Mil Sim Field Exercise August 6,7, 2011

This forum is for events hosted by Airsoft Pacific or the Airsoft Pacific Strike Team (APST).

Mil Sim Field Exercise August 6,7, 2011

Postby Variable » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Airsoft Training Academy presents:
Two Day Mil-Sim Field Exercise
August 6-7, 2011
2634 Lorence rd, Silverton, OR
Pre-registration ONLY, sign up as a team or join a pickup team
Please carpool as much as possible, parking is limited
Cost: $1

EDIT:
Pics I took: http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg15 ... se%202011/
Highlight Reel:

Snowman's pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 773&type=1

Situation:
You are part of the 1-337th. Your company is engaging in a field exercise in Silverton, Oregon. This is a joint exercise between regular infantry and Special Target Acquisition (STA) teams. As Infantry this exercise will test your ability to operate within a command structure and complete basic battle drills against members of your company. As an STA member you will collect intelligence on Infantry movement and attempt to complete several assassination missions without being compromised.

How to register:
Register as a squad or as an STA team.
Post how many are with you, and what your cool name is. For example: Team Awesome Cougars (12), or STA team, Jack Johnson and John Jackson

Age limt: 14+
Any minor must have their waiver signed by their parent/guardian. At all times during the game the minor must accompany an adult player who is responsible for their actions. Adult players cannot watch over more than one minor.

When you arrive on site, get your gear ready and go through chrono and registration with your squad, then hurry up and wait for the next thing to happen. Squad leaders will be responsible for checking their shooter’s gear. If you get into the field and someone is lacking a piece of gear (dead rag for instance), they will have to do pushups or dance for the amusement of the company commander.

Briefing:
The briefing will be held for all Platoon leaders, Squad Leaders, and STA teams. The regular infantry leaders will brief their troops afterwards. A safety briefing for everyone will be conducted.

Safety rules:
Standard AP safety rules apply ( http://airsoftpacific.com/content.php?page=2 ), however fixed blade knives will be allowed for utility sake due to the nature of the event.

FPS Rules:
Automatics, Semi-automatics: 400fps or lower, measured with a .2g BB

Bolt Action/Single action rifles: 550fps or lower, measured with a .2g BB

Pickup Squads:
If you aren’t part of a team, find people who want to form a pick up squad and elect someone to lead.

Leadership roles:
As squads sign up, Platoon leaders will be chosen or nominated as needed.

Leadership support roles:
There will be several roles announced in support of the Company Commander and Executive Officer.

Infantry squads:
6-12 members. Any mixture of automatic/semi-automatic airsoft replicas that meet the velocity standards. NATO Infantry impressions highly recommended.

STA teams:
1-3 members. Any mixture of bolt action replicas and automatic/semi-automatic airsoft replicas that meet the velocity standards. Ghillie suits similar camouflage highly recommended.

Ammo constraints:
For any automatic/semi-automatic, you may only have 300rds in magazine at a given time. For SAW platforms, you may have one autowinding mag full. You will be told when you can reload.

Timeline:
August 6
1600-1700: show up on site, gear up, chrono, get ready
1700: Leadership briefing. Safety briefing. STA teams take the field
1730 (approx): Infantry takes the field. Game on.
August 7
1200: End exercise. Go get chow and stink up some restaurant.

General Packing List:
Primary replica, ammo, mags, batteries, tac-light for primary
Eyepro, and eyepro you can sleep in
Glowstick AND deadrag (these are required items)
Sleeping gear
Cool weather gear (it gets kinda chilly at night when you aren’t moving)
Folding shovel (one per squad)
Food, water (if you aren’t sure how much to bring or what to bring, do some research)
Flashlight x 2. One red filtered. Extra batteries

Extra items for leadership and STA teams:
GMRS/FRS radio(s), extra batteries
Compass
Pen/pad of paper

Photo crew:
There will be embedded photo/video journalists. You’re all camera-whores so this is your chance to look cool on camera.

Missions:
Missions will be assigned dynamically. You will be patrolling and conducting battle drills with/against your mates while being hunted by and hunting STA teams.

Suggested reading:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... index.html
http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/P ... ordi.shtml

Roster:

(Platoons will be organized on gameday)
APST
TFS/PSC(13)
Parrett Mt. Commandos (5)
Fragistan ( ?)
SOTA
Phantom Fury
Pickup Squad 1 (SL-TechGeek001, Technicality, Strikerz+3, IMP)

STA Teams:
Fragistan x 2
CAG
Open
Last edited by Variable on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:41 am, edited 26 times in total.
Variable

Team: APST

Postby Variable » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:47 pm

Questions from readers:

Q: Which side do we sign up for?
A: There is only one "side". Squads or Platoons will be broken off to play the OPFOR. Everyone will take a crack at being the OPFOR.

Q: I'm a Elite Sniper Delta Seal Ranger. Should I sign up for an STA slot or bring my team of Power-Rangers as a squad?
A: Its up to you, would you rather participate in a Platoon Assault, hasty defense, patrol, or would you rather spend 20 hours getting bugs in your pants for the chance to make one shot?

Q: How many admins are there? Do you need an extra admin?
A: There won't be any traditional admin. Each Squad Leader, Platoon Leader, the Executive Officer, and the Company Commander are the admins.

Q: I don't have a team but I really want to do this. What can I do?
A: There's a pick up squad for independent players.

