NJ S810

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby Osprey » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Transition wrote:so you dont vote? and hence the issue in this country
Not for dumba**'s.

I do vote for measures and such. If there are candidate running for President or Governor, ETC I'll vote, but only if I like there policy, and there plans on how to run this country. But what Icepick described why would any one vote for a person that cant tell a airsoft gun and a 'firearm' apart.
A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
- Ernest Hemingway
Osprey
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Osprey » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Pestilence wrote:It fires a god damn plastic sphere do i really need a permit for that?!
Are potato guns a firearm they shoot vegetables.
- Ernest Hemingway
Osprey
Ranger
Ranger

Postby McNair » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:49 pm

I think they may be illegal, either way.
McNair

Postby Osprey » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:58 pm

I can imagine going to jail for one these bad boys in my pocket.
Last edited by Osprey on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Ernest Hemingway
Osprey
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Ricochet » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Evil Zergling137 wrote:
Evil Zergling137 wrote:Paintball guns are toys too. Looking like a real weapon from a distance doesn't make it any less a toy.

Look at paintball, and its been around forever, but somehow managed not to convince itself to get itself controlled by the government.

I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone in LE that would mistake paintball guns as a real firearms. So yes, looking like a real firearm from a distance by a sworn LE official does make it less of a toy. It is a threat to their safety and those they are sworn to protect.

I imagine now that paintball gear is trying harder to mimic real steel then they too will start to have some of the same issue with respect to public safety and confrontations with LE. So nip it in the bud so to speak and instead of letting the gov't dictate to the community the community should get involved and propose it's own regulation that can limit and educate the general public at the same time in a manner that is acceptable to all.
Nothing like taking a walk in the woods....and getting shot at.
www.phantomfuryairsoft.com
Ricochet
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Icepick » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:01 pm

mcnair wrote:I think they may be illegal, either way.

You know, they actually ARE illegal. South Dakota passed a bill that all potato guns in the United States were to be ceased and destroyed. That was back in 2007, I think the reason they got banned was because you could "conceal" it and shoot people's eyes out with potato bits.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby McNair » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Ricochet wrote:
Evil Zergling137 wrote:
Evil Zergling137 wrote:Paintball guns are toys too. Looking like a real weapon from a distance doesn't make it any less a toy.

Look at paintball, and its been around forever, but somehow managed not to convince itself to get itself controlled by the government.

I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone in LE that would mistake paintball guns as a real firearms. So yes, looking like a real firearm from a distance by a sworn LE official does make it less of a toy. It is a threat to their safety and those they are sworn to protect.

To play devil's advocate, they've been known to shoot people believe a wallet was a gun....
McNair

Postby Evil Zergling137 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:09 pm

mcnair wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Evil Zergling137 wrote:

To play devil's advocate, they've been known to shoot people believe a wallet was a gun....

And every paintball shop always has a gun on the wall that looks like an M4
Evil Zergling137
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Osprey » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Icepick wrote:
mcnair wrote:I think they may be illegal, either way.

You know, they actually ARE illegal. South Dakota passed a bill that all potato guns in the United States were to be ceased and destroyed. That was back in 2007, I think the reason they got banned was because you could "conceal" it and shoot people's eyes out with potato bits.
I can see it now an assassination attempt when a guy try to shoot the eyes out of a high official with a potato gun. EAT FRIES INFIDEL!!!!!!!
- Ernest Hemingway
Osprey
Ranger
Ranger

Postby sharxbyte » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:21 pm

Matt wrote:I get your other points, but I see nothing wrong with felons not being allowed to own Airsoft guns.

You are slightly ignorant. Until you are a felon, or know a felon, you probably wont understand, but the truth of the matter is this:

Many felons were convicted of nonviolent crimes, and/or convicted many years ago, and that conviction sticks with them for life. Being prohibited from touching not ONLY real firearms, but airsoft/paintball as well isn't just or fair to them, or anyone else.

Even more than that, I'm worried about whether you'd need an FFL to buy or sell, or a class 3 FFL to own automatic's, or whether California will get the same bright idea and limit us to 10 rd magazines on TOP of this BS.
sharxbyte
Recruit
Recruit

Location: I'm a sniper... Why would I tell you where I am...? California...=]

Postby Matt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:48 pm

You could say the same thing about registered sex offenders. But we don't hire them to work in schools just because they believe they were falsely accused.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby McNair » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Apples and Oranges.
McNair

Postby God » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:17 pm

The day airsoft is the banned is the day I start breaking the "law". Or I'll just go buy a RS M4 and be good to go. bleeding state/federal government needs to stay out of peoples' lives. It's disgusting how much the government noses in. What ever happened to a free nation? Bills such as the Patriot Act, NDAA, and the Brady Bill(as well as many others) needlessly encroach on our rights as US citizens.

Trying to say banning any weapon unless it's an explosive type weapon (M203, RPGs, etc.) is ridiculous. Switzerland has the lowest crime rate in the world, yet they have people who walk publicly with assault rifles on their person.

If Americans would start carrying concealed as a day to day thing in bulk, crime would plummet. Why? Because the idiot who tries to do anything will have everyone else to contend with, instead of the maybe one smart person carrying.

"The only way to stop a bad man with a gun, is a good man with a gun."

Guns will always be available to criminals, only the law abiders and the wannabe two-bit criminals will be disarmed. All the good people will be easy prey to the criminals who own a weapon.

Old statsistics, but whatever...

"* A 1982 survey of male felons in 11 state prisons dispersed across the U.S. found:[21]

• 34% had been "scared off, shot at, wounded, or captured by an armed victim"

• 40% had decided not to commit a crime because they "knew or believed that the victim was carrying a gun"

• 69% personally knew other criminals who had been "scared off, shot at, wounded, or captured by an armed victim"[22]"

P.S. I'm sure all you liberals will hate, go for it. Have fun. It doesn't change the truth at all.
God

Team: RR KBAB

Postby G36 FTW » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:59 pm

Uh oh...

I really hope California doesn't get a whiff of this.

I can't imagine having to go through firearm registration paperwork for an airsoft gun. Also, how the hell do you enforce that? You can buy every single piece of an AEG online- and I doubt politicians would be smart enough to register gearboxes/some part of an airsoft gun as the actual "firearm".
Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Postby McNair » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:00 pm

You can't ship certain fire arm related things to certain states, so ... it'd be just the same.
McNair

PreviousNext

Return to Safety/Legality