[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Getting back into airsoft DMR build - AEG/Electrics

Getting back into airsoft DMR build

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Getting back into airsoft DMR build

Postby Marpat » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:37 am

I have been out of airsoft for over a year now, not by my choice but i will finally be able to get back into it soon and i decided i want to have a new gun for when i start up again. first, i do have knowledge of both v2 AEGs and Bolt action rifles inside and out, i know how to maintain and modify my weapons and i have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing but i stall am a little rusty. My goal for this set up is going to me a DMR that is shooting around 475FPS. it will be set up to only shoot single fire and 3 shot burst. here is my idea so far. I'm posting this because i haven't been in airsoft for a while now and before i begin, i would like to know if I'm forgetting anything or really screwing up with my selection and don't know it. Thanks.

$340 Rifle:ICS CXP 16L Full Metal Airsoft AEG Rifle w/ Mock Silencer (Evike)
-----
Internals
$17 JG AEG MOSFET (Evike)
$40 Burst Wizard mosfet (Airsoft GI)
$13 Matrix ball bearing bushings (Evike)
$25 Matrix steel CNC super torque gears (Evike)
$50 Matrix Magnum Torque motor (Evike)
$8 Matrix M140 spring (Evike)
$18 Matrix metal spring guide (Evike)
$12 Matrix Full Steel Teeth Polycarbonate Piston (Evike)
$35 Madbull 407mm inner barrel (Airsoft GI)
$38 Madbull ultimate hop up W blue bucking (Evike)
$40 Angel Custom Ultimate cylinder set. cylinder, cylinder head,piston head, air nozzle (Evike)
$3 shims (Evike)
Total: $299
-----
My plan is to open up the gearbox, disconnect everything and start from scratch with the new gears, piston set up, and mosfet wiring.I will be shimming the gears and i would like to adjust the angle of engagement of the piston and the sector gear if need be. I will also be Teflon taping whatever i need to to get 100% compression. Last, i will be switching to deans connectors.
-Jus skiddin-
Marpat
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Getting back into airsoft DMR build

Postby Jester316 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:27 pm

If it can shoot 3rd burst, it's not considered a DMR and is not subject to DMR rules.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Marpat » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:54 am

not a big deal, this setup would allow me to make it single shot only as well
-Jus skiddin-
Marpat
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jester316 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:51 am

I should have been more clear: DMR's must be MECHANICALLY incapable of firing more than 1 round per trigger pull. That means that mosfet control is out. You'd have to make it so the selector is incapable of moving into burst/full auto.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby CommieHunter » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:57 am

Replacing EVERYTHING isn't always necessary. Usually it's best to keep the parts that are going to work well, and replace only parts that are going to deliver improved performance and reliability. That said, here's a couple of notes.

Skip the JG MOSFET. They have a tendency to fry, which can take out other wiring. Additionally, stacking 2 MOSFETs on each other can have unexpected consequences. I'd go with only the burst wizard, if that's what you're looking for.

If the ICS already has bearings, keep the stock ones. They're as good or better than the Matrix ones. If you're upgrading from bushings, this should work. Better bearings (i.e. Modify) will hold up better under high stress.

You probably don't want the super-torque gearset. The M140 spring can easily be pulled by a lighter gearset and good motor, and the super-torque gears will slow the gearbox down, as well as require modification to fit and a custom half-tooth piston. I'd go with just torque-up gears.

The motor is a good one.

If the ICS has a plastic spring guide, you'll want to upgrade it. Otherwise, if the ICS one is metal, no point in changing it.

I like that piston and barrel and bucking.

The MB Ultimate hop-up probably wont' fit the ICS. In my experience, ICS M4s have a different size hop-up unit, and a different brand will fit no problem, but may not feed correctly.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Marpat » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:28 pm

thank you commiehunter. i should have also added that i will not be playing in oregon so im not really thinking about the pacific nw rules when it comes to this build.
-Jus skiddin-
Marpat
Grunt
Grunt

Postby CommieHunter » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:22 am

No problem. BTW, there's an ignore button, so if you ever want to not see a user's posts, you can make them disappear.

But yes, depending on where you play, they'll either want 'semi-auto only', which a MOSFET fulfills, or mechanically limited semi-auto only, which would require other elements.

Are you 100% set on the ICS? You might find that some other brands will fit more parts, like external upgrades, as well as that MadBull hop-up unit. I really like the KRYTAC SPR or the KWA SR10.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Marpat » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:49 am

-Jus skiddin-
Marpat
Grunt
Grunt

Return to AEG/Electrics