The Complete WE 1911 Breakdown Guide

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

The Complete WE 1911 Breakdown Guide

Postby Mobius » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:40 pm

It has come to my attention that the previous guide I posted found here; http://www.airsoftpacific.com/viewtopic ... 963#207963
is not sufficient enough or in-depth enough for some peoples ailments. Therefore I give you the Complete WE 1911 Breakdown Guide.
Enjoi!

First remove the mag from the replica and dissasemble by moving the slide approximately half way back and align the half circle with the pin that keeps the slide on.
Next apply pressure to the pin until it "pops" out and remove it from the opposite side.
At this point the slide will slide right off the grip and dust cover assembly. set this aside.

Press the pin holding the bottom rear of the grip out of the gun and set it somewhere where you wont lose it.
Now slide out the mainspring housing, note that there are rails down the side of it that fit into grooves in the grip
also note that there is a seat for the rat tail to fit into when reinstalling the mainspring housing back into the grip.

If you are installing a new enhanced trigger spring you will need to compress the inside seat and press out the keeper pin shown here.
Once the pin is out the internals will come out and should look like this.
To reinstall just reverse teh takedown procedure and replace the pin.

Set it along with the pin and slide to the side. Carefully lift the sear spring out of the grip and make sure that there is no damage. refer to the image for what it should look like.

At this point were going to remove the safety mechanism, PLEASE NOTE!!! when removing the safety take special care not to lose the spring loaded pin that keeps both your safety and slide lock in place

Make sure the safety is fully engaged (all the way up) and carefully lift it out of the body. it doesnt require any tools jsut get your fingernail under it and lift.
Now remove the two pins and spring from the tube in front of the safety and set them to the side to insure you dont lose them.
NOTE! this is the order in which they will go back into the tube during reassembly.

Once those are removed turn the pistol over and locate the two C ring keepers that hold the aforementioned tube in place.
Using a small regular screwdriver or an awl carefully pry out the two keeper and set them to the side.

Now we remove the tube from the pistol,
and turn our attention to the two screws in the upper right of the replica. There is a philips(+) screw in the far upper right and a regular(-) one below it and slightly left. DO NOT TOUCH IT!!! there is no need to mess with this screw and trust me it will increase your heartache tenfold. Unscrew the phillips screw (+)
and lift off the panel. If you flip it over or this is the part you need to know how everything fits this is what youre looking at.
This is the firing pin mechanism and you really dont want to mess with it.

Turning our atention back to the frame,we are now looking at the workings of the hammer mechanism.
Remove the hammer by simply sliding it off the tube it rests on
At this point there are only two pieces left. the sear
and another piece that assists with the firing pin assembly
These will both easily lift out of the frame.

If you turn your attention teh the regular(-) screw that is just behind the trigger opposite teh checkered side of the mag release,
Using the long prong of the sear spring or a small regular(-) screwdriver press the screw in and 1/4 turn ccw DONT FORCE IT it will go very easily. If it doesnt youre not pushing it in far enough. once you have done this turn the frame over and let the mag release slide out.

Now you can remove the actual trigger and you have an empty frame
Reassembly of the Replica is the exact opposite of breakdown and there are no real tricks along the way.

Good Luck :D
The Silver Dragon is to the 1911 as the GSX-R1000 is to the Grand Vitara. They'll both get you down the road, but one helps you compensate for your shortcomings. "sleepy"
Mobius

Team: N/A

Postby PanzerFaust » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:27 pm

This guide is in the process of saving my a$$. A belated thank you, Mobius! :D
PanzerFaust

Postby Anglico » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:17 pm

bleeding spectacular!!! I needed this so when I get the new WE 1911 from Riddick on the 1st I can tear it down and put in the few pieces that replace the stock ones. THANKS!!!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you shazaam with me, I'll kill you all.
Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
Anglico
Ranger
Ranger

Postby PanzerFaust » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:20 pm

The new 1911 is the hotness! that's what I'm tossing back together atm. Painted the frame OD.
PanzerFaust

Postby Sleepy » Mon May 26, 2008 11:12 pm

I'm looking to make a few changes to my WE 1911 when it gets here, and I need some advice on those changes.

