Stripped gearbox grip screw hole

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Stripped gearbox grip screw hole

Postby Gilligan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Hey guys,
I have a 6mm AGM gearbox with a stripped screw hole where you screw in the pistol grip. Just the first few threads are stripped but its enough that I can't get the pistol grip to stay on and stable.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? possibly a longer pistol grip screw I can buy or something. If not its no big deal, Its a crappy Chinese gearbox shell that I don't use anymore.

Any input helps!
Gilligan
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Stripped gearbox grip screw hole

Postby G36 FTW » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:40 am

If it is stripped to that point, you can't really do anything about it. I had an AGM gearbox that had the same problem and eventually during a game the pistol grip pulled off and with it came the other screw. You don't have a whole lot of options, aside from retapping a larger thread for a different screw, or trying to get a screw with a bolt to work.

In the long run buying better quality gearbox shell would probably be the easiest method. I sucks to scrap a gearbox shell because of one or two little things like that, but there aren't a lot of other options.
Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Postby McNair » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:48 pm

I had the same thing happen with a JG gear box. I ended up just using one screw and superglue. It worked for a bit.
I ended up just replacing it with another empty box.
McNair

Postby Gilligan » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Yea, I ended up scraping it and using a different one. Luckily I had one to replace it with. Thanks for the input guys!
Gilligan
Grunt
Grunt

Return to AEG/Electrics