G&G G96 bolt problems

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

G&G G96 bolt problems

Postby Mivy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:31 pm

So I just traded for this G&G G96 the L96 GBB rifle, and it was all good until I pulled the bolt back and it fell out, I can put it back in and it works fine it just won't stay in. Is there any way to fix this? when I look around the chamber there's no nub or anything that would catch the bolt and nothing appears to have broken off.
Mivy
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: G&G G96 bolt problems

Postby pathfinder » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:27 am

there is a really really small brass bolt pin. if you were for some reason cycling the bolt with the gun in a strange position, there is a possibility that you had this bolt retaining pin drop out of its slot. it that happens, you will get the results that you just described.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZVy_nHeJWs
Promoters who charge $40 for a game they just copy and paste, does not give a crap about you, they care about money.
pathfinder
Soldier
Soldier

Team: DRAT

Postby Mivy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Being G&G they have a different type of bolt. The bolt does function fully, whatever they used to keep the bolt to continue from sliding back when cocking the rifle is no longer there or is not functioning. It is also a gas gun.
Mivy
Recruit
Recruit

Postby shogun » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:00 am

your bolt lock spring has probably slipped out of place, its on the side of your trigger pack. you can see it in the exploded diagram in the manual the lock and the spring are on the right with assembly G96-01 http://www.airsplat.com/Manuals/GR-GG-G96-5.jpg
shogun
Specops
Specops

Team: SOTA

Postby little_ghost » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi guys!
I'm having the same problem as the original threat starter.

After pushing the bolt release button (in front of the trigger) the part that holds it in pace does not go back to its original position. The only way to do this is by taking the top part of, pushing it back in place and reassemble the rifle.

To me it looks like there's either something wrong with the position of the small spring or it's not strong enough.
To rule out the first, I looked at the picture/diagram in the manual and the one online but this is to small for any conclusion to be drawn.

Is there someone here who has the rifle and does NOT have the problem mentioned above and is willing to take a picture of the bolt release mechanism (the part with the spring in particular)?

Hope someone is willing and able to help!

Kind regards!
little_ghost
Recruit
Recruit

Postby little_ghost » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:15 am

Contacted G&G Armament. This is not a "problem", it is supposed to be like that.
I told them it was very inconvenient and it could easily be fixed with some modifications but just so you know:
It's supposed to work like this.
little_ghost
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers