OP Belligerence: Border Conflict

This forum is for events hosted by Airsoft Pacific or the Airsoft Pacific Strike Team (APST).

Postby Shepherd56 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:41 pm

If you guys want dummy grenades, I'm sure we can get them made for you quite easily and quickly, I'll have to talk to Reaper about that. I think its $5 or $7.
"It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, but only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze"
Shepherd56
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby Matt » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:45 pm

I guess, but a howler has to be fired from an M203 or a mortar tube. Like Josh said, anybody can have a $3 pack of tennis balls. I just think it's kinda cheesy if we're all throwing tennis balls at each other - MAGIC MISSILE!

If there's hard plastic, rubber, and soft foam dummy grenade replicas available why not use those? Hell we spend $1000s on other gear to look right - why skimp on grenades?
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Beran » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Matt wrote:I don't much care for tennis balls used as grenades - it's kinda lame, and what's to stop anybody from using ANY throwable object as a grenade? there's plenty of "lookalike" dummy grenades out there that are not metal.

if tennis balls are dissalowed as grenades it should be specifically clarified in the future. i carry a couple even though i rarely use them, and i know a lot of other people do too. also id rather have someone chuck a soft 2oz tennis ball at me than a hard plastic 10oz tornado. 8oz may not seem like much, but that's five times heavier. ive been hit in the head with a thunder b grenade at the CQC competitions, and that seemingly light weight sure feels like a lot more than it is when its sailing through the air at your face.

what about painting them to more closely resemble M67s?

the spoon assembly would be neat too, maybe made out of high density foam and secured to the body.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Postby SilentStalker » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Look at Mil Sim labs they have foam replicas of hand grenades, Stick grenades and mortars all made from foam and some that use a cap from a kids cap gun to make a snap when they hit the ground. Just a thought.
Here is a link to the foam ordance Mil Sim labs offers. http://www.milsimlabs.com/foam%20ordance.html

I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity

- Robert E. Lee
SilentStalker
Ranger
Ranger

Postby TexMex » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:07 pm

If tennis balls are not accepted at an AP match, it should be stated clearly. I posted that ALL Chad forces equp themselves with grenades. Tennis balls were an easy alternative. I will make sure to double check next time but I didnt see a problem with it at the time.

As for the arguement for the grenade kill. Just call yourself out and respawn. Its not a big deal.
"You forget what you want to remember, but remember what you want to forget."

http://dunedainrangers.ning.com/

TexMex aka Petey
TexMex
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Matt » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Agreed Josh. If painted to look like a grenade, I think they would be cool. Remember guys - it's all a big fashion show.
Matt

Postby Catch22 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:07 pm

Most games I've been to, tennis balls are not accepted as grenades.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Pharaoh 6 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Beran wrote:tennis balls are well accepted as grenade simulations. have been for years. its similar in size to an M67, inexpensive, and brightly colored so easy to see that someone tossed one at you, and to find later on. its also light and soft enough that its not going to hurt anyone if it hits them. not every game does grenade rules, but its a great way to keep things from bogging down around buildings. like i said at the game, if you don't like the rules, don't come to the event. or better yet, realize and accept that its a game, you respawn when you die, and move on with your life. go spend five bucks on a three pack of tennis balls and blow someone else up. i got grenade killed two or three times on sunday, and you don't see me throwing a huge fit about it.

Beran,

I think you've missed the train on this one. The point I am making is that in the rules for the rebels and the event as a whole nowhere does it say tennis balls are allowed. I agree with the usage of grenades, but if tennis balls have been the norm for grenade substitutes down there then you guys need to let us new guys know that. For you and that other player to tell us to read the rules or not come is unprofessional. I read the rules and even quoted them here. No tennis balls are mentioned. Obviously now I see the problem. Chad forces were authorized the usage of tennis balls by another player. All this was done in the private forums to which we rebels had no access to.

Instead of encouraging me to accept the rules (as unstated as they are) or just not come to the event makes you come across like an elitist who is unwilling to work with new players who don't know the unpublished rules of airsoft with AP.