Q: Will there be shooting going on at night? What if I need my beauty sleep?
A: There will be shooting at night, although you will be given a chance to catch a few Z's.

Q: Will we be going back to the cars to camp, eat or reload?
A: No. Bring it with you if you need it. We're eating, sleeping, reloading and shitting tactically. Going back to the cars is for emergencies, or if you have to leave for some reason.

Q: Will there be a place to recharge batteries?
A: No. Bring enough batteries. Although given the nature of the game, don't expect to be shooting as much as you do during a normal skirm, or game at a paintball field.

Q: Can we bring night vision equipment?
A: If you have it, you can bring it and use it.

Q: What constitutes "Eyewear you can sleep in"?
A: Depending on how much you thrash around when you're asleep, it could be normal safety glasses, or goggles that are held on by an elastic band.

Q: Can we use intrasquad radios or is this going to stress SL-only radio use at the Squad level?
A: Intrasquad radios are fine. I just don't want every joe on the field being on the command/admin channel.

Q: How is the gameplay going to work?
A: In a nutshell: You'll spend some time patrolling for (and getting hunted by) the STA teams. During this time you will be run through lanes to practice/learn basic battle drills, both as students and opfor. The nighttime exercise will allow for some downtime, if you aren't on guard duty, patrol duty, or an STA team.

Q: Why the weird rules about each minor needing a sponsor in the field?
A: Because its an overnight game with slightly increased risk compared to several hour long skirms. Not all minors need a babysitter, but I don't want to take a chance and have someone cramp up and die.

Q: Can I show up for just Saturday or just Sunday?
A: No. The idea is that this goes without stopping, its Mil-Sim, and generally in the military you don't get to leave if you're tired or have to go to another job.

Q: Can you clarify the "300 round" rule?
A: You may have 300 rounds loaded in magazines (whatever type you choose) at any given time. You will be given opportunities to reload. This isn't a spray and pray skirm.
Space reserved for future WTF.
Last edited by Variable on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Variable

Postby Switch » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:09 am

I'm there, as long as I can get the days off.
"The God of War hates those who hesitate"
--> Euripides, 480-406 b.c
Switch
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Wisenheimer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:58 am

OPEN CALL FOR VIDEO CREW/EQUIPMENT

We'll be shooting video for this one, but we need your help!

If you have:

A video camera with NV
A stick/helmet camera
A hunting/game video camera
Audio field gear (wireless lav, small digital audio recorder?)
Interest in playing Embedded Cameraman.

Should be awesome!
Wisenheimer
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Blitzkreig » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:30 pm

I am highly interested in this. Anyone else that is and needs a group PM me, I will be a valiant squad member in an experienced group. Only for the normal soldiers though, I'm not 1337 enough to be SF. And I need a responsible adult to look after me. I promise I won't wonder off.

I have never pooped in the woods before. This should be fun!
Last edited by Blitzkreig on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
So long as there are men, there will be wars.
-Albert Einstein
Blitzkreig
Soldier
Soldier

Postby quigly » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:38 pm

I'm in for a STA squad if a pair of people want a third guy. Is this AO going to be like the one at the original one where peoples got upsidedown by the woods?
My father once told me, "Some times all you have is a bullet and a prayer, don't miss."
quigly
Specops
Specops

Postby Variable » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Quigly: Are you asking if its like Galice where there were injuries due to terrain?
No, this terrain is somewhat easier.
Variable

Postby Juicemachine » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:02 pm

Aaaaahhhhh shazaam. I wanna go. I might be visiting family, though. Put me down as a maybe; this looks awesome.
2009's Most Improved Player
Author of the best post of 2010
Juicemachine

Team: {FAG}

Postby Juicemachine » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Aaaaahhhhh shazaam. I wanna go. I might be visiting family, though. Put me down as a maybe; this looks awesome.
2009's Most Improved Player
Author of the best post of 2010
Juicemachine

Team: {FAG}

Postby BoogeyMan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:44 pm

Count me in - and I'd be willing to lead an STA element
BoogeyMan

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Variable » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 am

Juice: get Fragistan to put a squad together for this.
Sheepdog: Have fun getting bugs in your pants. Lemme know when you have your second shooter.
Variable

Postby Darius137 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Variable wrote:Quigly: Are you asking if its like Galice where there were injuries due to terrain?
No, this terrain is somewhat easier.

Ahhh, that was us. I don't think it was the terrain at all. We were well out of bounds when we decided to get back in bounds by crossing a canyon with steep sides and Gummy Bears (old 82nd airborne guy with graham cracker ankles from jumping) popped something.

Also, I think CAG will put up an STA team and a Squad. I'll ask them on our forums.

Question: Can we use intrasquad radios or is this going to stress SL-only radio use at the Squad level?
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Variable » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Darius137 wrote:Also, I think CAG will put up an STA team and a Squad. I'll ask them on our forums.

Question: Can we use intrasquad radios or is this going to stress SL-only radio use at the Squad level?

Intrasquad radios are fine, I just don't want every joe on the field on the command/admin channel.
Variable

Postby Mongrol » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:29 pm

Il most likely be there. At the moment pick up squad for STA. Il have a bolt and hopefully will have another two people for my squad.
Formerly Jaydork
Mongrol
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mongrol » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:35 pm

Il most likely be there. At the moment pick up squad for STA. Il have a bolt and hopefully will have another two people for my squad.
Formerly Jaydork
Mongrol
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Official Airsoft Pacific Events