Jammed V2 gb

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Jammed V2 gb

Postby Vulpes » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:18 pm

Alright all you elite techs, I have a problem.

I've been working on guns for a few years, and do know what I'm doing. However one particular gun has me stumped.

I've got an Echo 1 XCR. And the gearbox keeps jamming with the piston back, followed by a loud screeching noise. I've had it apart so many times, and now I'm simply lost on what the problem could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
JG m4s, CYMA 1928 custom "Thomas" (yes spelling is correct), G&G cm gbb, JG commando, JG p90, WE usmc m9 gbb (tan), G&G Top Tech T16A3 BB
Vulpes
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Jammed V2 gb

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:47 pm

We need a little more information than that.

What parts are in it? What do they look like? What combinations of parts have you tried? What have you tried so far?

Preliminarily, I would guess that you have a drive train misalignment or incompatibility. Be sure to check every tooth on every gear (including Pinion) for wear, check your motor height, check your motor shaft, check your motor contacts. Check wiring for chips or frays, for pinches, broken or partially broken contacts. Start swapping parts to find the culprit.

Screeches are seven times out of ten problems with the motor, and the other three problems with gears.

If all else fails, take it to a tech in person. Where do you live?

"The Last Thing You Never See"
Birds of Prey: squad assault sniper
B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Postby phiz » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:48 pm

you probably replaced the piston with one that is hitting something on the backstroke.
phiz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Vulpes » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:46 pm

All parts are stock in the gun and show no signs of wear besides the piston which I replaced since the old one stripped the 2nd tooth from the rear. I just double checked and the piston has all the same measurements as the old one, and nothing is visibly obstructing the piston from traveling all the way rearward.

In checking again I realized something that I'm sad I didn't before.... the gun has no shims. It hasn't been opened since it was purchased until I received it for work. So that means it came from Echo1 with no shims. Hopefully the gears wobbling like crazy was the cause of the binding, doing a quick shim job and well see how that works.
JG m4s, CYMA 1928 custom "Thomas" (yes spelling is correct), G&G cm gbb, JG commando, JG p90, WE usmc m9 gbb (tan), G&G Top Tech T16A3 BB
Vulpes
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Vulpes » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:36 pm

Now I'm back to my original problem. Gun fully cycled once and is now unresponsive. Trigger pulls back just fine, connections are good, I've tried 3 different motors and nothing changes. Maybe something is wrong with the cutoff lever?

Edit: No it couldn't be the cutoff lever? Because the gun does nothing in full auto either

Im stumped. And I live in Milwaukie btw
Vulpes
Grunt
Grunt

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:09 pm

E1s typically don't come with shims.

So did you try putting the stock piston back in? That should always be the first step. If you have the same problem with the stock piston something is installed wrong or broken. If not, then it's a compatibility issue.

*Have you tried putting a weaker spring in? Stock E1 motors go kerplunk after 50,000 rounds or so and need to be cleaned and recontacted for revitalization.* )you have posted since I typed this so it is kinda pointless, but still good info)

Also, the second to last tooth should be taken off anyway along with a corrected AoE. Something to look into if you have not already.

Cut off lever issues are usually only on semi-automatic. Does the trigger make an audible click when pulled like the trolley is snapping forward prematurely?
If there is no response whatsoever stop pulling the trigger and unplug your battery. Pull out the motor and plug it in while holding it and pull the trigger again. If the motor does not spin with vigor you have fried wires. If it does spin well you have a lock-up.

B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Vulpes » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:14 pm

Isn't echo 1 supposed to be a qc'd jg? You think they'd make an attempt to properly shim their guns

Old piston was shredded by previous owner.

I've now got everything mechanical working, but now the gremlin is in the trigger. Only fires when the trigger is pulled back then let go (making it slap forward), which only causes the trigger contact to jam up into the tappet plate.

I have never had this many problems with an aeg.
Vulpes
Grunt
Grunt

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:20 pm

That's what people say, but I have found their gearboxes to be pretty dissimilar. JGs are not all that good either.

Can you describe the trigger thing more or in a different way? I'm sure what you mean.

B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Vulpes » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:24 pm

The gun was completely unresponsive after the first shot. I pulled the trigger all the way back and let go, letting it slam forward under its own spring tension. And it fired every time as long as I let it slam forward.

This thing is making me want to quit the tech business. Also will never buy echo1 now.
Vulpes
Grunt
Grunt

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:58 pm

E1s are good to buy if you have the money to replace parts. :P They do have some unique bodies.

A video would be really nice right about now.

Disassemble the trolley and check your trigger contacts and trolley block for arc burns. File the black off if you find some. Switch out the piston for another, try a weaker spring. Also check your lower receiver and gearbox for trigger pull infringement.

That's all I got without a video or seeing it in person.

B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Vulpes » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:20 pm

Thanks for the help, just picked up a huge lot of parts to fix the guns that are piling up on my desk. I'm going to just replace all the wiring and the switch with a new one now that its a much more simple problem.
Vulpes
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Vulpes » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:22 pm

Admin you are welcome to delete since immediate fixes (or the reasons for the problems) weren't found, topic is just clogging the forum now lol
Vulpes
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:42 pm

Nah, it's a good read.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Return to AEG/Electrics