SB798 Live Hearing Feed

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

SB798 Live Hearing Feed

Postby Riddick » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:06 am

If you want to listen to todays hearing on SB798 (which is happening at this moment) click on room 126

http://senate.ca.gov/listentorooms
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Team: N/A

Postby MitchD » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:36 am

I love how they can't even seem to follow procedure.

So was that final vote 3 against and 3 for? That was on a vote on passing the bill as it stands now.
MitchD
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ZombieMan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:39 am

That hearing was a giant loss. Who is organizing airsofters in California?
ZombieMan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby igda6 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:20 pm

No, it was 3 for 2 against with 2 undecided. Call Jerry Hill: 916-319-2019
and Holly Mitchell: 916-319-2047 the two undecided votes.
igda6
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ZombieMan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:53 pm

This is coming from a political scientist. This is just on step in the process. No matter what the vote in committee is this will keep going. Listening to the arguments it looks like this is going to end badly unless there is organization in California. I work with the guys on the other side on other issues and they are really good.
ZombieMan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bircher » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:37 pm

couldnt this be considerd right to bare arms? because some states classify an airsoft gun as a firearm, so in a way wouldnt this law be unconstitutional?
Bircher
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ZombieMan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Add Water wrote:couldnt this be considerd right to bare arms? because some states classify an airsoft gun as a firearm, so in a way wouldnt this law be unconstitutional?

No.
ZombieMan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Unconventional » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:49 pm

ZombieMan wrote:This is coming from a political scientist. This is just on step in the process. No matter what the vote in committee is this will keep going. Listening to the arguments it looks like this is going to end badly unless there is organization in California. I work with the guys on the other side on other issues and they are really good.

Agree very much so...and I'm cringing every time I see our (our as in my California air-soft reps) try to tackle this issue. While it is true that things could be represented better, what else can you do when the type of people who are representing a hobby like air-soft with THEIR OWN LOGIC, is the majority of the "upper echelon" of your states air-soft community. The problem we have down here is that many or none of these guys who have been involved with the air-soft business and events..etc understand anything about how to speak or represent air-softing..etc to the political figures. On top of that, political figures don't have a clue, most of the time, as to what air-softing entails and how much of it is a positive thing for families to share with each other...like father and son bonding for example.

To be honest with you..I really don't even think I would be able to do a better job at it...even if I thought I could represent well. Our state is a media-run state where people believe almost everything they hear over their TV..so when they see a shooting incident, they automatically think that ALL guns are bad and they need to be taken off of the street and outlawed.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ZombieMan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:13 pm

I recently offered to assist free of charge, other than expenses of course. I know how to run something like this. Of course so does the other side and they have some good guys working on the project. Many of the opposition are friends of mine and I want to beat them.
ZombieMan
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Safety/Legality