Hpa lies And truths from what I know

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Hpa lies And truths from what I know

Postby Sleepy Gun » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:16 pm

[list=][/list]So, I started looking into hpa's mostly the wolverine smp (I didn't like the image of polarstar) and what I found was quite interesting, I found that tons of people believe that they're unsafe and only cheaters and people who want to hart everyone uses them.... All because of "energy creep" or "joule creep" but what most people don't know is that energy doesn't only happen with hpa systems ad has been around for a long long time, if you don't know what joule creep is then in short it is when someone is using more gas/air then needed for a .20g bb and in turn crono with .20g bbs and shoot around 400fps 1.5j but their is extra air then the .20g bb needs so when they put a .30g bb in it shoots a 2.3j, so In the end they're shooting hot. Back to the main reason of the post, my point is that gbbs can just a easy joule creep and no one frowns apon them and so cab aegs (more work and $) but at the end of the day it's the way the field tests for safety regulations their has been plenty of ideas on what should change but at the end of the day if someone wants to cheat or be a tool they will and in turn it won't be a good image for the sport...

Just my thought on the matter and I'm sick and tiered of people hating hpa systems for joule creep, Id like to hear about other reasons why people hate them. I understand that people have been seriously hurt by people joule creeping nor do I think it is okay at all!
"Speak softly,carry a big stick"
Sleepy Gun
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Hpa lies And truths from what I know

Postby Cameron Zombie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:37 am

HPA systems don't just suck for joule creep, most (and I say most, not all) players I've encountered with them are RPS, high cap loving folks. Which isn't my bag and makes the game less fun in the long run for me.
Cameron Zombie
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby G00SE770 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:20 pm

Cameron Zombie wrote:...players I've encountered with them are RPS, high cap loving folks. Which isn't my bag and makes the game less fun in the long run for me.

+10 agree with this statement.
G00SE770
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:14 pm

Two words: Brown F2000
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Junto » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:15 pm

Cameron Zombie wrote:HPA systems don't just suck for joule creep, most (and I say most, not all) players I've encountered with them are RPS, high cap loving folks. Which isn't my bag and makes the game less fun in the long run for me.
This. They want a gun that hurts more (playing for the sake of causing people pain is not a justifiable reason to play the game, in my mind) cycles faster than anyone else's, and something they can brag about how much they spent putting it together. That's just what I've seen on the field and what I can tell from the people who come by the shop looking to build HPA guns. Not really impressed with the caliber of human that tends to run them/it doesn't jive with what I think the game is about.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Jewish Ninja » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:26 pm

I have no issues with the idea behind HPA. I don't personally like running a line from my gun, but I do like how little FPS variance there is, and the improved reliability.

To echo what Cameron said though, I hate that people only buy them for the RPS they produce. Anything past 16 RPS is too much. It's more than a real M4, and almost the same as a real Glock 18, which is just silly.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Postby Junto » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:52 pm

That said, there are some awesome HPA conversions of GBB pistols and SMGs. I'd hate running a line to something in CQB because it would massively cripple reload time (having to move the line to each mag), but they're not built as joule-creeping RPS chainsaws, so they're pretty alright in my book.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Dolphin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:05 pm

ClownBaby wrote:Two words: Brown F2000

HA! Nice to know that you still remember me 8) . Honestly, I feel a little hurt that all you guys think is that everyone who runs HPA is just out to cheat everyone and hurt people. I bought my P* so that I would never have to worry about my gun breaking on me anymore and of course I'm going to try to get the most out of any gun that I use. But hating on a gun just because it's running on HPA is just sad.
Dolphin
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sleepy Gun » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:57 pm

Interesting that you guys dislike it because of the rps I have noticed that most people only run around 13-16 rps and my Kwa does around 22-23 with a Lipo and the Max a p* can do is 38-40 if set to do that I am going hpa for the reson I only need one gun to play indoor and outdoor. I dislike hi caps I think it's for players that are lazy (not saying I dont use them as I am lazy also) at the end of the day it's the person behind the rifle that desides who they're regardless of what they're running. I don't want to get a p* and everyone hate because it's potential of energy creep and rps rate.
Sleepy Gun
Grunt
Grunt

Postby G00SE770 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:28 pm

It's not the HPA that bugs me, it's the RPS that gets amped with Hi-Cap mags. I'm fine with a realistic RPS as long as the capacity is realistic as well. One or the other, not both. Think about it..
G00SE770
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:31 pm

Trust me, I'm not the only one who remembers.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Dolphin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:40 pm

So HPA is hated on because of its rps and hi-caps. So when do we start hating on aegs for the same thing?
Dolphin
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sleepy Gun » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:36 pm

I understand the argument but at the end of the day it's the user that decides those two factors... But it seems that If you show up using a hpa p* smp Daytona you're going to look down apon because of a bad rep of other players. I dont see a reasonable ground that everyone that has hpa and everyone that has aegs or gbbs could meet at... My main point is that dont hate on frown apon someone using hpa and anyone using any kind of airsoft gun because I've seen some wicked builds of aegs that shoot around 45rps it's very possible if the user wants to drop the cash...
Sleepy Gun
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Cameron Zombie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Dolphin wrote:So HPA is hated on because of its rps and hi-caps. So when do we start hating on aegs for the same thing?

I already do. My G&P rips on an 11.1, which is why I hate going full auto.

Once again, I said not every HPA user runs theirs like an asshole. Just most of them.

Also, DGs are automatically exempt from the suckfest rule because DG.
Cameron Zombie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby G00SE770 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:42 pm

I'm not sure anyone hates on a gun just because it's running HPA (not me) --it seems that the typical HPA setup has earned an expectation that carries to over anyone that shows up with one. I mean, who can resist taking full advantage of your investment -right? But not fun for everyone else, just my thoughts..
So, to me, no it's not the HPA, it's the user need to combine it with fast RPS w/high cap magazines. It tends to make it very discouraging to the typical player that is walking out into an airsoft event (maybe for the first time) and gets lit up over and over by somebody with the HPA_RPS_HighCap combo. Honestly, I don't care for having a hose attached to my gun, but that's me...
G00SE770
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Safety/Legality