Cheap Sniper Rifles and the Noob 2.0 & 2.5 ( page 3)

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Postby Seagreen » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Oh, that barrel? :] I'm still rocking them out for those that are in need....it's just a matter of a PM and a transaction. :]
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby silentscope » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:36 am

CBeran wrote:In my experience shorter barrels do not inherently mean lesser accuracy. VSR 10s only have 430mm barrels and you can achieve pretty amazing accuracy with that platform. As far as a sawed off M700, you will have more issues dealing with the gas inconsistency than with the length of the barrel.
Im not sure that it was an M700, but some sort of like allike. And i would like to get a spring-bolt action not gas. thanks.
War dose not determine who is right, only who is left.
silentscope
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby KA-BAR » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:11 am

CHEAP SNIPER RIFLES AND THE NEWB 2.5

UPDATE.

well as many of you know i have complied some information for you guys, so that you can make the best purchase for your dollar. i have owned or still do own almost every model and company that i have spoken about and all this information comes to you at my cost. not one manufaturer has ever sent me product to review, so i have spent all of my own dollars, and am free to say what i want, and speak the truth be it good or bad about any one product, and do not have to boast false claims, because i am not trying to sell you anything. i give just the hard cold facts that i have found out through trial and error, and personal experience. i stuck my neck & my hard earned dollars on the line for you.

with that said.

I just Traded for one of the new Echo 1 M28 sniper rifle packages from a user here ( airsoft 101) who had purchased the replica new off a website, and decided sniping wasnt the type of game play he wanted to persue.

i am going to say right now, that the E1 M28 is THE sniper rifle package to purchase. there is no other that you will find on the market that come so complete out of the box. i am not just talking about a 500/520 FPS weapon out of the box. i am talking about ALL of the features that E1 has provided you with for a low price of $175...

thats right i said it. $175. and what do you get for your money? a fuckin SHIT TON of standard features that would be considered aftermarket parts for any other platform out there, hands down.

rock solid stock. thing is built like a war horse. it has a faux mag well in the propper location, aside from the forward mag well where your actual magazine goes. reciver is held in with three screw points instead of two like most other manufaturers.

all metal fluted outter barrel
metal trigger guard
HARDEND STEEL SEAR SET!
the hop up/inner barrel assembly is MONSTER!
metal bolt handle
threaded barrel cap
threaded Suppressor adapter
one of the best harris style bi pods i have ever seen, with shorty legs.

the inner barrel assembly is the best one i have seen on the market.

it comes standard with three PLASTIC barrel bushings that have O-Rings, and i have never ever seen a company do this for the end user. barrel bushings usually have to be purchased or made. this is a HUGE upgrade normaly, it comes standard with the E1 M28.

the only plastic parts i found on this gun that need replacing are the following.

piston
spring guide

and thats IT. seriously. only those two items.

all this gun really needs is a tightbore upgrade. the gun will run forever on the plastic piston / spring guide, so there is really no need to upgrade them. but the barrel MUST be a tightbore!

you will be hard pressed to find anything out there from any manufactuerer, that will cost you under $200, that is this set up, ready for play, out of the box.

alot of people say this is a rebrand of the javelin, they could not be more wrong. the manufactureer of this platform is a company called AEG ( airsoft electric guns) that is the name of the company. rumor has it that the company used to be JG before the chinese crackdown and are now renamed AEG. this company has supplied the platform to snow wolf and and another company has rebranded it also ( thanks riddick for the info) so it is a rebrand, E1 did not "Make" this platform.

when matched up side by side comparision to the javelin, there is none.....E1( AEG) takes the cake hands down.

when matched up to a CA M24, it also beats out the platform in price, quality and upgrades, there is no contest here either... M28 wins.

Home Modifications for Sniper rifles.

Bedding your Inner barrel.
i have seen various methods for stabilizing or bedding the inner barrel within the outer barrel of your platform. doing so will provide you with a much more stable shot, and increased accuracy. these mods are a must for those that have very long inner barrels. this will prevent barrel vibration, caused by several factors in your rifle.

Foam
alot of people use foam spacers. some of the manufatureers use cheap a$$ flimsy foam spacers and give you like 2 of them. they flop around and are generally speaking huge pieces of trash. some people have made custom foam barrel spacers to great effect. Jester316 has a full length foam Barrel "snake" that he created to stabilize his inner barrel. i though this was a brilliant idea. so that lead me to the idea of spray foam, i have not tried this personally, but i am sure that it is a sound theory.

another foam project is, to go get some foam insulation, i belive it comes in a airisol can. once you have your inner barrel in position, you spray the foam into your outter barrel until it is filled to the desired amount, then while the foam has not set, you adjust your inner barrel and let sit to cure. once the foam hardens, you will now have a rock solid bedding , that will not move. to remove the inner barrel from the outer after this mod is done, is a little tricky. if you have a rubber mallet i would suggest this so as to not damage the crown on your inner barrel. give it a few taps and it should come free.