My friends and I will continue to come to events down there because quite frankly AP hosts the best events around and everytime we leave we feel we got more than our money's worth. Yes it is just a game and nothing more. I wasn't upset that I was killed, just that we weren't priviledged to the same rule set as you guys.

No harm done. Just try to be a little more understanding in the future.

P6
Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand.
Colin Powell
Pharaoh 6
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby Beran » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:45 pm

i probably did misunderstand, ive been here for a long time and have understood that tennis balls were acceptable as a grenade sims because they have been used frequently in the past and for games with grenade rules generally fall under the "if its similar in shape to a grenade but wont cave someones head in if it hits them, it works" idea, which granted is not terribly well specified. my seeming "elitism" was mostly based on the what i witnessed in your reactions on the field afterwards. the impression i got was "tennis ball grenades are stupid, and you are a fag for using them" which is not verbatim, but it was along those lines. since it was my understanding that they were acceptable, it appeared to me that you just considered yourself too cool to abide by the same rules as everyone else, hence my reaction.

looking back, it was probably an overreaction on both sides and i apologize for my end of it.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Postby Helo » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:44 pm

BaldEagle wrote:Second favorite: "Give us all cards or we hose you all!", "There's no admin named Helio, lets hose them all!"

I have warm fuzzy feelings for both of these moments for those of you who know what I'm talking about.

Heh. The look on his face when y'all got right behind me was priceless. I've never seen someone go from really angry to sheer terror so fast :D
That Australian Guy
Helo
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Pharaoh 6 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:11 pm

Cool beans. I myself won't carry tennis balls, but next time one roles up on me at least I'll know why.

By the way that last firefight in the village was the highlight of the game for us. We found ourselves thoughly impressed by all the Chad forces that surrounded us. You had fire superiority, good manuevering and we were even surprised to see you guys stack on the door and flow in.

We do all this for a living so we were quite impressed.

P6 out
Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand.
Colin Powell
Pharaoh 6
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby Raging Hormann » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:21 pm

Helo wrote:
BaldEagle wrote:Second favorite: "Give us all cards or we hose you all!", "There's no admin named Helio, lets hose them all!"

I have warm fuzzy feelings for both of these moments for those of you who know what I'm talking about.

Heh. The look on his face when y'all got right behind me was priceless. I've never seen someone go from really angry to sheer terror so fast :D

That was indeed awesome!
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Postby D_SKILLZ » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:34 pm

Pharaoh 6 wrote:Cool beans. I myself won't carry tennis balls, but next time one roles up on me at least I'll know why.

By the way that last firefight in the village was the highlight of the game for us. We found ourselves thoughly impressed by all the Chad forces that surrounded us. You had fire superiority, good manuevering and we were even surprised to see you guys stack on the door and flow in.

We do all this for a living so we were quite impressed.

P6 out
I was one of the navy acu guys that sneaked back to the village behind enemy lines with your group. I gotta say, that was one of the most exciting adrenaline rushes of my life. We tromped through the thickets, a knee high creek, and layed in a field to avoid enemies and a truck, only to make a mad dash to the village where we took out more chad forces then the 8 guys we had in our little group. It was an honor playing with you guys, hope to see you all again.
D_SKILLZ
Recruit
Recruit

Postby ReaperPJ91 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:12 pm

For my 2 cents on the use of grenades. I think that since we are playing mil-sim and that most if not all of our gear and weapons are as realistic as possible that the grenades should also be that way. I don't mind the use of tennis balls as long as they are painted to look real and like Matt said looks are a big part of it. Our team(SOBOS 3rd Pararescue) had about 10 or so replica rubber grenades for the game.

As long as it's ok with Matt and the guys from AP I can check to see how much the rubber grenades cost that we carry and if any one wants them and you will cover the cost of the grenades and shipping I will get them for any of you as long as the guy that makes them is willing. They usually cost about 5 to 7 dollars a piece.
"That Others May Live"
ReaperPJ91
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ReaperPJ91 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:16 pm

Pharaoh6 you guys rock! We had so much fun playing with you guys and the rest of the rebels! I hope that we can play on the same team again soon!
"That Others May Live"
ReaperPJ91
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Official Airsoft Pacific Events