NJ S810

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby McNair » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:27 pm

You're missing how upsidedown our justice system is. There are a lot of people who got caught under measure 11 simply for being in a bar fight and winning. They're now a felon.
Not everyone who is a felon is a murdering rapist.
McNair

Team: N/A

Postby Matt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Evil Zergling137 wrote:They are Toys. I can't believe people here actually want them regulated.

Paintball guns are toys too. Looking like a real weapon from a distance doesn't make it any less a toy.

Because if it's not regulated it will either be completely banned, or all Airsoft guns will turn into toys. If you think they are toys now, wait til the toy regulations start being enforced. They'll be brightly colored. Maybe even a clear gearbox and receiver. They'll deem .20 and heavier BBs too dangerous and require they shoot some sort of soft rubber with a quarter of the effective range. Mil-sim as we know it will cease to exist, except for those individuals who still illegally import better replicas from China and continue to use them despite being illegal.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby McNair » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:30 pm

I think that sounds realistic if we lived in a country like Britain or in a state like New York or New Jersey.
McNair

Postby McNair » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:38 pm

Also, lets remember regular bb guns and pellet guns that have been around longer than many of us have been alive...
McNair

Postby Matt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:41 pm

mcnair wrote:You're missing how f***ed our justice system is. There are a lot of people who got caught under measure 11 simply for being in a bar fight and winning. They're now a felon.

That's a corner case for a few people. Some people might think we're better off without hot-heads who start fights. But people do change, I get it.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby McNair » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Matt wrote:
mcnair wrote:You're missing how f***ed our justice system is. There are a lot of people who got caught under measure 11 simply for being in a bar fight and winning. They're now a felon.

That's a corner case for a few people. Some people might think we're better off without hot-heads who start fights. But people do change, I get it.

You don't have to start the fight. You just have to come out on top.

and that's just an example. There are plenty of non-violent felons.
McNair

Postby Osprey » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:07 pm

Airsoft just needs to be under its own category like Airguns. With the same rules we have today like purchasing a airsoft gun at the age of 18, and the orange tip thing. Then just add the legal crap in with a person that recognizes airsoft as MILSIM sport in the room as Airsoft is regulated.
A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
- Ernest Hemingway
Osprey
Ranger
Ranger

Postby CommieHunter » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Jester316 wrote:
Matt wrote:I get your other points, but I see nothing wrong with felons or kids not being allowed to own Airsoft guns.

Fixed.

1st, non-violent felons (i.e. get a check bounced over a certain amount and, if convited you could be a felon).

2nd, I have no problem with restricting purchase or ownership of airsoft guns. However, if you call them a firearm, you're going to run into a lot of other problems. Like I said, restrict them, yes. But do it on their own basis and not on a blind blanket coating of 'firearms'. We already have more rules than I think we should on firearms. I don't want to lose my CQB AEG because it's an SBR and I won't register it.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Osprey » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Someone you know airsoft as a serious sport needs to be present. If not then the government going to make there own idea's about airsoft as a "firearm".
- Ernest Hemingway
Osprey
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Evil Zergling137 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Matt wrote:
Evil Zergling137 wrote:They are Toys. I can't believe people here actually want them regulated.

Paintball guns are toys too. Looking like a real weapon from a distance doesn't make it any less a toy.

Because if it's not regulated it will either be completely banned, or all Airsoft guns will turn into toys. If you think they are toys now, wait til the toy regulations start being enforced. They'll be brightly colored. Maybe even a clear gearbox and receiver. They'll deem .20 and heavier BBs too dangerous and require they shoot some sort of soft rubber with a quarter of the effective range. Mil-sim as we know it will cease to exist, except for those individuals who still illegally import better replicas from China and continue to use them despite being illegal.

Because its not regulated it will be regulated? Lets regulate so its not regulated? That seems pretty backwards. Hurry, jump off the bridge so that they can't push you off!

The only way airsoft will really get regulated is if airsofters want it to be. Look at paintball, and its been around forever, but somehow managed not to convince itself to get itself controlled by the government.
Evil Zergling137
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Icepick » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:37 pm

CommieHunter wrote:This is a little ridiculous that States have this type of a view of airsoft replicas.

Ignorance is bliss, ain't it?

What about that instance at AONW where the GBBR M4A1s were all ceased due to the fact that "They could be modified to fire live ammunition?"

All of the people who create these bills, and make these laws don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground. It's completely ridiculous and childish that they create this stuff with a lack of legitimate reasons.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Osprey » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Icepick wrote:
CommieHunter wrote:This is a little ridiculous that States have this type of a view of airsoft replicas.

What about that instance at AONW where the GBBR M4A1s were all ceased due to the fact that "They could be modified to fire live ammunition?"

All of the people who create these bills, and make these laws don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground. It's completely ridiculous and childish that they create this stuff with a lack of legitimate reasons.
This is actually why I don't vote.

If I can remember right would the GBBR M4 just blow up if modified to shoot live rounds, and only be able to shoot only one bullet.
- Ernest Hemingway
Osprey
Ranger
Ranger

Postby CommieHunter » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Icepick wrote:

I had a first hand view of the AONW GBBR seizure, and it's not exactly what people think.

I still think it's asinine for a legislator to think that calling airsoft 'firearms' is a good idea.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Transition » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:13 pm

so you dont vote? and hence the issue in this country
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Bircher » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:19 pm

It fires a god damn plastic sphere do i really need a permit for that?!
Bircher
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Safety/Legality