[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
So much full face... - Page 2 - Safety/Legality

So much full face...

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Re: So much full face...

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Wow, I made all kinds of squishy-face when I was reading about Hellboy, good thing we use bio, huh? LOL
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby McNair » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:20 pm

As someone who has their teeth shot out on two different occasions, I personally say "shazaam full face mask requirements for adults".
Its just like I say "shazaam safety kills". We participate in this knowing we'll be shot at some point and it will(should)hurt. TOo many little bitches have started participating(we used to be able to chase them out, but now the white knights have also invaded the sport and ruined even the baby punching) and making this a bleeding nanny state sport.

I know plenty of people who won't go to games solely based on a full face protection requirement and we know of and will continue to attend plenty of other games and fields that don't require this.

"well, I guess you won't play any games then". You're right, instead I'll keep playing better immersive games instead of nanny phony pony games catering to the children.

as Junto said, this full face shit ain't milsim and this game isn't paintball.

Go get your bright coloured jerseys and sponsors, nancys. Don't forget to count your kills . ;)

Also, I've been shot from 20ft away in the face with a gun shooting 450FPS without it embedding in my skin so I am skeptical(not saying its bullshit, just saying I am skeptical). I was bleeding, yes, but no bbs needing to be removed.
McNair

Team: N/A

Postby FishSlapRepublic » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:34 pm

I can find my was around most full face rules to technically comply yet still play how I want and have for over 10yrs. What has been annoying me more is all this semi-auto only when in CQB. So in the field people are spraying around but in CQB they have to start being precise in semi-auto which is pretty much opposite of how it works outside of airsoft.

I mean It's only helped me when I wipe out my TM breacher as it can shoot 6bbs at once but it still feels really unnatural to have everyone switch to semi when jumping into CQB.
One mag one kill.
FishSlapRepublic
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cyclops » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:39 pm

McNair if your at SS6 look up hellboy. That Bb is still in his cheek. Also has a lot of pictures on his phone when it happened.
I do agree that if your say 17 and younger you may require a full face and adults have the option. Me I wear it due to losing a tooth. Bill was expensive (I did not file a claim) and kept playing 6 plus hours including breaks. Because of that I wear it and I try to talk to my team mates to wear them as well. Some wear a mouth guard or some sort of cloth.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Pacman » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:14 pm

I've always played with a mouth guard and taken my share of face hits but prefer this to generating more heat/perspiration on my face. I've avoided places in the past that required full seal/face guards because of this. The irony is the one time I got a tooth shot out I was in an admin role not playing. This should be an 18 and under thing but unfortunately insurance companies drive a lot of policies now a days. At my age I'm more than likely to pull a muscle or break a hip..
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby McNair » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:39 am

McNair

Postby ogrejager » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:44 am

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Payback » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:23 pm

I love the comments of "i won't play where they require it" and "it's not milsim" bahahaha, you all act like they are making you place a suppository in before you play.

It's not that big of a deal, except in Junto's case where he breaks out, but i'm sure there are solutions.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby McNair » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:01 pm

McNair

Postby McNair » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:08 pm

McNair

Postby Cyclops » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:30 pm

Insurance goes from beginning of the year to the end and must pay up front. Insurance is VERY expensive. Even if you just get it for one game. So this isn't something you can just drop and move to another company. Plus there is only so many insurances out there for this type of activity. I'm sure this will be a requirement for every insurance company out there. Just because of a number drop wont change anything regarding the face cover.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:07 pm

:banghead: Josh fans. They just work, and since I've started using them (after a decade of fogging in paintball) in airsoft, I've found other great uses for them, such as the real steel range, but my favorite is when it snows, now I can see no matter how bad it is.

And Junto, I started not shaving a long time ago, due to that I was always breaking out. When I play hard, then take my mask off, my beard and mustache are soaked, but I don't think it's sweat, as much as It's just a lot of condensation. Anyway I don't break out anymore, maybe you just need operator beard?

And how is armoring your face not militaristic, you guys wear PC's, helmets, gloves? Has anyone here seen where DARPA is heading? Sexy cyber-Ninja is were it's at!

Also, that one style mask, like the wire, but it sets out away from yee face, that would work?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Junto » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:35 pm

Fans don't work for me, Mikey. Solid lenses are garbage to me. Unworkable, unwearable, utter and complete garbage. And I literally don't grow significant facial hair, so shazaam beards. Armoring my face is not directly simulative of anything happening in modern field operations.

I love that everyone is posting like I don't understand why full face is becoming more prevalent. I don't care who got BBs stuck in whatever part of their body. I don't care what works for anyone else or their teammates. All I care about is having the choice. This is bleeding universal health care all over again. Where is my OPT OUT option? I stated right off the bat that it wasn't about finding a solution; this is about not being bleeding nannied and not letting a bunch of hypothetical horseshit take the fun out of the game.

Except Josh. Josh bleeding gets it.

Last edited by Junto on Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Junto » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:38 pm

I'd like to note that, of course, this doesn't apply to indoor fields. Of course you wear full face if the intended engagement distance is 0-50 feet.

Then again, a shemagh or balaclava sufficed as full face for arenas back in the day. Not sure if that cuts it now.

Also:
If I've been assuming liability for the well-being of my face for 9-10 years at every event I've been to, how isn't that precedent for continuing to do so?
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:24 pm

I get it, it SHOULD be your choice.

Do we know if there's an insurance company that will allow adults to do what they want?
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Safety/Legality