Need Inner Barrel Help

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Need Inner Barrel Help

Postby Damien » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:21 pm

So I am a bit new to messing around with internals on guns, and before I go and buy a new inner barrel for my gun, I want to know if there is a specific type of barrel for each gun, such as, is the inner barrel that one would put in a AK style gun different from that of a M4 variant?

I will explain what I plan on doing.
I have a Echo 1 GAT and was looking to put a mock suppressor on it (I know, that GAT doesn't come with a threaded barrel, I am getting an adapter) but I wanted to also put a longer inner barrel in it, and make the mock actually have a purpose. I am looking at a Madbull barrel (This one here: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5441) and was wondering if there is a difference between this inner barrel and any other, and I don't mean the bore, or length, I mean the outer shape of it. It says it is for a M4 but is that only because of the length, or is there a design difference I am missing.

Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question, but I don't want to start spending money on parts if what I want to use them for can't happen.
Damien
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Need Inner Barrel Help

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:26 pm

Call Yer local shop. ThunderKissNW in Vancouver, or Airsoft Outlet NorthWest in Cornelius.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Chainmail » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:17 pm

Inner barrels are not specific to a gun. Any inner barrel will work in most any gun, as long as it is not too long or to short for the gun you have, i.e. you wouldn't put a 500 mm barrel in an MP5.
Chainmail
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Damien » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:51 pm

Thank you for the advice. Just wanted to double check before I spend money on things that I might have ended up not being able to use.
Damien
Grunt
Grunt

Return to AEG/Electrics