So much full face...

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Re: So much full face...

Postby Shortbu » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:31 am

ClownBaby wrote:I get it, it SHOULD be your choice.

Do we know if there's an insurance company that will allow adults to do what they want?

Even if there were, with the direction insurance companies are going, I doubt that they would allow anybody to do what they want for very long, and I'd be willing to bet the premiums would be higher. While I agree with the sentiment that we've been playing that way for years, with little incident, and should be able to continue that way, it's quickly becoming a thing of the past. I seriously doubt anything we say will have any impact what so ever. So unless we run some more "private" games, the unwanted changes are unfortunately here to stay. The only way I see around it, is as I said "private" games not on a privately owned field, or free games not on a privately owned field. Games on privately owned fields carry the risk of some jacktard suing the land owner, hence the ridiculous new protection rules. I've heard people saying "we signed waivers, why all the new crap". Honestly, while a waiver may carry a little weight, it doesn't stop a law suit, in which the land owner still has to pay to fight the law suit. I personally can't stand the new protection rules, and I feel this may only be the beginning. I fear that before long, we'll all be forced to wear the ridiculous full face gear, no mesh, covering ears and neck, lame assed bullshit that paintballers have to wear all because of some fricken pussies, filing frivolous law suits.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Junto » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:44 pm

After 3 pages, Shortbus comes through with the first actual answer.

That answer is the anticipated, "Nah, we're upsidedown," that I expected, but it's an answer!
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Matt » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:09 pm

Who needs facial protection, that's what beards are for.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Blackhawk » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:47 pm

My tactical beard is great for screening BBs!

Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:15 pm

What cracks me up, is when people in the "real world" say they can't hear me, or understand what I'm saying, two feet away, do to my tacticool mustache/beard combo.

That's funny, cuz you guys can hear me whispering, through my fur, through my mask, a good 15'-25' away.

Real world needs to wake up!

Boy, if only we could "communicate" in the world like we do in game.
In Freddys check out line: "MOVE UP, MOTHAFUNKAS!!!"
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Previous

Return to Safety/Legality