M4 bayonet

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

M4 bayonet

Postby The Giggler » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:55 pm

http://airsoft-club.com/shop/external-u ... ith-sheath

Will this pass the AP safety rules?
Haloeclipse wrote:Seriously, a music vid of swat or soldiers set to "Its raining men" would be deliciously awesome.
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Catch22 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:16 pm

RUBBER KNIFE KILLS
Players are allowed to "tap out" other players with rubber or plastic knives made for safe Airsoft use. Touch your opponent with your rubber knife and simply tell them that they're dead. Contact should be no more than a tap; there's absolutely no slashing, throwing, hitting or martial arts physical contact allowed. Contact must be made with a rubber or plastic replica of a knife, sticks and other objects do not work. DO NOT tap another player in the head, neck, face or groin. Players eliminated by this method should try and acknowledge their hit/death silently.

If it's "made for safe airsoft use" you should be able to.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby The Giggler » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:24 pm

I was just wondering because I had only seen rubber knives mentioned
Haloeclipse wrote:Seriously, a music vid of swat or soldiers set to "Its raining men" would be deliciously awesome.
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DJ » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:39 pm

I have one. Pretty flexible. Save the freight from HK , AEX in CA/ USA has em too

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/ind ... ts_id=4883
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby The Giggler » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:01 pm

DJ wrote:I have one. Pretty flexible. Save the freight from HK , AEX in CA/ USA has em too

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/ind ... ts_id=4883

that's a beauty DJ.
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MJKramer » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 pm

its safe, so long as you don't make swiping stabbing thrusting motions with it, like any rubber training item. I had one, but since I had nothing to attach it to I gave it to someone who then it got stolen from.
Remember, diversity makes America wonderful, so our opinions don't have to match!
MJKramer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Miracle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:00 am

MJKramer wrote:its safe, so long as you don't make swiping stabbing thrusting motions with it, like any rubber training item. I had one, but since I had nothing to attach it to I gave it to someone who then it got stolen from.

Flimsy replica M9's are not training aids, they are crappy, floppy rubber knives that you could find at any county fair or carnival.

The actual application of training knives is to make the "swiping stabbing thrusting" motions and contact minus the actual lethality of a blade. Actual training knives (like cold steel) are not made for airsoft safety kills, they are made for a training aid in silat, doce pares, cqc, and other types of practical knife fighting. And they are made for sparring or sensitivty development. Lipstick on a rubber blade is still the preferred method of sparring at all legitimate knife fighting schools.

So no, not like any rubber training item. Excluding those motions defeats the purpose of "any rubber training item". However, specifically for airsoft purposes, you wont make contact. A tap on the shoulder will suffice, no rubber contact is needed and many times not permitted. Why even spend the money on a rubber knife? safety kills do not require one. The plastic knife will come out of its plastic sheath as often as a real M9 would come out of its sheath at an airsoft event. Never.
Miracle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby VogonFord » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:25 am

I have one of the rubber ones, and they're perfect for airsoft. They're soft, and tapping someone one the shoulder won't give them the impression that you're actually trying to hurt them. I highly suggest them. I got it for my M16 and love it.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby Miracle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:49 am

You could just tap them on the shoulder without the floppy replica. Its the same thing and it doesnt cost and extra $15 bucks.

Ive been knife-killed at events before, and it always just gives me the same feeling that I'm watching a yotube video on boffing or larping... You could also tap me on the shoulder with a wizard's staff and say "lightning bolt" it amounts to the same thing.
Miracle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MJKramer » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:59 am

I like having a knife in my rig. does that sound like a good enough excuse?

your M9 Bayonet replica will give you some style. that part won't go away. it will fit on certain models for picture taking. other than that, don't worry too hard.ImageI have this really nice thing right here,
and I eventually intend to get
for cultural purposes

Imagefor when I need to go insane (in a pair)

and eventually
for multiple purposes: roleplay, tool measuring contests, and reinacting my favorite scene from MoH-T1 (Bagram Airport, Seal enters doorway, tango jumps from corner with knife, gets his arm crushed by Seal's superior skills, is thrown to ground and then has his head chopped open by a tomahawk).

even if they don't serve a practical purpose, who cares? these things are fun to have.
this model here actually has a visual advantage! and since I got yelled at by a teen for something less than this, I'd assume anyone but limpy would think that for a good "impression" that this would be important.
Limpy on his period wrote: Don't need a rubber knife, I'm pretty sure most people won't like you knifing them.
I on the other hand will shake your hand and congradulate you for having the skill to get close enough.
Remember, diversity makes America wonderful, so our opinions don't have to match!
MJKramer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DJ » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby MJKramer » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:13 pm

that would be better... but some people would whine and cry about the pointy tip.
MJKramer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby The Giggler » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Kramer you always make me laugh
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Safety/Legality