EDIT: Okay, new concept. I need to swap out the slide release on my 1911 for the extended one that seems to only come on the model with the white grips. Anyone know where I can find one, or is someone interested in trading their extended slide release for my standard one? Will a RS one work, or is it specific to a GBB?
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby carnae assada » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:43 pm

is there anyway you can make me up a set of instuctions for my silver dragon or direct me to where there is some?
I wear T-shirts in winter "cause I'm just built better"
carnae assada
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Mobius » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:50 pm

Sleepy... a RS extended slide release will fit so you can go that route

Carne... your silver dragon will break down almost exactly the same as what is pictured above.

If you want something specialized to the dragon youll need t5o bring me your dragon and 25.00 and Ill make you up a guide.
The Silver Dragon is to the 1911 as the GSX-R1000 is to the Grand Vitara. They'll both get you down the road, but one helps you compensate for your shortcomings. "sleepy"
Mobius

Postby carnae assada » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:39 am

well my silver dragon is having issues with the hammer not locking back. If gas is in the clip it just blows the entire clips worth of ammo and gas. the hammer occasionaly will stay back , but i cant rely on that. Its become to dangerous to use. the gas release chronys at 572 almost every shot.
I wear T-shirts in winter "cause I'm just built better"
carnae assada
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Sleepy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:44 am

Okay, so, some issues and questions. If you manually rack the slide back, the slide release does not always engage. If you do it rather forcefully, the release will engage. I haven't had a chance to fire it yet, but I would imagine that the action of firing it would be enough force to shift the release. From what I can tell, the pin is engaging too high up on the release, and is out of the groove. Any idea on how to fix that? Could I just use a dremel to extend the groove?

As for installing an aftermarket job, is there any machine work that would need to be done. Are all the pins in the same place? I'm planning on using the Wilson Combat Extended Slide Release. It looks like it doesn't need any modifications, but I just want to be sure. Do we think it might cause a clearance issue with the Safariland 6004 I plan on getting?

I'm also looking to replace the trigger with a longer one, to make it easier to feel and reach. Pretty much any TM compatible trigger would work, right? Same goes for replacing the hammer with a ring-type?

I'm also planning on getting some Crimson Trace lasergrips to mount on my 1911, and I was wondering if we knew of any fit/finish issues with mounting RS grips on a WE 1911?

Finally, I'm thinking about having some serrations made in the slide, forward of the cylinder, like you see on all these slick new tacticool jobs. If I wanted it to look clean, what sort of machine work would I need done? I'm looking for a fairly aggressive cut, since I usually am wearing gloves when I'm in the field.

PS: Is there any way to take some of the rattle out of the slide, or is that pretty much a design feature. It feels pretty solid in the hand, but it feels like there's room for it to be *more* solid.
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby STRIK3 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:33 pm

I'd recommend having something to put your springs, pins, and other small parts in so they don't get separated and lost. Use a cup or glass dish and everything will stay in one place.
ISAF-C, The 144, Rushing Russians OR/Willamette Valley KВДВ

http://www.facebook.com/ExecutiveRiskControlServices
STRIK3
Ranger
Ranger

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Mobius » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:19 pm

call airsoft outlet and ask them if they can get the extended slide release. they can get almost any part for the WE 1911s
Mobius

Re: The Complete WE 1911 Breakdown Guide

Postby Bocks » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:54 pm

What if I did unscrew the (-) screw on accident and put it back in and decided not to take the hammer mechanism off, then put the safety back in and now the safety is stuck? Yes I did that. Yes I need a lot of help right now.
Bocks
Recruit
Recruit

Re: The Complete WE 1911 Breakdown Guide

Postby Stinkoman247 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:08 pm

Thanks for this post; It helped me clean the dirt out of my WE baby hicapa 3.8 trigger. And it works quite nicely with every single part having been cleaned thoroughly ;).
Stinkoman247
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs