUBLICA GAMES 2016

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

cancelled - REPUBLICA GAMES 2016

Postby Matt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Republica Games is a new yearly event, starting it's first annual debut this June 10-12, 2016 in Warren, OR. Brand new field, brand new promoter. Some of you may know these guys from Pacific War Games, this is the same group who shot the TV series Combat Report and the movie Everyman's War. They've made it their ultimate goal to make this event as immersive as possible, and the special effects pyrotechnic team to make it happen. Although many of you have likely not heard of these folks, they're being advised by veterans of the hobby and members of the AP community.

They are making their vast set with forested land, structures and roads available for a massive yearly Airsoft and Paintball event. They're letting the Airsoft players have the field first, the weekend before paintballers will be out there, so you don't have to slog around in paint mess. Field photos will be made available soon.

Price is $75 for a 3 day event, camping is included for $10 extra (for the whole weekend). Find registration information and more details on their website. I'm posting this on their behalf, but Pacific War Games will have people registered here to answer questions if need be.

REGISTER HERE

Matt

Team: APST

Re: REPUBLICA GAMES 2016

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:13 pm

Matt, do you know if theirs age restrictions?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Matt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:25 pm

13+
Matt

Team: APST

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:51 pm

A couple other questions, that maybe being posted as I type.

Approximate AO size?
Vehicles?
Uniforms?
Player cap? (how many people can attend?)

And while I think a lower fps is great, I wonder how much trouble it'll cause people. Why not just stop at 350 like normal?

Thanks Dudes

*this NEEDS to be advertised nationally.

For the LOL's - I loved the guy who backlights his whole team, even more than the guy who gets shot cuz he doesn't know how to bilateral, lol.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jester316 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:32 am

Check out their website.

I was an extra in the trailer and got to get some inside information regarding this event. It's going to pretty damn good if they even get half of what they planned up and running. The AO is a one of a kind single use field. It's only going to be used for these 2 games (airsoft one weekend and paintball the next). After this event, the field will be gone. Lot's of props and effects.

One thing to keep in mind, is the guys hosting this are used to paintball. Airsoft is new to them. They have some great advisers helping them out, but it's going to be a little slow going to get the airsoft side set up. That being said, this should be an awesome event.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:24 am

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. And hope it all works out.

Thought that was you guys.
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Pacificwargames » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:13 am

Hello folks,
We have talked about running vehicles during the day scenario games but not during the "immersion" night game. There is already allot planned for that scenario and we don't want to throw vehicles into play.

Teams are designated by armbands not patterns. You can select what team you want when you pre-register. We have LED armbands for night play. Just got back from Dominion where they held their first night game and these bands were awesome.

Player caps at 500. If you can get a team of 10 or more to pre-reg, you get a group rate. Just email us at Info@pacificwargames.com

I really hope you guys are hungry for a CQC game with explosions and mortar fire.
Would love to see the airsoft world represent!!!
Pacificwargames
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby Nark » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:11 am

Pacificwargames wrote:Hello folks,
We have talked about running vehicles during the day scenario games but not during the "immersion" night game. There is already allot planned for that scenario and we don't want to throw vehicles into play.

Teams are designated by armbands not patterns. You can select what team you want when you pre-register. We have LED armbands for night play. Just got back from Dominion where they held their first night game and these bands were awesome.

Player caps at 500. If you can get a team of 10 or more to pre-reg, you get a group rate. Just email us at Info@pacificwargames.com

I really hope you guys are hungry for a CQC game with explosions and mortar fire.
Would love to see the airsoft world represent!!!

Can we please have a pattern distinction? I can already tell many will gripe about this. I am excited about this event, especially a one time use field but feel the lack of distinctive teams (camo wise) might lead to a lot of friendly fire and ruined times for everyone. Even the pattern vs. solid would be better. That just means if people want to get a specific side they have to jump fast.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Pacificwargames » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:39 am

We do realize that some if not most in the airsoft community have several different pattern options but armbands / colors are essential for last minute team changes.
Pacificwargames
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Payback » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:44 am

I'm very interested in this. I also prefer arm bands as i hate separation using uniforms as nobody wears the same uniform.

I'm also curious as to how there's been some major airsoft thing in columbia county 2 minutes from my office and i've never heard of it. Must be a good secret :)
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby McNair » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:43 pm

Payback wrote:I'm also curious as to how there's been some major airsoft thing in columbia county 2 minutes from my office and i've never heard of it. Must be a good secret :)

Right? My same thoughts when someone directed me to the page the other day and I saw it was "near St Helens".

No one ever tells us anything if its actually happening in Columbia County.
McNair

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:43 pm

Last minute switching? Why even pre-register?

So if You spend a bunch of time getting ready to work with teammates and plan and stuff, because numbers are wrong You can be moved to a different team?
Pretty sure if you have a uniform separation, like normal, we'll fill out your player cap.
Color armbands only work if you can see their arm.

Please, give us a uniform code, AND armbands.

And THANK YOU for not running vehicles at night, while there's 13yr olds on the field. They'll literally just walk right under the wheel. LOL

We do appreciate this opportunity, and we do want it to go smoothly. Friendly fire will ruin your day, and will be a reality with so many younger or inexperienced players.

Thanks
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Pacificwargames » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:37 pm

When you register you will be given a choice to be on the Red team or Blue. If 350 players choose Red and only 75 choose blue then we will find what teams, who shall remain together, want to switch to even out the field. An Armband is much easier to change then a full pattern.

We will make every effort to be certain you remain on the same team as your teammates and friends. It is true... You will have to positively identify your target before you stitch em' up.

During the Total Immersion Night Game, you will receive Two LED light bands., one for each arm. Players must have these turned on. when a player is hit, they press the light band function which causes the band to blink indicating a "hit player' There will be smoke, fire, battle sound, player activated effects. We are bringing our A game.

Hope to see you all there.
Pacificwargames
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Nark » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:57 am

I understand it's easier to switch armbands but MSW doesn't ever worry about being unequal sides or sides not filling up and I feel you're trying to pitch a game that's on par with them. Yes 350 v 75 is extreme and but probably not gonna happen especially if one side fills up pretty quick. Everyone can source a cheap set of OD/Woodland/Tri color to at least match a color scheme. I remember back in the day at sniperzden and R&R with armbands and it only worked well when out in the open. Sounds like these are LED so that might be better to tell from a distance but they're also gonna give you away if you're trying to do any sort of flanking or recon so tactics are flying out the window. If anything camo vs solid/civs or green vs tan with a variable force in civs that could change loyalties would work. Not trying to be a stick in the mud, but doing so quite well, just trying to make it a better time for everyone.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Pacificwargames » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:28 am

We want this to be an event you and your team talks about for a while. We want it to be fun and run smoothly. The use of camo patterns to designate teams is AWSOME If you fill player cap in pre-registration and are not expecting walk-on's on the day, who... don't know about the camo patterns.

If we fill the majority of our pre-reg... We will designate RED team "BROWN" (Multicam / desert patters) and Blue as team "GREEN" (Marpat, woodland, aor2 etc.) Then we will provide Green and Brown scarves for Pickup players/ walk-ons.

Get your teams onboard. If you can pre-reg 10 or more players, email us at Info@pacificwargames.com and get 10% off each player's registration.
Pacificwargames
Recruit
Recruit

Next

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games