shipping airsoft guns

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

shipping airsoft guns

Postby Nark » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:54 am

I don't know if this belongs here or in general discussion but I figured it might be legality concerned. I'm moving across the country and was wondering if anyone knew what I would have to do in order to ship my airsoft rifle. I read a couple posts and saw just have the orange tip was enough, but he wasn't sure about it and it wasn't verified by any other members. Can anyone tell me?!
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Atown » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:03 am

If you ship UPS, they dont' care either way. USPS is really touchy on it, so I just ship everything UPS and tell them its an airsoft gun and they dont ask any further questions or anything.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Atown
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nark » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:20 am

ok thanks man!
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby DJ » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:27 am

Yes, ship em UPS....list em as "toys, airsoft replicas" on the description blank on their invoice. I have shipped many that way with no problems, avoid the term gun
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby toddski » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:00 am

I just did this a couple weeks ago. I shipped my (4) guns and all my gear from Seattle to LA to attend Lions Claw.
Like others mentions, go with UPS. My box weighed around 60 pounds. With a $500 insurance it cost me $40 to ship the box down.
Box arrived in perfect shape.

I did make a mistake shipping the box back. I went with Fed Ex (its what the hotel uses) and it cost me $125 and the box was trashed.

I didnt mark the box any special way noting that the contents were toy guns. I only put my name and address on the box.
Todd

G&P SAM-R
JG M4
Classic Army MP5SD5.
http://www.1st-sword.com/
toddski
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CommieHunter » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:44 am

I've never had a problem with UPS. Always insure it, though.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Android » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:26 am

DJ wrote:Yes, ship em UPS....list em as "toys, airsoft replicas" on the description blank on their invoice. I have shipped many that way with no problems, avoid the term gun.

This.

IIRC UPS will x-ray packages & if the invoice clearly states what it is, they will let it go. One time the store got a package back due to UPS refusing to ship it; turns out the guy was trying to ship his Ruger .357.
:shock:
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Postby DJ » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:07 pm

Android wrote:
IIRC UPS will x-ray packages & if the invoice clearly states what it is, they will let it go. One time the store got a package back due to UPS refusing to ship it; turns out the guy was trying to ship his Ruger .357.
:shock:

Let me clarify this .....UPS will actually ship real firearms, they just want some special steps taken ( not a big deal) I actually asked the clerk what to call the pkg so as not to attract unwanted attention. Usually if you do so they will provide you an innocuous term so it will be OK.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby Cap n pickles » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Atown wrote:If you ship UPS, they dont' care either way. USPS is really touchy on it, so I just ship everything UPS and tell them its an airsoft gun and they dont ask any further questions or anything.

Ive mailed two Airsoft gun parts(Body, Barrels, and stocks. threw USPS, they thought they were real, and they didn't care at all.
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby TMiller » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:14 pm

Cap n pickles wrote:
Atown wrote:If you ship UPS, they dont' care either way. USPS is really touchy on it, so I just ship everything UPS and tell them its an airsoft gun and they dont ask any further questions or anything.

Ive mailed two Airsoft gun parts(Body, Barrels, and stocks. threw USPS, they thought they were real, and they didn't care at all.

Even if they knew they were real, they will ship them unless its the lower reciever/main-reciever, because those parts are the only parts that require an FFL transfer. The other parts can be shipped to your house.
TMiller
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GacktC » Sun May 09, 2010 4:26 am

I've been shipping out all my AEGs for upgrade or sell by USPS, they never asked me what's inside the box, only like,"any liquid, fragile or need insurance?".
I guess I always ship out my AEGs at Chinatown, and they never think of an asian guy like me will play with gun shape objects.
USPS is more expensive than UPS tho, from Seattle to Spokane costs $16(8 LBS) & takes 2 days. UPS costs less than $10 will arrived the following day.
GacktC

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Cap n pickles » Sun May 09, 2010 11:05 am

TMiller wrote:
Cap n pickles wrote:

Even if they knew they were real, they will ship them unless its the lower reciever/main-reciever, because those parts are the only parts that require an FFL transfer. The other parts can be shipped to your house.

Lower and upper recievers were sent out, no problems. as mentioned they thought they were real.

Either way, you should go thru UPS.
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Re: shipping airsoft guns

Postby airsoftzealous117 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:37 pm

hey guy i got some guns from airsoftgi and ups are shipping them to bridgeport to you think ups will care if it report it to the BPD
airsoftzealous117
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Heretic » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:46 pm

airsoftzealous117 wrote:hey guy i got some guns from airsoftgi and ups are shipping them to bridgeport to you think ups will care if it report it to the BPD

Goddamn necro yo..

and..

Wat?
Heretic
Specops
Specops

Postby Grounded » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:02 pm

why would you report it?
Grounded
Administrator