Actual field medics?

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Re: Actual field medics?

Postby ogrejager » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:26 pm

DELTA0125 wrote:All I wanted to know was if an event host should know about my qualifications.

Oh. Sorry, this should have ended pages ago, then.

"No."

Lots of people have that basic training. If you're in the right spot to do the right thing, please do so. But no need to hassle a game promoter telling him that you're CPR certified. Definitely don't tell him you're a medic. Just go play and if an old bastard like me keels over, help him out. Don't help me, though, I'd rather the other guy did it.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby McNair » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:50 pm

There's plenty of people in the community who have the same amount of very very basic training(and more) who have felt no need to let the game hosts know because we're aware there are much more qualified individuals on the field or close at call.

Your question was answered multiple times on the first page.
If you want to play doctor on the field, go get your EMT-B Cert. Until then, no one cares.
McNair

Team: N/A

Postby DELTA0125 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:54 pm

ogrejager wrote:
DELTA0125 wrote:All I wanted to know was if an event host should know about my qualifications.

Oh. Sorry, this should have ended pages ago, then.

"No."

Lots of people have that basic training. If you're in the right spot to do the right thing, please do so. But no need to hassle a game promoter telling him that you're CPR certified. Definitely don't tell him you're a medic. Just go play and if an old bastard like me keels over, help him out. Don't help me, though, I'd rather the other guy did it.

Thank you sir.

As for others *cough*welshy*cough* instead of pulling out your epeen and basically telling people asking a simple question to "F off go die" why not just simply answer the question politely? I mean a real life EMT (or atleast up here) would appreciate any help they can get and would be professional about it whether on a forum or face to face
(I hope portland EMT's are not like the people in this thread claiming to be one or if I get injured I am seriously f***ed!)
DELTA0125
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Previous

Return to Safety/Legality