JG BAR10 mag issue not staying in gun

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

JG BAR10 mag issue not staying in gun

Postby Cyclops » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:39 am

My gun is fairly new with major upgrades. I have 5 mags but 4 worked great (ill now) and 1 couldn't stay in (loose). But today I was sighting t in before a game this weekend and my mags for some reason is TIGHT!!! Seems like it wont lock in and in order for me to pull the mag out I need a small flat head screw driver (never had to before). My gun has had maybe 600 shots thru it (Game play and target practice). When I load my mag besides being tight the release button is stuck in so I need to play with it some before I can get mag out. Do I need to modify the mag some how or do you think the mag release is bad? Has anyone else had this problem? How and what should I be working on?
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Re: JG BAR10 mag issue not staying in gun

Postby pathfinder » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:29 am

something is possibly wrong with your mag release. either the spring has unseated it self or it is gone entirely. if this is not the case it could be that your hop up unit has shifted, where once it was in place and mags fit in, it is now out of place and your mags do not sit right. how does it feed? did you buy after market mags? does the mag that came with your gun have a squared off back, or does it round out and slope downwards?

this is all i got for ya. trouble shoot over.
Promoters who charge $40 for a game they just copy and paste, does not give a crap about you, they care about money.
pathfinder
Soldier
Soldier

Team: DRAT

Postby Cyclops » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:41 am

Mags are rounded off on the opposite side of the feeding lips. Also slop down ward. I got them off of EVike.com for $10. There seems to be some what spring action when pressing in the mag release. I'll have to check the hop up due to a small modification I did to the spacing of inner and outer barrel to make the barrel tight.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jester316 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Like Morgan said, check that the mag release spring is in place. They move around and can cause some havoc. It could also be bent and not function smoothly. Mine is and I'm to lazy to replace it.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Cyclops » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:31 am

TY guys. Spring was some what out of place. As for the mags being tight I notice some wear on the mags where there is brackets holding the mag in place in the gun. Took a razor blade and shaved a little off the wear spots and now fits like a charm. Thank you for the input guys.......
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers