[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Another reminder . . . Be responsible - Page 2 - Safety/Legality

Another reminder . . . Be responsible

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby Hallowground » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:50 pm

Last edited by Hallowground on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hallowground
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby chapped » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:50 pm

There is no justice.
There's just us.
chapped
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ogrejager » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:07 am

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Mr. Technicality » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:47 am

Mr. Technicality
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Vidar » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:10 am

Vidar
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby Solid » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:09 am

Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby Rogue Reaper » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:25 am

We tried the Mentoring route a few years ago. Try to find responsible teens and "learn 'em" Went over like a fart in church.

I am proud of one of the three. The one that participated. as for the other 2. Meh. Only one was arrested for shooting an AEG at cars on the freeway.

And on another note.

I was in Ohio, Just north of Columbus pulled over at a restaurant on the side of I-36. Now for those of you not familiar thats like Canyon road in beaverton near 217. When I took these photos. I had 4 options. Take pictures and mind my own business. Call the police. Go phony pony slap the parents and break the gun in half. step out of the RV and yell " GUN! GUN! GUN!" and cleanse the gene pool.

If your this person, this persons parents or know who these people are by there plate # and you would like me to remove these photos from the internet, Get a lawyer, your now my example of idiot parents and kids with regards to airsoft replicas.
I Like My Motorcycles Loud And My Firearms Quiet. ~ Me
Rogue Reaper

Postby Matt » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:14 am

The parents are as much to blame as the kids. You would think it's common sense that you don't buy your 14-15 year old a fully automatic full metal scale replica of an actual gun and turn them loose in the suburbs with it. But obviously they need to be educated about this. Kids need to be supervised and they need to be taught how to safely and appropriately use Airsoft replicas. There should be a big fat warning sheet in every Airsoft gun box that explains local laws, city ordinances against firing these, and advice on where the appropriate places to play Airsoft are located. Hell, take it one step further and require adults to read it and sign it before they can even purchase an AEG for a minor.

And you kids complaining about the adults giving you a hard time, GET OVER IT. Life is not fair. You grow up, you get old, you earn respect. Don't expect everyone to bend over backwards, the world does not revolve around you. People have opinions, people judge you on your spelling and your ability to communicate - that's just life. If you can't learn that, you're going to have a very hard time here and everywhere else. Don't talk about it like it's a problem with AP, this exists EVERYWHERE in life. We're just not pulling any punches.

And besides, we're not even singling you out. The media is. If an adult armed with an Airsoft replica in public is shot by police - he's a dumb a$$ who made a mistake. If a minor is in the same position - it's a tragic accident. Get it? You aren't legally responsible for yourself until you are 18.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Hallowground » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:45 am

In all reality, I'd love it if they handed out plain terms english law warnings with every airsoft gun purchase. I'd pay an extra five bucks for that instead of having to go on what usually amounts to hear-say or having to wade through actual laws written in the way laws are normally written.
Hallowground
Soldier
Soldier

Postby lilwil » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:51 am

lilwil
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Matt » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:00 am

Matt

Team: APST

Postby Vamp » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:10 pm

So many things to say and so little time to say them in.

Unfortunatly kids like the one in the article and the one in the photo are soley to blame for vilifying the sport of airsoft. However I do agree with blitzkrieg in principle. I don't believe that they should make this sport any more expensive due to the fact it would cut down on turnout rates and eventually kill the sport as a whole. I also believe that teenagers who show common sense and a maturity level should be respected in the airsoft community. So even though I don't know you blitzkrieg kudos for standing up for yourself and othe SENSIBLE teenagers, and I am more than happy to follow G-Runner anytime. Although I do agree that we should try and get somesort of good press going. Regardless the duechebags that would try and protest if we had more privatly owned fields this would be a problem since it would be private property. Two words Illegal Trespassing. To any of you out there who organize events or own fields I would like to ask that you make an attempt to get some press for the occasion. As far as how the police react to airsoft weapons they responeded to the situation correctly. They have to assume that anything that looks like a weapon is a real weapon until proven otherwise.
Vamp
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Blitzkreig » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:48 pm

So long as there are men, there will be wars.
-Albert Einstein
Blitzkreig
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Juicemachine » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:31 pm

2009's Most Improved Player
Author of the
Juicemachine

Team: {FAG}

Postby Hallowground » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Hallowground