[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Pistol Repair 101 (wip) - Gas Pistols & SMGs

Pistol Repair 101 (wip)

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Pistol Repair 101 (wip)

Postby Zerstoer » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:41 pm

I'd like to start a line of how-to take apart pistols with one of my own. It's a WA 1911, and it's quite old, if you'll notice from the photos. I'd like to start off with a few notes:

1) Do not take apart your pistol if you are not comfortable dealing with small parts.

2) Avoid taking apart the frame if you can, mostly cause the parts are small, and in confined spaces, and can be difficult to put back together.

3) 90% of your problems will come with the slide, whether it be misfeeds, to bad o-rings.

4) I am not responsible if you screw up your pistol based on this guide(or anything else I write)

This is the 1911. I already have the sights removed, because they were falling off cause it's old, so as a note, don't pull out the part # 15 (i usually call it the rear chamber, but i'm not sure on the actual technical term) without removing the rear sight.

So that turns into this

A: Frame
B: Outer Barrel
C: Loading Muzzle
D: Rear Chamber/part #15
E: Chamber Assembly
F: Mazazine
G: Part # 31 (part of pistol grip)
H: Grips
I: Safety spring and pins
J: Hammer pin
K: Safety assembly (hand, and slide)

First we start by removing the slide from the frame. First take the magazine out, then you simply push out the pin, and pill the slide forward.

The next thing you do is push the chamber unit forward, and unscrew the barrel. (some 1911s such as the hi-capa's barrels don't unscrew, and are slightly different to take apart)

After you unscrew the barrel you pull the chamber unit out of the bottom of the slide

After you unscrew the rear sight, the rear chamber should slide forward, then straight out (once you disconnect the loading muzzle spring, if you still have one)

Then the loading muzzle should slide straight out via the grooves in the plastic.

//add photo here

Now you have the slide disassembled enough to do any maintenance you please, whether it be replacing the o-ring on the loading muzzle, or just lubing up after a hard days work.

Part 2 tonight, after I organize the photos: The frame. I'll also fix the text on the smaller photos.

Ok, this part is only reccomended if you like giving yourself a headache with tiny parts, or something is seriously wrong with your pistol.
We start by removing the grips (because they cover a couple of the pins)

Then you take a small blunt object and take out the pin at the bottom of the pistol grip, which you can then pull out part 31, which is a chunk of the pistol grip at the bottom.

Then you can remove the pin for the hand safety , and pull out the slide safety as well (NOTE: While watching out for the pin that will shoot out of the tube next to the safety, you mustn't lose this!)

The next step is to flip it over, pop the pin for the hammer out (the pin on this particular model is one way, so be careful!) and the hammer, and all the tiny pieces of the hammer assembly, as well as the spring should fall out.

Now your pistol is in all of its major components, except the trigger and magazine release aren't out (mostly because i couldn't find my little tiny screw driver) once you have everything else out however, it should just be a matter of turning the screw on the mag release, and it should pop into 2 piece and slide right out, and then the trigger should just slide right out (we already removed the spring that keeps it in place when we took out the safety.)

Questions, comments, please post them!
Last edited by Zerstoer on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zerstoer
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby c0mf0rt » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:06 pm

Personal opinion this should be a sticky. Thanke for the setup man.

Just to add to this. I spent a few hours fixing my pistol last night and it was due to the leaf spring inside the back of the grip being out of place.

**Symptoms**

"Full Auto" affect
Hammer not locking
Learning as I go.
c0mf0rt
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Kendodude » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:39 pm

I thought your pistol was a WE... Not a WA...?
"One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth." - Quattro Bajeena aka Char Aznable
Kendodude

Postby c0mf0rt » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:01 pm

c0mf0rt
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Zerstoer » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:43 am

Zerstoer
Specops
Specops

Postby Radduski » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:01 pm

xZerstoeRx: read my pistol repair thread and be like dave is awesome sticky this! :p

Dave is awesome. You should sticky this thread!
Radduski

Re: Pistol Repair 101 (wip)

Postby Jistuason » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Very well interesting to see and to learn how to fix my pistol.. really nice information and thanks for posting this sir.
Jistuason
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs