[OP] OP: Badger July 29th-31st (Roy, WA)

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

OP: Badger July 29th-31st (Roy, WA)

Postby Numinak » Wed May 11, 2016 12:53 am

US Forces to conduct Search&Destroy operations in the Cu CHi region of south Vietnam.

Mission: A known North Vietnam Army (NVA) Battalion has been operating within this region. This has led to increased recruitment into the ranks of the Viet Cong (VC). US Infantry Regiment will advance into region in order to secure vital strategic areas and establish a Base of Operations. Once established, utilize US Army intel to conduct focused direct action operations.

This is a Vietnam era OP, so make sure what you wear is appropriate! There will be vehicles in play (river boats on the roads) and other surprises to keep things interesting! Come join us on 150 acres for the weekend and make this event memorable.

Visit our website to get more info: http://www.meetup.com/Fort-Lewis-McChor ... 228546665/

Redneck, P.R.A.T.
P.R.A.T. - Auburn WA
Numinak
Grunt
Grunt

Team: P.R.A.T.

Re: OP: Badger July 29th-31st (Roy, WA)

Postby Chainmail » Wed May 11, 2016 10:00 am

A Vietnam era airsoft game? Hell yea!! Count me in!! :D
Chainmail
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Numinak » Fri May 13, 2016 12:16 am

Metal4theking wrote:A Vietnam era airsoft game? Hell yea!! Count me in!! :D

Look forward to seeing you out there! The transports and 'towns' will even have appropriate music playing from them. It's gonna be awesome!
P.R.A.T. - Auburn WA
Numinak
Grunt
Grunt

Postby FishSlapRepublic » Sat May 14, 2016 7:42 pm

Sounds fun, I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to spend a bunch of money to put together a halfway decent looking reenactment uniform plus buying another airsoft gun. Then I realized the doing a Vietcong loadout is one of the most flexible reenactment you can do with simple clothes and a the Vietcong pretty much used any weapon they could get their hands on.

So if my scheduled allows I'll be there hopefully with my crew of 3-4. We will be on the Vietcong and I'll Wielding my MG42 or PPSH.
One mag one kill.
FishSlapRepublic
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Yeoman » Tue May 24, 2016 6:45 pm

I looked at the website, it said only 6 riflemen!? How big are you expecting this game to be? And me and my friend have WWI and WWII German gear, what team placement would we be?
"That's his hat, Mr. Krabs! Heeee waas nuuumber oooone!"
Yeoman
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Y-PART

Postby Numinak » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Wilhelm_Fraüsswehr wrote:I looked at the website, it said only 6 riflemen!? How big are you expecting this game to be? And me and my friend have WWI and WWII German gear, what team placement would we be?

Those rules are...out of date when it comes to the games. The original owners of the site have had those rules in places for ages when they were going for a much more 'mil-sim' feel set of games. But since we have taken over we've loosend the rules a bit from what you see(but are trying to get his permission to adjust the rules, even though they aren't adhered to much if at all)

Do not worry about how teams are setup, and the requirements for uniforms/gear is rather lose. We know people won't have exact equipment to match the era, so just do the best you can when it comes down to it. And I'm not sure if those uniforms would match either side.

If you plan on coming, just bring what you have, and we can work it out from there.
P.R.A.T. - Auburn WA
Numinak
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Numinak » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:36 pm

FishSlapRepublic wrote:Sounds fun, I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to spend a bunch of money to put together a halfway decent looking reenactment uniform plus buying another airsoft gun. Then I realized the doing a Vietcong loadout is one of the most flexible reenactment you can do with simple clothes and a the Vietcong pretty much used any weapon they could get their hands on.

So if my scheduled allows I'll be there hopefully with my crew of 3-4. We will be on the Vietcong and I'll Wielding my MG42 or PPSH.

That's the spirit! We aren't being too harsh on uniform/equipment restrictions, because we know not many have that kind of gear on hand. Just make it up as you go along and you'll be just fine.
P.R.A.T. - Auburn WA
Numinak
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Numinak » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:38 pm

Also for those that are interested! Since there are few to none airsoft venders in the PNW beyond the WA/OR border, we will have BB's of Various weights for sale at the game itself for very reasonable prices. We don't want anyone to run out because they didn't have access to a store!
P.R.A.T. - Auburn WA
Numinak
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games