Airsoft Megastore Gun Builder

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Airsoft Megastore Gun Builder

Postby jmkovacich » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:23 am

I currently am getting a gun from the Airsoftmegastore Gun builder. It will be the M4 Rifle platform with a full black metal lower, the 13 inch metal key mod upper, and the fixed stock. I know the length of the gun will not be ideal for CQB but who cares. The Sniperz Den field is so open I couldn't care less. Anyways, I wanted to know if this gun "requires" a lipo battery. I know the gun will function will operate with other batteries besides lipo, but will long term use of non lipo batteries damage anything(strip gears, short something, etc)?
jmkovacich
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Airsoft Megastore Gun Builder

Postby Tankwitch » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:10 pm

You should be fine 20C-25C 7.4Volt li-poly. I would like to point out 13 inch barrels are perfect for CQB. It's about having a CQB rated FPS. I'd be careful about the FPS it maybe to high for field use in AP games.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Airsoft Megastore Gun Builder

Postby Payback » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:36 pm

No AEG requires a lipo only battery to work. No AEG requires a NIMH battery only to operate.

You won't cause any more damage using an 8.4v or 9.6v NIMH battery than you would with a 7.4v lipo. An 11.1v Lipo may cause more damage as will a 12v NIMH.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Return to AEG/Electrics