[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Javelin Gun Works M24 spring - Bolt-Action & Snipers

Javelin Gun Works M24 spring

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Javelin Gun Works M24 spring

Postby MySwan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:42 pm

I'm a little new to airsoft and I have all my gear for an AEG m4 setup so don't worry about me being the person that goes straight into sniping with a sniper rifle. My good friend used to play a lot of MSW games and he had a Javelin M24 laying around and it wasn't shooting. Since he's no longer interested in airsoft he didn't even want to put the time into figuring it out but he suspected the hop up was screwed. So he gave it to me for free. I took it apart, found four bb's stuck in the barrel (Madbull 6.01 as long as it could be) and that the bucking was torn and off of the barrel. So my question is what new bucking should I get and what upgrades I should get. It came with an upgraded spring and TBB so it shoots at 550. I want to keep the upgrades at a price that I could sell the gun for more than I put into it.
MySwan
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Sledge

Re: Javelin Gun Works M24 spring

Postby Rentax » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:17 pm

The Javelin M24 runs on the APS2 internals. I have read that the hopup is the same as the UTG hopup so it does vary a bit from the APS2 system so be careful when replacing that. I also read that the stock hopup was garbage and should be replaced.
If you want to keep the price down search Evike for angel custom parts. They are not the best, but are usually better than the stock parts. I have heard the sears in the Javelin are pretty good so don't bother replacing them until they break (which may happen since you are using a heavy spring) Other than that any pick a bucking and put it in and start dialing your gun in. When sniping it's more about consistency and accuracy than anything else. Sure reaching out and touching someone is great, but if you can't do it with precision every time it's not worth the shot.

My google foo found where I had read about the M24's check it out.
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Re: Javelin Gun Works M24 spring

Postby MySwan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:24 am

MySwan
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Sledge

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers