Choosing upgrade parts

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Choosing upgrade parts

Postby Tankwitch » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:37 pm

I'm in the process of choosing some upgrade parts for a gun. I'm looking to get around 15-18 RPS out of a new long shaft motor. I'm running a 400 fps set-up so I know I need a high torque motor but which one should I get?

I also want to get a new air nozzle to replace a broken one. I have a bore up cylinder, do I need a bore up air nozzle?
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Choosing upgrade parts

Postby weld » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:06 am

I just made a post about the same thing, but I did some reading and from what I can base off of other's experiences the SHS HT motor is a good one that doesn't break the bank. Like I said thats what I read from a couple other forums so if any of you other guys have better suggestions then feel free to correct me. pretty sure you can get that motor on amazon as well.
Whatever I tell you is probably wrong
weld
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.] » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:13 am

As far as motors go i personally love the Lonex A1, but they are spendy, I have used the matrix 3000 high torque from evike (http://www.evike.com/products/29144/) and have has good results with those also and they are only $38.25 on sale right now.

You should be able to use any nozzle, I like the SHS M4/AR Aluminum O-ring Air Nozzle from Brill armory (http://www.brillarmory.com/index.php?ma ... cts_id=112) I have found it has a good air seal, though depending on your gun you might have to sand the front down slightly.

Hope this helps
Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.]
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Tankwitch » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:16 pm

Thanks for the help. I know some of the basics of upgrading and tuning but don't have some of the arcane knowledge.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics