[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
$200 for a nearly new SRC G36KV Gen 3, worth it? - AEG/Electrics

$200 for a nearly new SRC G36KV Gen 3, worth it?

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

$200 for a nearly new SRC G36KV Gen 3, worth it?

Postby Reascr » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:16 am

As the title suggests, a guy is selling a SRC G36KV, which the entire Gen 3 line is no longer sold by anyone. It's nearly new, and he says it's fired *maybe* 500 rounds, which was testing and less than 30 minutes of a game. It appears to be in good condition, and I've heard nothing but good things (Save for the gearbox, which is a minor annoyance) about the Gen 3. It sounds like a good deal, and is priced well, as well as including some extras (Like a tight bore and extra battery)

I just want an extra opinion on it, as it will be leaving me short on money for a bit. I want to know if it's a good investment, and what others think of the price
Invest in rich people.-Cai, 2014
Reascr
Grunt
Grunt

Team: RTPS

Re: $200 for a nearly new SRC G36KV Gen 3, worth it?

Postby raider08 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:16 pm

I think it could be. It appears to be a good aeg, but there's little room for external upgrades (if your into modding out your gun). And speaking from experience, I have a JG G36K that has pretty much the same procedure of opening up the plastic external casing of the gun to get at the internal parts (like the barrel assembly and gearbox), which is a total pain in the a$$ if you ever need to swap out any parts for it. To open the casing; you have to remove the handguard, unplug your battery, remove the carry handle (top rail portion), remove the magwell, and then take out like 5 or 6 screws that hold the two pieces of the casing together.

The iron sights that come w/ the gun you're looking at are pretty much useless, so if you were counting on those for aiming instead of an optic you're not gonna be very happy. The gun operates well w/ a standard 8.4v brick type battery, so that's not to hard to buy/find.

Already having experience w/ this type of gun, I'd get some kind of m4 variant or something that would be easy to fix (if it broke down) or upgrade (both externally and internally). But if you're just wanting to get a gun that'll get the job done and nothing else, it sounds like a good buy for you.

I found some videos and thread that may be helpful to you...
-

-
-

...hopefully this helps you out.
Last edited by raider08 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
raider08
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby Reascr » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:09 pm

I was originally looking at M4 variants, but I had decided I wanted to go a proper German military route, so I started looking at the G36's. The only affordable ones I could find were the SRCs, and they no longer sell Gen 3 in the US. So I figured it would be good, since I really do need a gun that'll work, and save me the money of renting. And I'm not looking at any modding, not yet. Optic wise, it's currently spray and pray, but I plan to get a red dot or ACOG to go with it. I could tell that those were bad, and he even recommended me to get one.

Thanks for the links! I had actually seen both of them
Invest in rich people.-Cai, 2014
Reascr
Grunt
Grunt

Team: RTPS

Postby Reaver » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:30 am

I have owned a jg g36 and src g36 variant. Been in both as well. The src has a better motor factory than the jg, nice strong magnets, getting into the guts isn't that bad. On my jg and src it was 3 long screws on the upper receiver, and an Allen on the back when you fold the stock to the side. A little more detailed than an m4, but at low 4 my jg DESTROYED its bushings, and I was able to strip the thing and split the gear box in about 15 minutes on the back trunk lid of my car in the parking lot lol. Jg is a good gun if you don't use jg parts. Also, the src should have the metal hop up unit as well, and metal bushings not plastic like jg....so 200, I would pay that for it.

on a personal note, I would stay away from m4 platforms. Crucify me if you want for saying that, but I hate mag wobble and the notorious feed issues that they seem to all have. I like the mag to be firmly secured in place with no movement unless I want it to move lol.
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby raider08 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:01 pm

I experienced the same with my jg, ended up replacing most of the gears and purchasing a stronger motor for it. I've had just about enough of my g36k. Yeah, src definitely better internals ;P
You're right about the m4 mag wobble, but the wobble isn't anything a good wrap or two of electrical tape won't fix.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
raider08
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby Reaver » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:21 pm

I abandoned the m4 for the AK. I think the mechanical design of them is superior over the m4. Mags lock in place and feed without needing electrical tape or finessing to the right spot, and the hop up is held firmly in place and doesn't move. Its a nice piece of mind that you know when the trigger is pulled, plastic will come out of the barrel. The only other downfall I have found with the g36 series is the cost of mags...thats what killed me with my g36's.
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Return to AEG/Electrics