Face Masks

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Face Masks

Postby Wisenheimer » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:48 am

Something happened recently that compelled me to post this.

Just because someone is wearing a face mask does NOT mean you should shoot them there, nor does it make it ok to do so. It's one thing if someone pokes their face out and that's all you can see. It's completely another thing when you have the drop on them with a full body view and you aim for their face.

Center mass, people.

The same day as the face shooting occurred, I heard some kid repeatedly call out, "Shoot him in the face!" at a certain log fort during a misunderstanding about grenade rules and shooting over the wall or through the slits. I only mention that so the kid will know it's him when he reads this. I wish I had thought of this at the time, but next time I hear that I'm going to call an admin and have them explain some things to you. Stupidity breeds stupidity, and that is one thing we have enough of without you having to instigate more, thank you very much.

Even if your joking.... not funny. Grow up.
Wisenheimer
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby ZombieMan » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:04 pm

I have noticed the same thing. It is generally kids that want the be "super L33T special forces from call of duty." It's why I am impressed with every team out there that does public training.
ZombieMan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby code789 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:35 pm

some people even try to hit the face even without the face mask. adolescents usually don't sense the dangers so it would be wise to remind them over and over again till they get it.
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Matt » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:42 pm

In many cases this can also be an accident. Some AEGs have janky hopup, you aim for center mass but sometimes a BB will travel up. Some of them are so horribly inaccurate you don't even know where the BBs will go.

Basically, when you play this game, expect to get shot everywhere. It happens. Should they aim for your face? But intentional face shots happen all the time.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Shadowsta13 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Some AEGs have janky hopup

That is one part of it. Many kids I have met at local games around my town don't even know how to adjust a hop up unit correctly and possiblly don't even know what it is.
Top mattress, Left cargo pocket. Ready... Move!
Shadowsta13
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SCST

Postby Hamster » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:16 am

They just want red tiger for their guns, but they cant find boosting buddies. But I agree, face masks aren't indestructible.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Unconventional » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:24 am

Matt wrote:In many cases this can also be an accident. Some AEGs have janky hopup, you aim for center mass but sometimes a BB will travel up. Some of them are so horribly inaccurate you don't even know where the BBs will go.

Basically, when you play this game, expect to get shot everywhere. It happens. Should they aim for your face? But intentional face shots happen all the time.

+1 for sure...it's why I always have my son and I double-check our hop-ups prior to entering the field at each event. I just wish the younger ones would catch on and/or be required at ALL meets, to go through their gear and air-soft guns to make sure they are functioning properly.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby MJKramer » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:25 pm

Shadowsta13 wrote:
Some AEGs have janky hopup

That is one part of it. Many kids I have met at local games around my town don't even know how to adjust a hop up unit correctly and possiblly don't even know what it is.

I had a kid who was pretending to be a pro tell me that a hopup was "upside down" in a gun once because the BB's were taking a sharp curve down on a store gun so long ago.

and at White Jindo, there were some guys who were only being hit in the face or head. one guy in particular got hit in the same exact spot many many times through the day.
and since in some places there is favoritism about who can shoot a hot gun and who cant, you have people shooting 420fps guns from 30-60 feet away and have no idea that they will hurt someone. then they aim for the head because "headshots make you cooler, like in Call of Duty!"
Remember, diversity makes America wonderful, so our opinions don't have to match!
MJKramer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby The Giggler » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:41 pm

I think all the kids now a days who join the military at 18 will go to boot with decked out personal camo and Throwing knives/tomahawks, and then they want to be "Teh 133T SN1P3RZ WH0 PWN3S TEM N00B A$$ES"
I personally when I see slash hear that I safety kill the little jerk for everyone else's safety, and I tell him that if he doesn't quit it I'll show him how it feels
Haloeclipse wrote:Seriously, a music vid of swat or soldiers set to "Its raining men" would be deliciously awesome.
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Safety/Legality