[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Advice on importing? - Safety/Legality

Advice on importing?

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Advice on importing?

Postby Nodachi » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:04 am

While I think I have a pretty good understanding on the things required to import Airsoft guns into the US, I was wondering if anyone had any other tips.

I'll be bringing several airsoft guns from Japan into the US when I move back later this year, and so far I'm planning to:

1. Paint the first 6-8mm or the flash hider or slide orange.
2. Cover all the trademarks with tape.
3. Secure the manuals to their respective guns.
4. Clearly mark the shipping label as 'Airsoft guns, trademarks removed, orange tips affixed.'

Does anyone else have any other advice or suggestions? It would be appreciated.
Nodachi
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Advice on importing?

Postby code789 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:31 am

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail ... 0gun/sno/1

that's just getting it into the US to get it out of japan check with the law over there
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Tombstone » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:00 am

As I came to understand it, the orange tip is an absolute necessity.
The trademark issue seemed to be a non-issue to me, as I only brought one trademarked item back with me, but they did not require me to cover up the trades.
As I understood it, as long as it is apparent that they are your guns for personal use, the people in customs don't really give a damn. Better safe then sorry though.
No expectations, No disappointment
Tombstone

Team: Mithril

Postby LiquidSnak » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:26 am

Customs seems not to care so much about personal items. Only restricted items, such as tobacco and what are checked, the last time I went through customs. They will probably make sure that you aren't importing illegal firearms, I.E. unregistered and the automatic type, but other than that, once they see they are airsoft guns, you shouldn't have problems. Orange tip is a must, and to be safe, I would cover trades up. Just in case a cybergun employee is present at the customs check :lol: ;)
LiquidSnak

Postby oki-san » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:33 am

Honestly, as long as your not bringing in huge stocks of guns to resale you should be fine leaving them as is.

i brought like 7 pistols, a TM mp7 and my TM CQBR into Oregon at different points in time and even back to Japan with no issues.

No trade coverups, no orange tips. nothing.

Granted, these are in my own experiences so i dont want to say DO IT and then hear about your guns getting yanked at customs.

If you want to, go for it. if not, you should be fine.

By chance are you in the military? If you are, do what i did for the big move and just throw everything into your military pack out if possible.
oki-san
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Safety/Legality