Flying with airsoft guns

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby Catch22 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:23 am

weasle8877 wrote:I know how to fly firearms, I just needed to know if airsoft guns needed to be flown the same way. I now know they do, so the thread is done.

This is AP! We say when threads are done!
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby CADPAT » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:57 am

The only other thing you need to worry about is stopping at a Canadian airport. If the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) finds it, You are upsidedown beyond all compare you would be detained for attempting to bring a firearm into Canada. All so do not ship it because if it enters Canada (witch if you ship it by UPS or FedEx it most likely will) the CBSA will seize/confiscate it and it will be destroyed by the crown (In the name of her majesty Queen Elizabeth II) Aka the CBSA. So I say to you, Fly with you gun take a nonstop flight!
Last edited by CADPAT on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
CADPAT
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Blender » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:06 pm

All u have to do is check it in a normal bag un loaded safety on and no batterie in it and orange tip
Blender
Soldier
Soldier

Team: C.A.T

Postby Mini-Marine » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Necropost.

You are an idiot.

Don't post when you don't know what the shazaam you are talking about.

Learn to use bleeding spellcheck.
When brute force doesn't solve your problems, you aren't using enough
Mini-Marine

Postby Pacman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:57 pm

airsoft101 wrote:All u have to do is check it in a normal bag un loaded safety on and no batterie in it and orange tip
Seriously, you need to learn how to write proper English and people will give you more credibility. Using text speak is retarded outside of your cell phone. Stick to things you know and stay out of the safety/legality forum until you know more about life in general.
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby CommieHunter » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Pacman wrote:
airsoft101 wrote:All u have to do is check it in a normal bag un loaded safety on and no batterie in it and orange tip
Seriously, you need to learn how to write proper English and people will give you more credibility. Using text speak is retarded outside of your cell phone. Stick to things you know and stay out of the safety/legality forum until you know more about life in general.

While you're right about the grammar issue, he's correct about checking them in.

I've flown multiple times with airsoft guns, pistols and AEGs. You can actually fly with no orange tip. I usually declare it as an airsoft gun, and then they tell me I don't have to, but I do it anyway. Last time I took an AEG I waited until after they'd run it through the scanner and swabbed it, and then I locked it up again.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Blender » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:23 am

Ok sorry
When I traveled to ASGI I bought a GBB
My mom works for UAL and all we had to do is put in your checked luggage and no BBs in it.
What do you fight for?
I don't hate Mossy, I just hate the fact he has more gear than me.
Blender
Soldier
Soldier

Team: C.A.T

Postby Darius137 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:29 pm

I once accidentally left a gas pistol mag in my carry on and didn't notice until I arrived in Hawaii.

TSA sucks. They're only there to look at my hot dog in a space machine.

I am surprised, too, since my carry on is my TT 3-day assault pack, which I use for Army stuff and I'm pretty sure it's covered with gunpowder and explosives residue. I guess as long as I keep clean shaven on flights I won't look ethnic enough to search.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Steve » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:18 pm

Wait! Are you suggesting that because hijackers and suicide bombers are typically male hajjis between 18-35 that the TSA only really pays attention t o them? That would be profiling, and profiling is wrong!
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby Darius137 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:19 pm

Steve wrote:Wait! Are you suggesting that because hijackers and suicide bombers are typically male hajjis between 18-35 that the TSA only really pays attention t o them? That would be profiling, and profiling is wrong!

Typical military veteran to wear a tinfoil hat and blame the government for world domination.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Archangel 06 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:57 pm

Steve wrote:Wait! Are you suggesting that because hijackers and suicide bombers are typically male hajjis between 18-35 that the TSA only really pays attention t o them? That would be profiling, and profiling is wrong!

Haha and yet, look how safe El Al Airlines from Israel is. Their methods may not be the most politically correct, but they sure get the job done.
Nasty wrote:TM preforms so well because all TM's have little fairies living in the hopups and gearboxes that give awesome accuracy, but as soon as you take them apart and modify them, the fairies fly away.

It is common knowledge.
Archangel 06
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Archangel 06 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:53 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Al#Security

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-01-11/opin ... PM:OPINION

http://www.usatoday.com/news/sept11/200 ... l-usat.htm

Just a couple of articles from fairly refutable sources. Again, they never say they're gonna be polite about security, but you know that if you fly with them, you're truly safe.
Nasty wrote:TM preforms so well because all TM's have little fairies living in the hopups and gearboxes that give awesome accuracy, but as soon as you take them apart and modify them, the fairies fly away.

It is common knowledge.
Archangel 06
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Switchback » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:56 am

I might be sort of late to this, but I have flown numerous times with replicas. Just declare it like a real firearm, but let them know it is a replica. Then just pack it nicely...

Simple.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Aeacus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm

It is extremely easy to fly with firearms, you declare it. And once everything is done and the tags are filled out you can put it inside one of your checked bags depending on the airline. Very hassle free, but then again I was checking in sea bags. :P
Aeacus
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Flying with airsoft guns

Postby dovaslayer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:51 am

how old do you have to be to fly with an airsoft gun
dovaslayer
Recruit
Recruit

Previous