Barrel Waxing.

much like the technique i just stated with teh foam isulation, Barrel waxing involves the same technique. first you melt down some wax. once you have that, you wrap your innder barrel in one layer of wax/butchers paper. you then seal off near the end of the hop up chamber, so that when the assembly is inserted into the outer barrel, there will be a airtight seal, closing off access to the hop up from the top down. this seal is very important, because you will be pouring hot wax into the outer barrel, and you do not want it leaking past your seal and into your hop up.

once you have your seal set, you will pour the hot wax into the outer barrel. before the wax sets, adjust your inner barrel to the desired position and let cure. once the wax is set, you will have a bedded inner barrel. tapping the assembly with a rubber mallet will also loosen it free.

both of these modifications are expert level, do not try them if you are unsure of your skill sets. waxing will put some extra wieght onto your barrel making your gun somewhat nose heavy.

i also suggest not doing these mods if you plan to get a tightbore barrel. you are just creating more work for yourself.

here is a video of the Echo 1 M28 sniper package.

please, i hope you enjoyed this article, and were able to make a purchase based off your own experinces and information i have gathered and compiled here for you.

KA-BAR out
Last edited by KA-BAR on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby KA-BAR » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:41 am

wow, lame double post.

ill think of some other update to put here, this is just a place holder!

LOL
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Jester316 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:59 am

Morgan I'll get a couple pictures of my barrel spacers later today to give you a visual to go with the words.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby KA-BAR » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:00 am

thanks brother.
KA-BAR

Postby Blender » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:06 am

In my opinion if u want a good base sniper u should get an echo 1 m28
What do you fight for?
I don't hate Mossy, I just hate the fact he has more gear than me.
Blender
Soldier
Soldier

Team: C.A.T

Postby ogrejager » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:48 am

Fair enough, Morgan.
Last edited by ogrejager on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Postby KA-BAR » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:50 am

please don't start this shit in a sticky.

this is here to be informative. wanna do this shit, go somewhere else, like off topic.
KA-BAR

Postby Jester316 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:53 am

Barrel Spacers:

Barrel spacers in a bolt action rifle are meant to keep the barrel from vibrating when the piston slams home in the firing sequence. There are many different methods of creating these spacers, but they all use the same principle: energy transfer. A proper spacer will place the inner barrel in direct contact with the outer barrel. By doing this, any vibration of the inner barrel is transferred to the outer barrel, and thus reduces accuracy loss.

Key things to think of with a barrel spacer:
-overall diameter
-rigidity
-length
-weight

The overall diameter is crucial in that if it's too narrow, it won't touch the outer barrel. Too large and it will force the inner barrel out of alignment. Length determines how much contact there will be with the outer barrel. Weight is crucial so you don't end up carrying a ridiculously front heavy weapon.

Many people use electrical tape to make their spacers. One of the downsides I saw with this, was that it required a lot of trial and error. Even if you are 1/2 wrap to wide, it'll be very difficult to insert/remove the barrel. In addition the glue may melt in hotter climates, and leave the inner workings a sticky mess. Personally used 1" thick closed cell foam, used to pack computers (also known as CD30 foam). To make the spacers, I used the outer barrel (with no internals to it) to punch the circles the exact size needed. I than used a screw driver to punch a hole in the center of those circles. Slip them on the inner barrel, and insert the whole thing into the outer barrel. Due to the compressibility of the foam, the tapered nature of the outer barrel on my TSD M700 (VSR-10 clone) shrunk the spacers to fit inside.

After installing the spacers, I noticed an increase in my shot to shot consistency. This is a cheap upgrade for those who want to get the most out of their bolt action, and have the know-how to do it.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby KA-BAR » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:57 am

nice addition jester!

i like the idea of spray foam insulation for a tighter fit. its much better then waxing a barrel into place.

your method is very doable for most people.

i am going to try spray foam as soon as i find the right product to use for this method.
KA-BAR

Postby Jester316 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:07 pm

KA-BAR wrote:nice addition jester!

i like the idea of spray foam insulation for a tighter fit. its much better then waxing a barrel into place.

your method is very doable for most people.

i am going to try spray foam as soon as i find the right product to use for this method.

I thought of this too, but was very apprehensive about it. You have to have the inner barrel in the gun to do it, and with the expanding nature of the foam, I'd be worried that it would some how seep into the hop up area. In addition to that, the spray foam seems like it would bond with the inner/outer barrels, effectively gluing them together making removal near impossible.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby KA-BAR » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:12 pm

yea, this is a new method....

i belive much like the waxing procedure, you must seal off the lower part of the assembly so that no materials leak past the point you say "stop here".
KA-BAR

Postby Gilbs750 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Ya thanks for the info KA-Bar because im planning on getting a echo 1 m28 and wanted to know what i needed to upgrade
Gilbs750
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Patrick750 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:26 pm

So what separates that $175 echo 1 from those $500 ares and maruzen snipers? would you say the echo 1 is a better rifle?
A dirty Pantac is a happy Pantac
Patrick750
Specops
Specops

PreviousNext

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers