Help me choose the right AEG.

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Help me choose the right AEG.

Postby jeos11 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:49 am

Hey guys! I have a little confusion an AEG rifle I am planning to buy. I had an ARES M4 which was damaged during one of the events and couldn' repair it. I thought of buying AK model to replace it for a while, but I think M4 suits me better. So I have decided to go with either ASG Defender4 Carbine or BERETTA ARX 160 – ELITE LEVEL – Black. Which of these will be a better choice according to your knowledge and experience?
jeos11
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Help me choose the right AEG.

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:03 am

Hey Jeos, welcome to AP.com!

I think most players end up having a great time with whatever they choose. If you are located in Oregon, a good move would be to check out similar models at local shops like Extreme Velocity, Thunderkiss NW, Airsoft Outlet NW, & Oregon Airsoft Arena before buying anything. This way, you can get your hands on something to see how it feels & get a good deal from someone that actually plays on the same fields.

The website you found these items on is actually based in Toronto, Canada. Are you based in Ontario?

At any rate, I am not familiar with ASG but have had good experiences with anything Elite Force. Also, the features of the Beretta seem pretty cool including the easy breakdown for cleaning/upgrading & the folding stock will be useful in the field as well as packing up for travel. It uses the M4 mags which is awesome & has rail space for days while that particular M4 only has a single short rail for the carry handle sight.

According to that Mach 1 Airsoft site, both AEGs have similar performance, so I would pick the one that looks more fun to shoot. I was able to find that same Beretta on Evike for about $100 less: http://www.evike.com/products/46840/

I personally use a KWA M16 & thoroughly enjoy it. Maybe someone can speak to the ASG products.

I hope this is helpful!
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby jeos11 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:34 pm

Thank you cruz for the detailed reply. I like Beretta one a little more and thinks it looks cooler. Looks like I can save $100 right there. I will keep looking to find a good price. :)
jeos11
Recruit
Recruit

Postby timmah » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Some quick searching says the ASG Defender in question, is a rebranded KWA. So it should be a decent rifle for you.

ASG for the most part, is just a re-brander much like Cybergun (though I think they are a lot more liked by players)
character density, n.: The number of very weird people in the office.
timmah
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics