[OP] cancelled - REPUBLICA GAMES 2016

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Re: REPUBLICA GAMES 2016

Postby Beran » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:45 am

I think this will be a different style of event than most people are expecting. It's not speedball, but it's not hardcore milsim either. Think like the games that go on in the background at the Summer Slaughter events, just on a larger scale. This wont be one game running all day, it will be more like a few hours at a time and then rotating groups between a wooded and a town field. There won't be a lot of need for extensive preplanning like the MSW events, this won't be that kind of game.

I've been working with PWG on this for a few months. They are new to airsoft events, but they want to put on a really awesome game and they have the resources to make for a really impressive experience. There will probably be some bumps in the road, since it's a new operation overall but if this first one goes well enough you can expect that there will be more in the future.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Postby Nark » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:53 am

Is full face protection going to be enforced on older players?

Also are we packing in food or is it going to supplied for Saturday?
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Beran » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:03 pm

Full face is mandatory as far as I know, it's an insurance thing because BBs are not the only thing that may be flying around with all the SFX that are planned. ANSI rated goggles and a shemaugh or balaclava are acceptable to the best of my knowledge.

Not entirely sure on food, I think there will be food carts or something available there but they will have to answer that one.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Postby Darius137 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:53 pm

So it's closer to Japanese airsoft, where they have rounds and you go in for a 30 minute round then go eat some sort of seaweed wrap and talk to your digital girlfriend.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Tankwitch » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:58 pm

Darius137 wrote:So it's closer to Japanese airsoft, where they have rounds and you go in for a 30 minute round then go eat some sort of seaweed wrap and talk to your digital girlfriend.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-03-16/interactive-rubbing-activated-hug-pillows-finally-get-release-date/.99866
I see you keep up with the news.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:14 pm

Mmmm.... Seaweed wrap, my favorite!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Magman » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:04 am

What's the address for the field???Can't seem to find it anywhere.......
Magman
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Beran » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:47 am

The address is not released yet, but will be well before the game. For now, use the town of Warren, OR to get a rough idea of the location.
Beran

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:51 am

This looks awesome 8)
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby RangerWarren » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:06 am

This doesn't seem like a very well thought out product for the PNW scene. Immersion + Armbands is a confusing combination.
RangerWarren
Grunt
Grunt

Team: RR

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:23 pm

Correct.

This is airsoft, it doesn't matter if one side has more people.

When (in real life) has their been a fair/even fight?

Doesn't bother Me, in fact, I like a target rich environment! :badgrin:

How about this idea. Ditch the armbands for now, if We can't meet Your cap by such and such date, then rock the bands.

*Again, this community fills up multi hundred player games, without armbands, just camo restrictions, on the regular.

*Also, please bring the fps up to 350, so that EVERYONE doesn't have to go have their guns swapped out. At the very least, You may lose customers. At most, you'll swamp the shops with spring changes, and they're busy enough as it is.

Thanks
Last edited by ClownBaby on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Reascr » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:09 pm

We consistently manage to pull quite a few players with just camos, and I'm honestly turned off attending this event because I absolutely hate armbands, especially since my glasses fog up and the most I can distinguish by is base color. Plus it's just plain annoying.

I would say remove the armbands from it for now, split the teams into the base colors, and if you have so few people attend that it's needed then do so.
Invest in rich people.-Cai, 2014
Reascr
Grunt
Grunt

Team: RTPS

Postby Phantom Fury Airsoft » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:39 pm

ClownBaby wrote:*Also, please bring the fps up to 350, so that EVERYONE doesn't have to go have their guns swapped out.

Unless it was very recently changed, I think you were looking at the Paintball fps requirements. This is what I just pulled from their site:

PAINTBALL SECTION
FIELD SPEED IS 285FPS.
All markers are to be chronographed and tagged by a PWG official before play. Players are subjected to random velocity checks at anytime by a PWG official.

AIRSOFT SECTION
FIELD SPEED IS 400FPS - - 550FPS for bolt guns provided secondary side arm carry for minimal engagement.
DMR's at 450FPS Semi-Auto only. All CQC is Semi-Auto. All Airsoft equipment is to be chronographed and tagged by a PWG official before play.
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome
Phantom Fury Airsoft
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Typhon » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:21 pm

This looks DOPE! I hope I can make it!
Motionless Operators Ventilate Easily...
Typhon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:22 pm

It was corrected, but I appreciate You paying attention, and making Me double check.
Good looking out PF, as usual. ;)

Thanks PF and the Hosts.

Still would like to know an approximate field size?
Would help in gear selection.

Thanks again
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games