AGM APS2 Type96 Airsoft Sniper Rifle

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

AGM APS2 Type96 Airsoft Sniper Rifle

Postby SuperSniper » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi AP community,
A while back i bought my first airsoft rifle (AGM APS2 Type96 Airsoft Sniper Rifle) evike.com, albeit I've come to realize that most of the airsofters out there think this gun is a piece of crap, and that most people hate answering question regarding this rifle. But i really would like some help for this rifle. My problem is that I've been trying to upgrade my rifles spring, spring guide, and piston from the stock parts which say it can push the bb out at 430-490 fps. Ive been ordering the upgrade parts from evike.com but unfortunately none of the upgrade parts that I've been trying to use, which say that they are for my rifle, seem to be able to cock so that i may fire the rifle. Now while this may be my first rifle, but I'm no rookie when it comes to taking apart and fixing/upgrading parts, as I've been doing that to all of my owned rc cars, helicopters, and other hobby toys. But the one thing about this dilemma is that the rifle won't actually cock with the upgraded parts (I've used Angel Custom Advanced Precision Airsoft APS / APS2 / Type 96 / M99 500 FPS SP170 Tune Up Kit, and the Matrix Spring Upgrade Set for Type96 / APS2 Airsoft Sniper Rifles). Can someone help me out with this problem?
SuperSniper
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: AGM APS2 Type96 Airsoft Sniper Rifle

Postby Alien_Hunter » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:26 pm

Trigger sear is incompatible? People stay clear of these guns because not only are the rifles made to different specs, the parts are too and you end up with this problem. If it's that you can "chamber" a bb but not cock the trigger, check the sear.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jester316 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:15 pm

I believe the AGM Type 96 uses a VSR style trigger mechanism...

5 seconds of googling revealed this: www.airsoftforum.com/board/lofiversion/ ... 39938.html

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby SuperSniper » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:13 pm

Yes, but you knew what to google for. I tried to google about it, but every site kept sending me to a site to buy that type of gun. So thank you for knowing what to google, and the link.
SuperSniper
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Jester316 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Actually I googled "AGM Type 96 upgrades" and that was one of the first to pop up.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:37 am

I may be slightly late in responding to this year-OLD thread here... But this video may help:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pdL_h3yOC9c

If i am not mistaken, my Well MB05 has identical parts to APS2 bolt snipers. If so, thus video is a step-by-step installation guide for the upgrade components... Along with some slightly opinionated material that can be skipped.

Good luck to any other folks with similar issues!
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:37 pm

You are Correct to say the MB-05 has L96 upgrades, but the AGM is different. They tried to make their own version of it and made it almost completely incompatible with upgrade parts from the major line rifles.

@OP you are probably out of luck. I had this problem a while ago, and I ended up selling the rifle and buying a gun that my parts were compatible with.

"The Last Thing You Never See"
Birds of Prey: squad assault sniper
B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers