[TRN] CQC BASICS CLASS

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Event Information (view in calendar)

Starts: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:00 pm
Ends: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 pm
Duration:0 Days, 5 Hours, 0 Minutes

Re: CQC BASICS CLASS

Postby Grounded » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:08 pm

THANK OAA!
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Team: N/A

Postby Nark » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:39 am

Rentax wrote:
Spooks wrote:Maybe this can be a monthly milsim thing

What did you have in mind Spooks?
I have been in talks with OAA about continuing to do training events out there. We have been talking about maybe a pistol training, rifleman training, CQC basics and intermediate classes. The trouble with continuing CQC classes is you will always be training to your lowest common denominator so if at each class you have new players it stunts the progression of everyone else while they play catch-up. Also with CQC a fair amount is dictated by SOP, and while I can set SOPs for my classes when you get put on a stack, or build a stack for an event, those units SOPs are the ones you must comply with to make things run smoothly.
All that said, I am interested in your thoughts on "Monthly Milsim thing" would you be interested in any other kind of trainings or was it specifically CQC you were looking for?

After the first few classes you can hand select a few individuals who are showing aptitude and have a signup sheet for an advanced class. Have your initial pick of players as well as yourself pay attention to those on the list and see how they work and if it's warranted to bring them into an advanced class.

You can make a baseline SOP with a general list of things that are required as well as some things like 'nades (if OAA will let us use them after hours)

etc.
5 Mags
Tourniquet/med pack
LBE/PC
sidearm

Having an advanced class, if it gets big enough, could lead to team vs team or teams vs. white cell opfor.

I'm not sure I can make this first one, have to get a new gearbox for my AK, have my gearbox looked at on my shorty M4 and get my wires fixed on my main M4, but I'm definitely interested in a monthly CQB training as well as any sort of advanced class that might show up.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby drpepper475 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:49 pm

I'll be there.
"you guys might be winning ,but I'm having more fun"
drpepper475

Postby Rentax » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:19 pm

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who made it out.
The Specdet Guys told me the training event went really well. How did the rest of you feel?
Post up your AARs with Sustain and Improve so we can make it better next time.
Thanks again
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Nark » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:16 am

Did anyone use a GoPro?
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby T. Bologna » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:27 am

this was a fun intro course. i went in with no real background or knowledge really at all. this went over a couple basics. signaling with your team, team formats for hallways, how to clear corners and enter rooms etc. running through the motions and applying what was shown in the class was a lot of fun. there is so much to learn and actually getting things right is a lot more difficult than it looks. I think having more time to set up the arena to a semi more realistic setting and physically run through the drills with the teams would be awesome. i would like to see more of these and advanced courses in the future. eventually working team VS. team would really be fun and challenging.
T. Bologna
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games