Good Sniper Rifles

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Re: Good Sniper Rifles

Postby ogrejager » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:50 pm

Jester316 wrote: Or I can "hold on to it" until you decide you want it back...

Right. If it gets used, I'm happy. Besides, I figure you can spend the 100 hours tweaking it and then I can "want it back".

I'll bring it and the HPA system next I see you. If I remember. I'm old. My memory is shot.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:49 pm

Jester, what rifle do you use?

T-time, buy a $90 sniper rifle, run it for 4-6 months, if you're still having fun, then start dumping money into a build. That will also give you time to learn what you need/want.

My 2¢'s
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Jester316 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:56 pm

ClownBaby wrote:Jester, what rifle do you use?

T-time, buy a $90 sniper rifle, run it for 4-6 months, if you're still having fun, then start dumping money into a build. That will also give you time to learn what you need/want.

My 2¢'s

TSD M700 (VSR-10). But the only stock parts are the externals...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby T-Time » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks for the great advice. It really helped.
I think I found one.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:53 am

T-Time wrote:Hey Guys,
I am looking to buy a bolt action sniper rifle that is at least 500 fps and is below two hundred dollars.
Has anyone gotten one that they have really enjoyed or would recommend?

I am using a WELL MB05 (http://www.airsplat.com/well-mb05-awm-a ... rifle.html) that's been somewhat upgraded & overall I am happy with the results; good distance, accuracy, & 450/460 fps using 0.30g BBs. I would like a little more distance but for about $200 this is probably the best I think we'll get. Here is a video I created explaining the gun & upgrades:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdL_h3yOC9c

Good luck!
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby T-Time » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:49 pm

Cruz FoxHound wrote:
T-Time wrote:Hey Guys,
I am looking to buy a bolt action sniper rifle that is at least 500 fps and is below two hundred dollars.
Has anyone gotten one that they have really enjoyed or would recommend?

I am using a WELL MB05 (http://www.airsplat.com/well-mb05-awm-a ... rifle.html) that's been somewhat upgraded & overall I am happy with the results; good distance, accuracy, & 450/460 fps using 0.30g BBs. I would like a little more distance but for about $200 this is probably the best I think we'll get. Here is a video I created explaining the gun & upgrades:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdL_h3yOC9c

Good luck!

Great video!! That is the most helpful airsoft review I have ever seen. I have looked at those MB05s a lot
and I'm still not quite sure what to think about em. It has a very cool and modern look to it but I have heard
that when upgrading one, the parts become loose and just fall out. I have also heard they can get wobbly
when used a lot. I am still interested in one tho. Especially after watching that fantastic video!
Thanks again
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:32 pm

Thanks for watching! I appreciate your feedback. As far as "parts falling out" I have not had this issue, nor do I see how it could happen without sloppy installation. I would sooner blame the technician than the airsoft gun in this case.

As for "wobbliness" of the stock, it is true that the pistol grip can become a weak point in the MB05. To mitigate the problem I drilled a small hole in the grip & have filled the internal empty space with Great Stuff Big Gap Filler (http://www.homedepot.com/p/GREAT-STUFF- ... /100029171). Not only does this strengthen the plastic frame, but it also dampens sound resonance & reduces shot volume. I have used Great Stuff within other empty parts of the plastic stock to this effect. There may be similar products that will work just as well.

Whatever you choose I'm sure you'll have a great time, dude. Buy it before 4/18 & join us at OP: DOW!
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby T-Time » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:16 pm

Cruz FoxHound wrote:Thanks for watching! I appreciate your feedback. As far as "parts falling out" I have not had this issue, nor do I see how it could happen without sloppy installation. I would sooner blame the technician than the airsoft gun in this case.

As for "wobbliness" of the stock, it is true that the pistol grip can become a weak point in the MB05. To mitigate the problem I drilled a small hole in the grip & have filled the internal empty space with Great Stuff Big Gap Filler (http://www.homedepot.com/p/GREAT-STUFF- ... /100029171). Not only does this strengthen the plastic frame, but it also dampens sound resonance & reduces shot volume. I have used Great Stuff within other empty parts of the plastic stock to this effect. There may be similar products that will work just as well.

Whatever you choose I'm sure you'll have a great time, dude. Buy it before 4/18 & join us at OP: DOW!

Yes, I was planning on buying a sniper rifle before attending Broken Arrow. Hopefully I can. :D
I might just see you there!
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Mclain » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:53 pm

Remington had nothing but problems with the model 700 which is the Army model M24 - lawsuit after lawsuit due to a faulty safety, If' you want a sniper rifle get the Winchester model 70' Carlos Hathcock was a legend with this rifle.
Mclain
Recruit
Recruit

Previous

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers