Need help, motor will not turn gearbox.

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Need help, motor will not turn gearbox.

Postby AirCanada » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:32 pm

Hello, I recently took apart a gearbox for the first time to change a spring after upgrading my barrel to a longer tightbore. The gearbox in question is a V.2 Classic Army gearbox for their Scar-l, after fitting everything back together in the gearbox before putting the gearbox back in the lower I attached the pistol grip to it and installed the motor, everything work fine. Nice. So I then proceeded to reinstall the gearbox into the lower (which was a pain, the receiver has to be pried apart for selector to connect) and then reinstalled the pistol grip and motor. After a few attempts I got the motor to sit and spring back properly so I hooked up the wires and put back the base plate without ever touching the height adjustment screw, once in I plugged in my battery and nothing. Not Nice. So I figures crap I must've killed my motor so I took it out of the gun plugged the wires into it and hooked up a battery again. The motor spins very well, except for when it's in the gearbox, so I figures oh my anti reversal latch must be backwards or something, but the I remembered I had tested the gearbox before installing it into the receiver and it worked so it had to be something with the motor. So all i want to know is if anybody has had this problem before and if so how to fix it, also is it possible I reversed the direction of the motor accidentally?
AirCanada
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Need help, motor will not turn gearbox.

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:45 am

Um, fairy dust, duh!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby AirCanada » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:52 pm

lol, Thanks....
AirCanada
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Tankwitch » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:44 pm

I've had this happen before. Turn the motor 180 degrees and reinstall.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rentax » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:46 pm

The motor has a positive terminal (+) and a negative terminal (-)
+Red
-Black
if you hook the black wire to the positive terminal and the red wire to the negative terminal it will run in the opposite direction. If you look at the back of your motor there will be a + and a - near the connection points.

If you have them on the wrong sides detach the motor rotate it 180 degrees re-attach and it should spin the correct direction.
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Return to AEG/Electrics