An update on the general rules of the game.

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Re: An update on the general rules of the game.

Postby Norseman » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:58 pm

I blame a lot of this on the influence of paintball. Airsoft is losing it’s re-enacting element. Paintball even woodsball is so loosey goosey it’s just guys chasing each other around the woods in real tree camo. Their objectives are flags or a pallet fort, not much forethought or planning..... It’s all about how fast your marker shoots or how fast you can dump your pod into your hopper. Overshooting is the norm in paintball, and most importantly the whole sport revolves around WINNING. It’s no different from Motorcross or the NBA.

I see this mindset more and more in Airsoft as well.

Airsoft was originally something different, it was about realism and reenactors. Guns were 1:1 replicas that functioned closely to their real steel counterpart for a REASON. People chose to model their teams after real military units, and strived to look and act like that unit. Event coordinators strived for balance with an OP, with no clear winner and everyone coming away friends with smiles on their faces.

It’s what drew me to the sport originally. It was different, it was a cut above.

I’m doing Cowboy Airsoft now because the rifles and pistols are virtually NON upgradeable. It’s cut and dried. No B.B. hoses here. Just good clean fun and plenty of realism.
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: SDD

Postby FishSlapRepublic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:19 am

We just need ROF rules plain and simple. My suggestion if people want a bb hose they need to give up fps. So figure out a rof limit that if people go over it they need to drop the FPS to something like 300 or 350 and under, then make a hard cap on much ROF any replica can shoot.

Now that aside one thing that urks me is this idea that P* guns hit harder, which make 0 sense for a single shot. If it leaves the barrel at X fps that's it. "but heavier bbs" yeah and AEG's can and do use heavy weight bbs joule creep is a real thing but it is not exclusive to P* guns.

My best guess for why people see to think they hit harder are one of 2 idea's and both include the ROF so ROF rules would fix it.

#1 The high ROF+high accuracy makes multiple bbs hit in the same area or even the same spot almost the same time hurting a lot more.

#2 The high ROF lets bbs follow in the low air pressure made by the bbs ahead of them, reducing drag those increasing persistent fps making them hit harder when they impact.

It also could be a combo of both but again good ROF rules would fix this and singling out P* guns alone would only push the people that like to abuse the high rof to invest in high end AEGs and with these new godlike mosfets, brushless motors ect they can get insane ROF without being weighted down by a tank, regulator and hose.
One mag one kill.
FishSlapRepublic
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Norseman » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:39 pm

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Ku2JOfTeUns[/youtube]
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: SDD

Postby Nark » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:53 pm

drpepper475 wrote:so i use a tippmann m4 which is an hpa gun. Does that make me a douchebag?

can you not make a generalization specifically about you? you know if you're a douchebag with an HPA gun.

Norseman wrote:I blame a lot of this on the influence of paintball. Airsoft is losing it’s re-enacting element. Paintball even woodsball is so loosey goosey it’s just guys chasing each other around the woods in real tree camo. Their objectives are flags or a pallet fort, not much forethought or planning..... It’s all about how fast your marker shoots or how fast you can dump your pod into your hopper. Overshooting is the norm in paintball, and most importantly the whole sport revolves around WINNING. It’s no different from Motorcross or the NBA.

I see this mindset more and more in Airsoft as well.

Airsoft was originally something different, it was about realism and reenactors. Guns were 1:1 replicas that functioned closely to their real steel counterpart for a REASON. People chose to model their teams after real military units, and strived to look and act like that unit. Event coordinators strived for balance with an OP, with no clear winner and everyone coming away friends with smiles on their faces.

It’s what drew me to the sport originally. It was different, it was a cut above.

I’m doing Cowboy Airsoft now because the rifles and pistols are virtually NON upgradeable. It’s cut and dried. No B.B. hoses here. Just good clean fun and plenty of realism.

this ^
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Previous

Return to Safety/Legality