Mt. Hood

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Well like I said, just a thought. As much as I'd really like this to go through, I really don't see it anymore. Unless somebody has suggestions. Besides the issue of getting there, I'm not even worried about guns or uniforms, as long as the uniform looks pretty good, I don't personally care. Thats how we used to do it before my friends and I got jobs and could buy professional uniforms...
hushpuppy
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Icepick » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Variable wrote:
Icepick wrote:Oh yeah, with all of the old school Tokyo Maruis right?

Yes actually.

Sweet! History is always cool, especially when it's airsoft related.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Matt wrote:That's all well and good in your back yard, but people have to drive to these events, that can create a logistics problem. If everyone were a great snow driver, it wouldn't be a problem - but somebody always gets stuck or runs into something.

Well the way we did it was the defending side would get to the field a few hours before the rest of us. With 7 people on average, we could get a main fort set up and a few barricades. If more people were to show up to this, then you can get maybe a few forts and some trenches going.
hushpuppy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ogrejager » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:04 pm

hushpuppy wrote:
Matt wrote:That's all well and good in your back yard, but people have to drive to these events, that can create a logistics problem. If everyone were a great snow driver, it wouldn't be a problem - but somebody always gets stuck or runs into something.

Well the way we did it was the defending side would get to the field a few hours before the rest of us. With 7 people on average, we could get a main fort set up and a few barricades. If more people were to show up to this, then you can get maybe a few forts and some trenches going.

Wow. Now I'm confused. What does this have to with driving and getting stuck?

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby STRIK3 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:17 am

Russkie wrote:A WWII Eastern Front airsoft game, especially one in the snow, is just not going to happen here. There is not enough interest in this area.

As for making an AP calender winter mountain airsoft event, I think it's pointless. Most people don't have the equipment or experience to attend such an event. Plus, the flake out rate would be insane. It's better just to have an invitational event with a small amount of people for this sort of thing.

Only way you could make it realistic is with proper kit restrictions. Germans can't bring warm clothes and Russians cant bring food. ;)
ISAF-C, The 144, Rushing Russians OR/Willamette Valley KВДВ

http://www.facebook.com/ExecutiveRiskControlServices
STRIK3
Ranger
Ranger

Team: RR KBAB

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:42 pm

So is this event even possible? Or does WWII airsoft sound like a waste of time to people? respectively asking.
hushpuppy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Osprey » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:15 pm

Not all WWII battles were in the snow. I personally like the WWII era, but the load outs are to expensive.
A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
- Ernest Hemingway
Osprey
Ranger
Ranger

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Thats what I thought at first too, but if you put a little bit of each paycheck away for saving up for one, you'd be surprised how fast you save up $400 or so.
hushpuppy
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Safety/Legality