Minors & Airsofting.

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby Pancake » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:37 am

It's funny how this is turning into a bunch of "adults" throwing around the term nerd. Last time I heard that term used offensively like that was in middle school.

Anyways, to stay on topic about the age and maturity issue: People are f***ing stupid.
Pancake
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby ParoJo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:49 am

Wonderbread wrote:It's funny how this is turning into a bunch of "adults" throwing around the term nerd. Last time I heard that term used offensively like that was in middle school.

Anyways, to stay on topic about the age and maturity issue: People are f***ing stupid.

Agreed. Its completley understandable that people who airsoft and are 18+ would want to make them illegal for minors. As a comprimise to all this I believe that every minor who owns an airsoft gun should be required to take a gun safety course within a month of their gun purchase.
ParoJo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby thejerk211 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Wonderbread wrote:It's funny how this is turning into a bunch of "adults" throwing around the term nerd. Last time I heard that term used offensively like that was in middle school.

your stupid!
thejerk211
Soldier
Soldier

Team: W1

Postby Transition » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:06 pm

so that was 3 years ago? man your old!

free post count +3
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Matt » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Stupid minors have stupid parents too. That's why you see 12 year old kids playing Airsoft in the suburbs with no eye protection. If I did something like that, my dad would have kicked my a$$ and taken those guns away. The problem with minors and Airsoft in the US - is that we have an abundance of REAL firearms that Airsoft guns replicate.

In other countries where most folks cannot own guns, it's fine to classify airsoft guns as "toys" because only the military or police can even have the real thing. They're only classified as toys to get cheaper rates on import anyway. So it's lost in translation, it's a culture difference. China says they are toys, Japan says they are toys - so your average dumber than a brick American parent thinks they are toys. Despite the fact you could hold up a bank with one of these or permanently damage your vision.

The problem has nothing to do with age and everything to do with a total lack of correct classification of what Airsoft is. Most retailers are too busy counting money to care. Stupid moms and dads have wallets. I actually think that being required to be part of a club or organization to own an Airsoft gun is a good idea - we need that type of regulation in the United States to survive as a hobby, otherwise we are just pumping out 100s and 1000s of realistic replica firearms and giving them to children. Having to be 18 to buy them doesn't solve anything, because the parents are buying them and then failing to supervise their kids. Some sort of regulation beyond that takes it to the next level, and may be the only thing that keeps Airsoft legal in the long run.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby DJ » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:14 pm

jwip95 wrote:

Agreed. Its completley understandable that people who airsoft and are 18+ would want to make them illegal for minors. As a comprimise to all this I believe that every minor who owns an airsoft gun should be required to take a gun safety course within a month of their gun purchase.

I have been teaching gun safety courses since the 80's. At least 3 of my graduates have been arrested /prosecuted by me personally for gun crimes. Gun safety courses do no good if the person lacks judgement. I have nearly shot several people who lacked judgement who brandished AS pistols in an inappropriate setting. To all of you, stop this stupid BS, age is a number, I know plenty of people under 18 with excellent judgement and I have no problem with them possessing/ using AS or RS guns. I also know plenty of "adults" who are seriously lacking judgement ( the jail is full of em). The people I will play/shoot/hunt with are the people who display judgement and discretion. The people who don't well...
Talk is cheap.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby thejerk211 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:18 pm

Nasty wrote:

Yeah, pretty pathetic.

But hey, Jerk is providing an excellent example of legal adults that don't act like adults, but act like little kids instead, just like Snowman said. Honestly at this point I would rather have Icepick at a game than Jerk, since Jerk seems like the type of person who would be a really shitty player.

your so right i am the worst type of airsofter the type that no team should ever want i have no skill at all and my springer mp5 needs work any way maybe I'll quit playing because you hurt my feelings by the i could give two shits what you think you mom like the way i throw down and yeah that's why I'm called jerk because i never grew up so shut the f up dill weed is that an old term to that you have not used in like three years take you key board cord and hang you self ( i know there is no punctuation in this don't care thought i would give the gramer queeeen sommmee ammmooo NERD!
thejerk211
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Pancake » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:18 pm

Transition wrote:

so that was 3 years ago? man your old!

free post count +3

That's not my point, Nasty explained it nicely:

Nasty wrote:But hey, Jerk is providing an excellent example of legal adults that don't act like adults, but act like little kids instead, just like Snowman said. Honestly at this point I would rather have Icepick at a game than Jerk, since Jerk seems like the type of person who would be a really shitty player.

I implied "he was acting like a middle school kid."
Pancake
Soldier
Soldier

Postby thejerk211 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:19 pm

Nasty wrote:

Yeah, pretty pathetic.

But hey, Jerk is providing an excellent example of legal adults that don't act like adults, but act like little kids instead, just like Snowman said. Honestly at this point I would rather have Icepick at a game than Jerk, since Jerk seems like the type of person who would be a really shitty player.

Anyhow, nominate for lock, because this thread is getting ridiculous.

:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock:
to be honest i don't care if you are there I just hate you for being you not for being a kid or teen I hate most of the adults there too I have played for six years and almost know one knows who i am that's because i hate most airsofters if i talk to you it means i your ok in my book other wise you can all f off that's why i like shooting at you nerds
thejerk211
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ParoJo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Who saw this thread go to shit before it happened ;)
ParoJo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Matt » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:23 pm

No, they call you the jerk because you type in really long run-on sentences with no punctuation. Makes it hard to read, jerk.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby JohnnyBoii » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:25 pm

I heard everyone's opinions, it's just getting repetitive now. I vote for a lock too!
:lock: :lock: :lock:
JohnnyBoii
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ParoJo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Jerk, if youre anti-social this isnt the sport for you. Simple as that.
ParoJo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby thejerk211 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Matt wrote:No, they call you the jerk because you type in really long run-on sentences with no punctuation. Makes it hard to read, jerk.

yep. lol! done here sorry was i was board.
thejerk211
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ParoJo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Ok. Its time. :lock:
ParoJo
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Safety/Legality