Ares ms338 & ms700

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Ares ms338 & ms700

Postby Screach » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:32 am

Hey guys, im looking into the new Ares ms338, and I've heard many mixed reviews regarding upgradability, accuracy and magazine problems, can anyone give some clarity to the actual performance of this gun? Thanks in advance!
"For Gad and country"
Screach
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Ares ms338 & ms700

Postby Beran » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:17 pm

I have both the ARES MSR-003 (L96A1) and MSR-004 (DSR-1). They are AWESOME wallhangers but terrible guns for play. They are EXTREMELY heavy and unwieldy, and performance is nowhere near what it could be out of the box. There is a reason they retail in the $800 range but you can find them for sale on the private market barely used for $200. People buy them thinking they are awesome, then they bring them to a game and realize how unpractical they are as a skirmish gun. Performance wise they are alright, but not as good as some other long range guns on the market. If they were outstanding performance machines I could forgive the ridiculous weight, but since they are average they make better centerpieces than field guns. Very detailed and realistic looking though.

If you want to go the route of a gas sniper rifle, get a KJW M700 instead. Light, accurate, easy to work on and lots of upgrade and replacement parts. Mine is easily capable of hits at 300-350 feet and is nearly silent with a foam filled suppressor.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Re: Ares ms338 & ms700

Postby Marpat » Sat May 11, 2013 10:13 pm

do not get the gun unless you either have an upgraded vsr model to take parts out of or the cash to buy upgrade parts. from my research, the only good internal part in the gun is the hopup unit, not including the nub
-Jus skiddin-
Marpat
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers