[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Birds and BBs? - Page 2 - Safety/Legality

Birds and BBs?

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Re: Birds and BBs?

Postby Rapture » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Who said it was solid?
Rapture
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby ogrejager » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:12 am

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Rapture » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:42 am

All ok today, the bb's don't really digest... they just pass.
Rapture
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Diegunner » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:02 am

My buddy has shot turkeys with pellets in their crop. It seemed they were replacing gravel with bbs. So I don’t think that it really hurts turkeys. Waterfowl and upland is a little different. I haven’t seen any bbs in their crops.
Diegunner
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Osprey » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:58 pm

The chickens will be fine the bbs will just pass thru. As long as there is food they will leave the BB's alone. If I was him I wouldn't worry about it. We shoot all the time in the woods, and there still wild bird life where we play.
A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
- Ernest Hemingway
Osprey
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Kitfox » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:07 am

As I said that I would post any reply to my question at Poultry forums, Here is what I got (although It is just one reply and I would take it with a grain of salt, as I do not know the source, they said: Re: Effects of Ingesting Airsoft pellets??

Unread postby chrismahon » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:16 pm
Potentially a big problem Kitfox. They can swallow then as grit and they could block the gizzard. As they are insoluble and ungrindable they will collect causing a blockage it and will be terminal. Vet told me the common cause for impacted gizzard is bits of plastic or metal. In our case it was damson stones and after a month of nursing they managed to shift them.

Kitfox
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Safety/Legality