Trigger does not reset on semi auto

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Re: Trigger does not reset on semi auto

Postby spazzticsmurff » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:53 pm

CU@13 wrote:Yes I just rewired my M4 version two gearbox to the rear using the existing wire without issues and once I had everything back together everything seemed the same except for the explained trigger issue... I also do not have a trustworthy tech shop near me that I know of and I really can't spend a fortune if I do find a airsoft mechanic :?

if the gb worked before you did the work but doesnt work properly now then something is out of place.
check the placement of the trigger spring and make sure that the bend is properly placed in the hole in the trigger stop.
also make sure that you are not binding on the wire that pass under the trigger. if you are rubbing on the wire harness the single spring from the trigger4 might not have enough tension to pull the trigger back.
also when you manualy reset the trigger does it click then pop into place or do you have to push all the way to full reset before the trolley clicks into place?
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby CU@13 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:44 am

Where do you live?

Read the profile info...
Last edited by CU@13 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
95% of teens would cry if they saw Justin Bieber at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste if you are part of the 5% that would sit there with popcorn and a camera and yell "DO A FLIP".....ill provide the popcorn!!!!!
CU@13
Recruit
Recruit

Postby CU@13 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:49 am

if the gb worked before you did the work but doesnt work properly now then something is out of place.
check the placement of the trigger spring and make sure that the bend is properly placed in the hole in the trigger stop.
also make sure that you are not binding on the wire that pass under the trigger. if you are rubbing on the wire harness the single spring from the trigger4 might not have enough tension to pull the trigger back.
also when you manualy reset the trigger does it click then pop into place or do you have to push all the way to full reset before the trolley clicks into place?

you see the thing is that it works fine with no battery and also when the gearbox was open, the second I open connect the power the I get the lock-up on semi-auto. I have tried adjusting the motor position but that wasn't a issue...
95% of teens would cry if they saw Justin Bieber at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste if you are part of the 5% that would sit there with popcorn and a camera and yell "DO A FLIP".....ill provide the popcorn!!!!!
CU@13
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.] » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:51 am

CU@13 wrote:
Where do you live?

Read the profile info...

Wow, you know how many times we see people with the wrong location information? You have been on this forum for a grand total of 7 days, no one knows you. I have tech connections all over the US but so much for trying to help you.
Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.]
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Steve » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:51 am

Unless there has been some major planetary shift, Florida is kinda about as far away from the Pacific ocean and still be in the contiguous US.

I'd suggest taking your question someplace a little closer to home. Like http://www.floridaairsoft.com/forums/, which was the second result for a google search for, you guessed it, "florida airsoft forum". Which is a place that, at a guess, you might actually find somebody local that can either help you fix it or can refer you to a decent tech. I wouldn't know, since I live in the Pacific Northwest and all, so a Florida airsoft forum is not my normal hangout spot.

Sometimes I despair at the "quality" of the public education system.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:47 am

Ummm, maybe He heard how awesome we are.

Helpful too! :lol:
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Steve » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:15 am

It boggles the mind.

The world we live in is flipping amazing. At about 4 PM, I opened up SolidWorks. By 5, I had designed a coffee mug. Around 9 PM, I ran the design through slicing software and started printing it. Tomorrow morning when I wake up, I'll be able to crack open an ice-cold Red Bull and pour it into the mug. I can use my cellphone to take a picture and send it to my 80 year old grandmother in Alaska. If she likes it, I can e-mail the file to my cousin up there, and he can print her one.

That means that in roughly two days, I can take an idea and turn it into a physical thing located a couple thousand miles away from me with not much in the way of effort.

Conversely, some 13 year old located all the way across the country expects that strangers will not only put up with their snotty attitude but will somehow magically unf**k whatever they randomly pooched when they reassembled their AEG. They didn't list who made it, or include pictures, or video, or much of anything actually useful for troubleshooting.

Just saying, is all.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.] » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:09 am

Steve wrote:It boggles the mind.

The world we live in is flipping amazing. At about 4 PM, I opened up SolidWorks. By 5, I had designed a coffee mug. Around 9 PM, I ran the design through slicing software and started printing it. Tomorrow morning when I wake up, I'll be able to crack open an ice-cold Red Bull and pour it into the mug. I can use my cellphone to take a picture and send it to my 80 year old grandmother in Alaska. If she likes it, I can e-mail the file to my cousin up there, and he can print her one.

That means that in roughly two days, I can take an idea and turn it into a physical thing located a couple thousand miles away from me with not much in the way of effort.

Conversely, some 13 year old located all the way across the country expects that strangers will not only put up with their snotty attitude but will somehow magically unf**k whatever they randomly pooched when they reassembled their AEG. They didn't list who made it, or include pictures, or video, or much of anything actually useful for troubleshooting.

Just saying, is all.

:snap: well said
Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.]
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Previous

Return to AEG/Electrics