JG Bar 10 G-Spec Barrel upgrades?

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

JG Bar 10 G-Spec Barrel upgrades?

Postby Kenneth » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:28 pm

I have a JG Bar 10, the G-Spec version seen here... http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/JG-BAR-10 ... /88820.htm

I have no experience with upgrading the internals on any airsoft guns but I would like to buy an inner barrel that will reach to the end of the suppressor. I am clueless as to what barrel to buy/what length. If someone has this version of the Bar 10 or has experience in swapping barrels, which I'm sure is a lot easier than I think it is, I could really use some help and information.

Thank You.
Kenneth
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: JG Bar 10 G-Spec Barrel upgrades?

Postby Jmonday » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:43 pm

Kenneth wrote:I have a JG Bar 10, the G-Spec version seen here... http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/JG-BAR-10 ... /88820.htm

I have no experience with upgrading the internals on any airsoft guns but I would like to buy an inner barrel that will reach to the end of the suppressor. I am clueless as to what barrel to buy/what length. If someone has this version of the Bar 10 or has experience in swapping barrels, which I'm sure is a lot easier than I think it is, I could really use some help and information.

Thank You.

I'm not sure about an actual barrel. But the suppressor is a range extender. Doesn't do much, 'cept for making it look cool, and hiding the inner barrel.
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Postby newboots » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:01 pm

You could use a 450mm barrel and have some wiggle room or get a 509 and cut it to length but you should polish and get a GOOD CROWN on it if you cut it also look into a tdc mod I have about a 250mm inner barrel with stock parts and I'm getting about 200-250 accurately
semper cum honore
always with honor
newboots
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cyclops » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Just get the 509mm angel barrel 6.01. The problem I had with my JGBAR10 was I couldn't find a 4 way hop up unit that would fit in there. So I got rid of it. I've done several sniper guns and I find that if you can get a decent hop up unit then everything else will fall into place. My current sniper I'm hitting players at 300 to 325 ft. Problem is when it is that far they have trouble feeling it. BUT up closer like 200 ft they know I'm around.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby newboots » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:15 pm

For a sniper builds you want a 6.03 and yeah some of the angle custom stuff is good (avoid the zero triggers) but you can't beat a promy 6.03 and a tdc mod
semper cum honore
always with honor
newboots
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cyclops » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Zero triggers are fine. I have one but really you can save money and stick to the stock triggers. My guns I usually go all out on everything. My TSD97 I have over $800 into it and still have room to get more goodies. Me personally I'll stick to the 6.01 just because that's the only barrel I have used in all my guns.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby newboots » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Ok good to know I had only heard them being bad... and yeah the whole 6.01-6.03 thing is a big argument in the sniper community so it's all up to you on your choice
semper cum honore
always with honor
newboots
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers