M16A3: G&P vs. KWA

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

M16A3: G&P vs. KWA

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:11 pm

In this corner.... the G&P Supreme Grade Full Metal M16A3 weighing in at 6.8 pounds! http://www.evike.com/products/47924/

... and in this corner, the KWA Full Metal KM16BR weighing in at 7.7 pounds! http://www.evike.com/products/28994/

Which do you think is a better AEG stock out of the box(accuracy, range, life expectancy)? Which will result in a better upgraded AEG down the road (possible DMR platform)? Which will take a better beating (Rilea, weather, vodka)? This AEG would be used in outdoor games where distance is key. I am planning to use midcap mags & whatever battery works best for the respective gun, presumably a 9.6v.

I know there have been KWA vs. G&P threads before, but this is for currently available specific AEGs. What do YOU think? :evil: :x
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: M16A3: G&P vs. KWA

Postby Riddick » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:27 pm

get something with rails on it however I would tend to lean towards KWA but G&P is a great choice as well.
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:00 pm

Riddick wrote:get something with rails on it however I would tend to lean towards KWA but G&P is a great choice as well.

Why do you lean to KWA? What do you like about their product that you prefer it over G&P? Thanks, Riddick!
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Riddick » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:37 pm

Stateside customer support. 2GX gearbox is tough. Fit and finish very nice. My only complain is that their lowers can be picky on mags and I am not a fan of 2 piece hop up

G&P magwells can be sloppy and threads are CW. Pretty good gearbox but I'd take KWA over G&P anyday
Riddick

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:43 pm

Anyone else have an opinion? Is Riddick the only one who thinks about these things?
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jester316 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:25 pm

Ask Ogre about his 2 KWA M16's that he can't use anymore.

Ask Jew about his G&P M16.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Nark » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:32 pm

Riddick wrote:Stheir lowers can be picky on mags

but they do have really good mags so that' a plus.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jewish Ninja » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:04 pm

I have two G&P M based rifles.

I bought my Defender brand new from Airsoft Global about 6 years ago. When I got it, customs had opened the box, but failed to repack it properly. Because of this, the rifle arrived to me with play in the upper and lower, and caused the threading in the spring guide to warp, causing my stock to be at a 20~ degree angle. Since buying it, I've managed to break a selector plate, part of the receiver that supports the mag catch (JB weld fixed it) and that's it. The gear box is still stock. The entire gun is basically unchanged since I bought it, save for a Dee's TBB and a new selector plate. It's been to more games than I can count, treated rough, it's a great loaner gun, ROF is amazing with a 7.4v never mind an 11.1 etc. All in all, it's an amazing gun, in my top 3 favorite replicas that I own, and wouldn't trade it for anything.

When I bought it

How it is now

My M16 is even older, and I bought it used. It has had an easier life than my Defender, as I don't use it as often. I've broken the GB twice, once from use, and another time cracking out a bearing cut-out. None of the internals are stock, save for the motor and wiring. I replaced the complete hop-up assembly and barrel for accuracy. It had a higher ROF until AONW installed a CA high torque gearset to slow down the madness. Basically, it's been used less and cost me more. But it's still a great gun. I love how light it is, and the overall appearance of the thing.

Picture of it in action.

I even had a G&P Mk46 that was great too, but cost me even more than the M16 in repairs (go figure with a V2 GB SAW). So, the point of all this? Well, G&P can be amazing, or average. I personally would buy another G&P, despite and because of their track record. I love their externals, only rivaled by VFC. I feel like their stock setups are great, with good trigger response, perfect ROF, and great mag compatibility.

As far as KWA goes, I've never bought one of their AEGs in the 9 years I've been playing, so I can't speak to great lengths about them.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:18 pm

Awesome feedback, guys. Thank you very much for the input. Def would like all the educated/experienced ideas I can get :badgrin:
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ogrejager » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:01 am

Jester316 wrote:Ask Ogre about his 2 KWA M16's that he can't use anymore.

Ask Jew about his G&P M16.

This is not a fair comparison. I beat the HELL out of my KWAs, playing with them every time I played and averaging over 3,000 bb's a game with 11.1 lipos. By comparison, Jew has babied his G&P.

I upgraded the KWA's with TBB and buckings and then treated them as "mini-SAWs"--high rates of fire and sustained bursts. I had people from the other team tell me that my guns were "the scariest" they'd played against. They were accurate and had very good range. Eventually, though, both did crack the front of the gearbox and render them unplayable. Could I drop the money on a new gearbox (and I'm told the new ones are more reinforced) and use them again? Yes. I put the money into a CA M249 instead. In short, I really enjoyed playing with them. They were great tools on the field. Eventually, though, they did break. But I haven't owned an airsoft gun yet that hasn't broken.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Postby Riddick » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:21 am

There isn't a bad choice either way. Maybe price ends up being the deciding factor.
Riddick

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:08 pm

Two of my teammates are encouraging the KWA route in addition to the opinions here. Aside Jewish Ninja's input, I also have a thumbs-up on the G&P from a technician with my Arkansas team.

I was originally leaning towards G&P, but a greater number of more experienced players are recommending the KWA. I will likely pony up a few more dollars for KWA & move on with life. After all, the primary function of this item is to launch plastic at middle school kids & very tall, bearded children.
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics