Fix your Hi Capa or 1911

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Fix your Hi Capa or 1911

Postby Mobius » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:47 pm

The purpose of this article is to help those of you who have a WE Hi Capa or 1911 that is malfunctioning.

Symptoms: slide locks back and will not return to ready because of hammer, hammer will not stay back at all, replica fires once and then on second trigger pull evactuates all gas remaining in mag, replica fires full automatic until mag is empty. Other symptoms may exist but these are the most common.

All photos are of a WE 1911 but keep in mind that the Hi Capa works the same

You will find that this is relatively a simple repair and is a result of the sear spring being installed incorrectly.

First remove the mag from the replica and dissasemble by moving the slide approximately half way back and align the half circle with the pin that keeps the slide on.
Image next apply pressure to the pin until it "pops" out and remove it from the opposite side.Image at this point the slide will slide right off the grip and dust cover assembly. set this aside

(Hi Capa only) it is not necessary to take the plastic grip off of the dust cover assembly to correct this issue and doing so will probably make the issue worse.

(1911 only) it will make this repair easier if you remove the two plastic grips from your pistol at this point.

press the pin holding the bottom rear of the grip out of the gun and set it somewhere where you wont lose it.Image Now slide out the mainspring housing, note that there are rails down the side of it that fit into grooves in the gripImage also note that there is a seat for the rat tail to fit into when reinstalling the mainspring housing back into the grip.

Set it along with the pin and slide to the side (We'll come back to them later) Carefully lift the sear spring out of the grip and make sure that there is no damage refer to the image for what it should look like.Image

You will notice at this point that the hammer moves freely and if it falls into the cocked position it can be difficult to release. If this has happened then turn the grip upside down and shake it lightly and the hammer should return to normal position (it may take a couple trys.) to prevent the hammer from dropping just hook a rubber band around it and to any point of the dust cover or tape it in place.

Now look inside the grip and notice its inner workings, there is nothing significant on the left, in the center you will notice a long rectangular piece and on the right there is a triangular piece. When you insert the sear spring be sure that the center prong is resting on top of the center rectangular piece and the right prong is resting on top of the triangular piece on the right. There is nothing specific that needs to be done with the left prong its only there to tension the grip safety.Image

Once your spring is siting in the correct position insert the tooth in the horizontal hole in the grip,Image MAKE SURE THIS IS IN PLACE CORRECTLY or all will be for naught.ImageImage Now while holding the spring down, set the mainspring housing on top of it, align the rails with the grooves and the rat tail with the seatImage and slide the mainspring housing into place, (There will be some pretty stiff resistance because the hammer's spring sits inside the seat in the mainspring housing.) Hold it in place and replace the pin that we removed earlier.Image

Replace the slide and slide lock and the repair is complete. Rack your slide back and make sure the hammer stays in place, pull the trigger and release the hammer, repeat this several times to be sure you were successful. If the symptoms still occur then go back to step one and do it again.

If you have any questions or suggestions PM me and Ill do my best to answer them and edit them into this article.
Last edited by Mobius on Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Silver Dragon is to the 1911 as the GSX-R1000 is to the Grand Vitara. They'll both get you down the road, but one helps you compensate for your shortcomings. "sleepy"
Mobius

Team: N/A

Postby PanzerFaust » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:14 pm

wow, nice addition man!!!

*stickied*
Last edited by PanzerFaust on Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
PanzerFaust

Postby fuzzydice123 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:35 pm

trigger spring man...trigger spring ;)
Ill meet you at the bikeracks- Knuckles
2007's Most Improved Player
fuzzydice123

Postby Rogue Reaper » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:41 pm

It is amazing how close to a Real 1911 that is,

Nice write up.
I Like My Motorcycles Loud And My Firearms Quiet. ~ Me
Rogue Reaper

Postby DeathkillerCOBB » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:36 am

Wow this is exactly what I am looking for, my WE 1911 just failed on me.
Dirka Dirka Muhammed Jihad....
DeathkillerCOBB
Soldier
Soldier

Postby RedSpartan5 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:19 pm

So does this mean I can buy a WE 1911 and not worry about getting a lemon (which from what I hear, about half of them are).
RedSpartan5
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Mobius » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:02 pm

yes it does mean that you can buy one now.

I honestly wouldnt trade mine for anything. its been the best pistol I have ever had and has time and time again proven to be irreplaceable.

not to mention easy to fix :D
The Silver Dragon is to the 1911 as the GSX-R1000 is to the Grand Vitara. They'll both get you down the road, but one helps you compensate for your shortcomings. "sleepy"
Mobius

Postby PxRxSxRx » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:44 pm

I can pretty much take mine apart with my eyes closed now, but about a week ago I could have use a tear down of the hammer internals seeing as how at least in my instruction booklet it's terrible pictures and nearly nothing in english. Maybe I'll do a walk through on that seeing as how I've got lot's of free time and a camera next to me... but for some reason I'm having a hell of a time posting pictures and I'm not sure why.

Great walk through for that part of the tear down Mobius.
Yepseeya,
PxRxSxRx
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Elijah » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:56 am

hey, some of the pictures are blurry as hell. I'm stuck at where you reinstall the Leaf spring. I tried doing it and when I try to rack the slide, the hammer won't stay down. Any tips?
Elijah
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Elijah » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:58 am

got it sweet..took me a while to figure out which piece you were speaking of. =) thanks.
Elijah
Ranger
Ranger

Postby 110 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:48 pm

I misaligned the leaf spring with the hammer mech and ended up having a full auto hi-capa. TM Hi-Capa 5.1c? ;)
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby 110 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:35 am

Thanks Mobius! The guide brought my hicapa back to life, again. :)
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Sixxgun » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Thanks for this thread it saved my butt on putting my 1911 back together
Sixxgun
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Mongrol » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:25 pm

OMG i swear iv been working on my we hicapa for weeks now and just like that its done. thanks
Mongrol
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs