OP Belligerence: Border Conflict

This forum is for events hosted by Airsoft Pacific or the Airsoft Pacific Strike Team (APST).

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:10 am

Just being that one guy. ;)
Bigfoot

Team: N/A

Postby Matt » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:26 am

I added 131 more photos to the gallery:
http://media.airsoftpacific.com/main.ph ... rence2010/
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Howard » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:44 am

thanks for the pic's Matt

when do you think the video will be done
Howard
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Braddock » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:45 am

I also added a few pics of the Green Beret team in our hide.
Braddock

Postby TexMex » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:56 am

Looks like he camera man did not like me this event. :)

I saw a guy running around with a video camera. Should we expect an OP: Belligerence video?
"You forget what you want to remember, but remember what you want to forget."

http://dunedainrangers.ning.com/

TexMex aka Petey
TexMex
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Matt » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:34 am

Yes, expect a video. I'm not sure how busy Wes is but I believe he'll be editing it. The video will be done from 3 weeks to 3 years, somewhere in there. :D
Matt

Postby Variable » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:57 am

If you paypal Wes a few bucks he'll get it done faster.
Variable

Postby TexMex » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:54 am

This video better be prettty damn good :)
"You forget what you want to remember, but remember what you want to forget."

http://dunedainrangers.ning.com/

TexMex aka Petey
TexMex
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Shepherd56 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:28 pm

That video better have Ace's grenade kill on it! He killed 8 Chad forces and the camera man!
"It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, but only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze"
Shepherd56
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Shepherd56 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:19 am

Not trying to sound demanding lol. just excited
"It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, but only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze"
Shepherd56
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:13 pm

Shepherd56 wrote:That video better have Ace's grenade kill on it! He killed 8 Chad forces and the camera man!

I can't remember if I was rolling the camera or not. If I was then it will be in the video. If not, sorry charlie.

I do except donations. :D I won't be able to get started until after spring break which is next week for me, not this week. I also have the Faction Wars video to get cracking on.
Bigfoot

Postby Pharaoh 6 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:06 pm

To the player on the Chad forces or SF team who was so upset that my buddy and I didn't die at the end of the game when he threw a tennis ball into our bunker. I questioned your integrity because you used a tennis ball as a grenade (which is gay by the way!). You yelled at me to read the forums and then a buddy behind you told us if we didn't like the rules to not come.

Here is a quote from Matt's post in the rebel forum about grenade rules.

GRENADE RULES
- Grenades can be simulated with non-metal "soft" dummy grenade, training flashbang and distraction devices, manufactured Airsoft fragmentation grenade devices such as the Tornado, or a foam projectile from an M203 launcher.

- If a grenade lands in a bunker or observation post you occupy, you have been hit and should call "HIT" as if being hit by a BB - EVEN IF the device doesn't produce a blast of BBs.

- Since it's hard to gauge distances, Grenades should not be used in open areas, but rather as bunker clearing devices.

- Grenades cannot be picked up and thrown back at the enemy. To keep it simple, once a dummy grenade lands it has detonated - you are hit.

- ABSOLUTELY NO HOMEMADE PYRO IS ALLOWED

- DO NOT USE distraction devices, training flashbangs or other devices in the parking lot or camping areas. They must only be discharged in the field during gameplay.

- SMOKE: Smoke may only be allowed for admin use, depending on weather conditions. While it's highly likely we can use it, we will need to make the final call on the day of the game.

Funny I don't see tennis ball listed in there. Next time YOU should read the forums before getting all upset. Additionally here is a piece of advice for you. If you throw a grenade and it bounces off the structure and lands back on top of you....that means your dead! You can't pick it up and re-throw it. One of my dead teammates called you on it and apparently you lacked the integrity to play fair.

P6
Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand.
Colin Powell
Pharaoh 6
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby Beran » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:13 pm

tennis balls are well accepted as grenade simulations. have been for years. its similar in size to an M67, inexpensive, and brightly colored so easy to see that someone tossed one at you, and to find later on. its also light and soft enough that its not going to hurt anyone if it hits them. not every game does grenade rules, but its a great way to keep things from bogging down around buildings. like i said at the game, if you don't like the rules, don't come to the event. or better yet, realize and accept that its a game, you respawn when you die, and move on with your life. go spend five bucks on a three pack of tennis balls and blow someone else up. i got grenade killed two or three times on sunday, and you don't see me throwing a huge fit about it.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Postby Matt » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:28 pm

I don't much care for tennis balls used as grenades - it's kinda lame, and what's to stop anybody from using ANY throwable object as a grenade? there's plenty of "lookalike" dummy grenades out there that are not metal.
Matt

Postby Chachi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Just to clarify, the grenade idea came from a post on the Chad forum from our CO:

Chad/Allied Soldiers will Need:
1. All for your usual gear.
2. Grenades of some kind, 4 per soldier would be ideal, you can use tennis balls.
3. Radio and head set (requested but not neccesary)

I had some on hand, but never used them. Really, not much different from a Nerf mini football (Howler) to a tennis ball.
"The true object of all human life, is play" -GK Chesterton
"Happiness only real when shared" -Christopher Johnson McCandless
Chachi
Ranger
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Official Airsoft Pacific Events